Army of Darkness - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Army of Darkness Reviews

September 5, 2017
It's good but no where near as good as the original.
August 28, 2017
Not as funny watching it as a whole, as opposed to individual segments. Directs cut has terrible ending and a skeleton scene out of placement
August 26, 2017
After two great films we have the third and final film in the Evil Dead series and just like with the Spider-Man series Sam Raimi fails to finish off a trilogy in a way that rivals the prior two films as this is an utter disappointment overall. Yes Bruce Campbell is as watchable as ever, the production is solid, the action is mostly good, there a few funny lines/scenes and I like the score however there are far more problems in this one film than the two previous films had combined. Firstly it completely ignores how Evil Dead II finished and completely rewrites it (which is a shame because that ending was good, far better than how this film starts), it also feels like a retread, the majority of the comedy falls flat, the plot is boring, the violence and over the top gore is mostly gone and even though it is much bigger in scope than the previous films it feels a lot more routine.
August 19, 2017
Cult Classic B Horror Comedy!
August 9, 2017
Though the deathly moments from its predecessors are toned down quite a bit here, Army of Darkness is still an enjoyable ride from start to finish. The combination of effects ranging from stop motion to puppets to fake shemps make it all worth it. That plus Bruce Campbell as Ash being completely uncouth but determined action hero that gets the blunt of the slapstick is pretty awesome. Considered Ash's biggest adventure with the deadites yet, this higher-budgeted conclusion to the influential Evil Dead films has a place with many camp horror films before and after.
½ August 4, 2017
Great fantastic phenomenal third installment in the evil dead trilogy starring Bruce Campbell. If you know me or read my reviews you would know that I hated the first movie but this is exceptional, fantastic. I think that this is the best movie in the franchise because it's funny and has the most action than any other evil dead movie. I know that this is the final movie and I already saw the tv that was recently released , thank you evil dead, thank you.
July 28, 2017
although more than a silly fantasy film than a horror comedy,Army of Darkness is loads of fun
½ June 29, 2017
While Army of Darkness doesn't have the scares that the first two Evil Dead movies had, it's still a funny, entertaining, satisfying conclusion to the Evil Dead trilogy.
½ June 25, 2017
This franchise ended up being pretty good! This movie was a bit too corny at times but overall was so ridiculous that it was hilarious! Ash is a true hero, lol.
½ June 20, 2017
Sam Raimi's Army of Darkness delivers a great conclusion to what is one of the most unique trilogies in cinema history, providing a ton of laughs and plenty of exciting action in the process.
½ June 19, 2017
A brutally entertaining ending to the trilogy, Army of Darkness may have more laughs than scares, but that's actually a good thing. That, the higher budget, and Bruce Campbell's fantastic performance all come together with hilariously great battle sequences to make one of the best horror comedies ever.
June 11, 2017
A modern guy travels to medieval times cartoon, terrible gags, slap stick and boredom abounds oh sorry there's real actors and practical effects...it's still a Disney-esque "Family friendly" cartoonish film. I leave completely puzzled as to why this trilogy is loved. It's just bad, not so bad it's good like plan 9 from outer space or it's ilk...just bad and boring.

Does the TV series at least get good...or is it more of this?
June 7, 2017
Bruce Campbell knocks it out of the park in his 3rd performance as Ash. The film has great laughs and an amazing story
May 29, 2017
The jokes in this franchise have run their course by this point. 'Army of Darkness' is a boring slog of a comedy with few genuine laughs. The gags run on for too long and go stale quickly. Especially a never-ending sequence involving Ash being tormented by mini versions of himself. Its like Raimi tried to recapture what was so great about 'Evil Dead II' but overdid it to the point where it wasn't even slightly amusing. Like all of Sam Raimi's Evil Dead movies there are some cool special effects, but in the end this is yet another franchise that overstayed it's welcome.
May 25, 2017
THE GREATEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME.
May 24, 2017
Slips downward from the first two, but still worth watching.
May 9, 2017
The third Evil Dead film basically eschews the horror and the gore for a (comparatively way more accessible) full-blown, eccentric type of goth-comic-book fantasy. The 1300 A.D. setting did feel a little dysfunctional and I did miss the horror element but, if you can accept the tonal difference, you'll probably have a good time and appreciate this for what it is: a minor but enjoyable medieval take on Evil Dead with beautiful imagery and a thrilling, full-on battle against the Army of Darkness.
March 31, 2017
4/5. One of the strangest movies I have ever seen, but I loved it.
March 3, 2017
best movie of any generation. Casablanca can go suck it!
January 20, 2017
A bit more campy and goofy, this movie is still a lot of fun. But why does Ash not just kill the zombies with his chin? He could probably do that, he has the chin of Bruce Campbell.