Army of Darkness - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Army of Darkness Reviews

November 9, 2017
The third installment of The Evil Dead series. It doesn't disappoint..
November 6, 2017
Straight out of a comic book & on to the screen is the feel you get with this film...fun, corny but strangely likable.

The story of a Joe Blow who is accidentally transported to England in 1300 & upsets the order & the awakens the undead.

Wildly over the top but at all times fun, quite interesting to see Elizabeth Davitz (Miss Honey from Matilda 1996) a phenomenal actress play this role anyone could do. Loud & proud you just need to go with it!!
½ November 4, 2017
Very light 3 1/2. Director's Cut a very strong 4.
October 27, 2017
The third film in the "Evil Dead" trilogy goes for more of a fantasy epic vibe instead of its hardcore horror beginnings, but that does not tamper with the quality of the film. Right out the gate the film gives plenty of thrills, scares, action and Three Stooges style humor all elevated by the direction of Sam Raimi and main star, the king of cool, Bruce Campbell. "Army of Darkness" is an absolute riot of horror and slap-stick comedy and should not be missed even if you haven't seen the previous installments.
October 26, 2017
Fun and campy. Interesting premise that is mostly entertaining even if the final act is a little dull.
October 23, 2017
Army Of Darkness: Army Of Darkness ends the original trilogy with story and action over blood and gore with one of the best most badass endings ever. Sam Rami ends one of the most unique series ever in kickass style, groovy!
½ October 17, 2017
Tried to enjoy but I couldn't for the most part. Not a bad movie just the humor and the horror mixed with medieval times was just not good. It was also too silly. Felt like the mortal kombat acting and action.
October 17, 2017
The last and final movie to the Evil Dead trilogy and what can I say? I liked this movie a lot. i enjoyed the comedy and goofiness that is in this film. But my issues still are there. I do enjoy Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2 more than this. I think this weaker in my opinion to those, but not by much. Ash is more of a douche bag than he was in the first 2 films. He was more of a nicer guy but for some reason once he's in this movie he's a fucking asshole. It doesn't make sense to me. But I did have fun watching this, it was a crazy and really entertaining flick that combined horror and comedy pretty well.
October 16, 2017
Entertaining movie but it didn't fit well with the series as a whole. The Evil dead 1-2 were amazing and felt like a horror movie. However army of darkness fails to bring the elements of the first two. I loved ash's badass persona however it strayed too far away from the originals and became way too goofy and comedic.
September 25, 2017
It's good but no where near as good as the original. But packs enough action and zany storytelling to make it an underrated classic. With one of the most badass endings of all time.
August 28, 2017
Not as funny watching it as a whole, as opposed to individual segments. Directs cut has terrible ending and a skeleton scene out of placement
August 26, 2017
After two great films we have the third and final film in the Evil Dead series and just like with the Spider-Man series Sam Raimi fails to finish off a trilogy in a way that rivals the prior two films as this is an utter disappointment overall. Yes Bruce Campbell is as watchable as ever, the production is solid, the action is mostly good, there a few funny lines/scenes and I like the score however there are far more problems in this one film than the two previous films had combined. Firstly it completely ignores how Evil Dead II finished and completely rewrites it (which is a shame because that ending was good, far better than how this film starts), it also feels like a retread, the majority of the comedy falls flat, the plot is boring, the violence and over the top gore is mostly gone and even though it is much bigger in scope than the previous films it feels a lot more routine.
August 19, 2017
Cult Classic B Horror Comedy!
August 9, 2017
Though the deathly moments from its predecessors are toned down quite a bit here, Army of Darkness is still an enjoyable ride from start to finish. The combination of effects ranging from stop motion to puppets to fake shemps make it all worth it. That plus Bruce Campbell as Ash being completely uncouth but determined action hero that gets the blunt of the slapstick is pretty awesome. Considered Ash's biggest adventure with the deadites yet, this higher-budgeted conclusion to the influential Evil Dead films has a place with many camp horror films before and after.
½ August 4, 2017
Great fantastic phenomenal third installment in the evil dead trilogy starring Bruce Campbell. If you know me or read my reviews you would know that I hated the first movie but this is exceptional, fantastic. I think that this is the best movie in the franchise because it's funny and has the most action than any other evil dead movie. I know that this is the final movie and I already saw the tv that was recently released , thank you evil dead, thank you.
July 28, 2017
although more than a silly fantasy film than a horror comedy,Army of Darkness is loads of fun
½ June 29, 2017
While Army of Darkness doesn't have the scares that the first two Evil Dead movies had, it's still a funny, entertaining, satisfying conclusion to the Evil Dead trilogy.
½ June 25, 2017
This franchise ended up being pretty good! This movie was a bit too corny at times but overall was so ridiculous that it was hilarious! Ash is a true hero, lol.
½ June 20, 2017
Sam Raimi's Army of Darkness delivers a great conclusion to what is one of the most unique trilogies in cinema history, providing a ton of laughs and plenty of exciting action in the process.
½ June 19, 2017
A brutally entertaining ending to the trilogy, Army of Darkness may have more laughs than scares, but that's actually a good thing. That, the higher budget, and Bruce Campbell's fantastic performance all come together with hilariously great battle sequences to make one of the best horror comedies ever.