Arrival - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Arrival Reviews

½ February 18, 2018
Amy Adams and Jeremy Renner are awesome and the story is awesome as well but the third part is kind of tricky.
February 17, 2018
This movie will stimulate your imagination, even if the ending didn't quite make sense.
½ February 17, 2018
Not much about aliens or scifi, more a linguistic movie
½ February 16, 2018
Brilliantly executed and an excellent new approach to an old idea.
½ February 15, 2018
Not sure how this movie ended up with so many good reviews from audience and critics alike. Very predictable, and I mean she literally sees the future predictable, plot lines. Nothing original added to the sci-fi world. Important scenes glossed over as if they didn't matter. Can say if your bored and want something playing in the background almost as if a book on tape then turn it on. Watching it directly will say skip over and just read a spoiler to save yourself 100 mins lost from your life.
February 15, 2018
A masterfully made movie. Practically no flaws.
February 13, 2018
A thinking person's fantasy film about the arrival of aliens to Earth. Add in an interesting take on time, and what many scientist think and you have a good film like this one.
½ February 13, 2018
Villeneuve attains perfect balance once again in a dazing, universal story.
February 12, 2018
Great portrayal of an Alien encounter. Looking forward to the sequel. Exactly what is it they need our help?
½ February 12, 2018
Good movie, wish there was more details.
February 10, 2018
My third viewing, but this time I had the script on my lap and compared scenes while watching the film.

Conclusion: The finished product is much better than what was written on the paper. Hats off to Denis Villeneuve and his crew for turning this somewhat mediocre script into an excellent sci-fi drama with grace and intelligence.

I still do and always will have problems with the third act and I would've very much liked it if they had kept the climax smaller scale, rather than her trying to save the world and stop the Chinese from starting a global war with the aliens. Everything leading up to that point is quite brilliant and thought-provoking.

P.S. The first 4 minutes always breaks my heart and so does the last 3 minutes.
February 10, 2018
2001 a Space Odessy might have left many thinking. This movie left me thinking why did they make such poorly scripted movies?
February 8, 2018
Great intelectual si-if movie with great charters and directing.
½ February 2, 2018
It's an ambitious film. It's too ambitious for my taste, but worth my money and time.
½ January 31, 2018
Pretty high on the rewatch level. A bit slow, but it's worth it... watched second time, just as good.
½ January 30, 2018
This science fiction film contains numerous themes including those of circles, and beginnings and endings. Although the storyline is not exactly original, it does bring a new angle to the genre. The result is an entertaining and sometimes gripping film. AAN AFI 1001
½ January 29, 2018
Amazing, beautiful and smart.
January 29, 2018
Capolavoro.
E ho detto tutto!
January 27, 2018
Love the special effects! All super good. The story is rather simple, like most of ET movies in fact. Pretty good message but I would have enjoyed to see all the military being crushed. I'll refrain from telling the story because it is worth watching. It is well thought and I liked it. I disagree with many details and agree with many more. Hence, more better stories are to come. I can almost see them already. I know it and I will enjoy them nevertheless.
½ January 26, 2018
Where's Amy Adam's Oscar?