Army of Darkness - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Army of Darkness Reviews

May 27, 2018
Strengths: After Evil Dead 2 ventured into some comedic territory, Sam Raimi and company went full in on it for Army of Darkness. It worked like a charm. This movie is ridiculous in the best possible way. Bruce Campbell (Ash) is fantastic. His wit and charisma is what carried over so well into the excellent Ash vs. Evil Dead series. There are just so many laugh out loud moments. Nearly every minute of the runtime is packed with laughs. It's incredibly quotable as Ash just delivers one liner after one liner. The special effects are pretty bad, but there's a charm to them that makes them cool now. Actually, there is one standout special effect that really works. When "Bad" Ash is being born, the scene where you see his eye coming out of Ash's shoulder looks perfectly grotesque. At just 81 minutes, it's a very easy watch.

Weaknesses: Other than Bruce Campbell, none of the cast standout. Even Embeth Davidtz (Sheila) doesn't do much.

Overall: One of my favorite movies of all time. It's downright hilarious and features Bruce Campbell at his best. What's not to love?
May 20, 2018
Category: Guilty pleasures (and I have to admit that I still have to watch the first 2 of the trilogy)
May 17, 2018
Well, at least now i know how funny skeletons can be!
March 25, 2018
Army of Darkness is the third instalment in the Evil Dead franchise and although it completely abandons its origins in the horror genre and instead becomes a complete comedy, it is a very interesting change. This movie is follows Ash after he travels back in time to the medieval times where the evil terrorises the people. This movie is very funny and Bruce Campbell once again does a terrific job as Ash in this movie as his character is developed further. This movie has similar charm to the much later Pirates of the Caribbean movies in that although it is extremely silly it is also very funny and very entertaining. Although not as good as Evil Dead 2, Army of Darkness is a hugely successful film in my eyes and possibly one of the most interesting cult classics out there.
March 3, 2018
The weakest of the trilogy but a very, very funny film. Unfortunately a lot of the special effects in this ambitious sequel have dated but it has a certain low budget charm because of that.
Following on from the previous film but offering more of a fantasy comedy this is an incredibly entertaining movie.
Again, Bruce Campbell is at his hilarious best.

There are 2 cuts of the movie with 2 endings. I prefer the one where he got home as opposed to the one where he wakes up in the future.
February 19, 2018
Cinematography/Editing: 4
Age/Originality: 4
Total: 17/25
January 7, 2018
great soundtrack cheesy filled with machismo and slight horror as well as being really funny great cult film.
½ January 2, 2018
A brutally entertaining ending to the trilogy, Army of Darkness may have more laughs than scares, but that's actually a good thing. That, the higher budget, and Bruce Campbell's fantastic performance all come together with hilariously great battle sequences to make one of the best horror comedies ever.
December 25, 2017
The final instalment in the Evil Dead Trilogy by Sam Raimi. While not scary at all, this movie is one of the funniest rides ever to grace your home entertainment. Best enjoyed with friends and alcoholic beverages.
November 9, 2017
The third installment of The Evil Dead series. It doesn't disappoint..
November 6, 2017
Straight out of a comic book & on to the screen is the feel you get with this film...fun, corny but strangely likable.

The story of a Joe Blow who is accidentally transported to England in 1300 & upsets the order & the awakens the undead.

Wildly over the top but at all times fun, quite interesting to see Elizabeth Davitz (Miss Honey from Matilda 1996) a phenomenal actress play this role anyone could do. Loud & proud you just need to go with it!!
½ November 4, 2017
Very light 3 1/2. Director's Cut a very strong 4.
October 27, 2017
The third film in the "Evil Dead" trilogy goes for more of a fantasy epic vibe instead of its hardcore horror beginnings, but that does not tamper with the quality of the film. Right out the gate the film gives plenty of thrills, scares, action and Three Stooges style humor all elevated by the direction of Sam Raimi and main star, the king of cool, Bruce Campbell. "Army of Darkness" is an absolute riot of horror and slap-stick comedy and should not be missed even if you haven't seen the previous installments.
October 26, 2017
Fun and campy. Interesting premise that is mostly entertaining even if the final act is a little dull.
October 23, 2017
Army Of Darkness: Army Of Darkness ends the original trilogy with story and action over blood and gore with one of the best most badass endings ever. Sam Rami ends one of the most unique series ever in kickass style, groovy!
½ October 17, 2017
Tried to enjoy but I couldn't for the most part. Not a bad movie just the humor and the horror mixed with medieval times was just not good. It was also too silly. Felt like the mortal kombat acting and action.
October 17, 2017
The last and final movie to the Evil Dead trilogy and what can I say? I liked this movie a lot. i enjoyed the comedy and goofiness that is in this film. But my issues still are there. I do enjoy Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2 more than this. I think this weaker in my opinion to those, but not by much. Ash is more of a douche bag than he was in the first 2 films. He was more of a nicer guy but for some reason once he's in this movie he's a fucking asshole. It doesn't make sense to me. But I did have fun watching this, it was a crazy and really entertaining flick that combined horror and comedy pretty well.
October 16, 2017
Entertaining movie but it didn't fit well with the series as a whole. The Evil dead 1-2 were amazing and felt like a horror movie. However army of darkness fails to bring the elements of the first two. I loved ash's badass persona however it strayed too far away from the originals and became way too goofy and comedic.
September 25, 2017
It's good but no where near as good as the original. But packs enough action and zany storytelling to make it an underrated classic. With one of the most badass endings of all time.