Arthur - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Arthur Reviews

½ July 17, 2017
What is up with Brand's voice? Is it always that high? Why is he always drinking Maker's Mark? Multi millionaire don't drink that shit. My homegirl Mirren is the bomb as per. A fun flick, might have to watch the original to compare.
December 31, 2016
It's not a good movie to watch
December 25, 2016
Aika pölö elokuva, varsinkin alussa. Päähenkilö oli hyvin häiritsevä. Suorastaan idiootti. Mutta ilmeisesti tässä oli jokin lämminhenkinen sanoma kuitenkin. Treffit rautatieasemalla oli hieno kohtaus. Vähän kyllä ihmetytti että laatunäyttelijänä tunnettu Helen Mirren menee mukaan tällaiseen.
October 26, 2016
Not that funny a movie.
August 23, 2016
Lacking the charm and humor of the original, this unfunny remake is completely unnecessary.
July 26, 2016
I remember seeing ads for this movie back in 2011 when it got its theatrical release and, having no previous experience with Russell Brand, was instantly turned off by his smirky appearance. "Who does this guy think he's kidding?" I wondered. Well, it turns out the joke was on me because I just watched Arthur on TV and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It works as a comedy thanks to Brand's effortless humour and talent. No it didn't win any Academy awards, and if I had to criticize anything it would be Greta Gerwig's saccharine character, but apart from that the movie is a pleasant surprise. I think most people will likely compare it unfavourably against its original, which is a shame - if you take it for what it is, you will likely find yourself enjoying it as much as I did.
July 2, 2016
Actually not that bad.
March 14, 2016
just to spend time... nothing special.
la pelicula es malisima, pero es muy graciosa... solo es para matar el tiempo y para reir
½ February 24, 2016
La peli es así maluca, o como me gusta decir, popó en un palo, una pálida versión de la original ochentera; russel brand no tiene el patético encanto de dudley moore (y ni mencionar a la chatía que hace el rol de Liza Minelli, completamente olvidable); lo único rescatable es Hellen Mirren, que donde aparezca, brilla, con esa su dignidad y gravitas tan de ella.
½ February 3, 2016
110406: This film grew on me in the days after watching it. Mom didn't like it at all placing most of the blame on Russell Brand. Mom's loyal to the original. It made me laugh a few times and I'm a real sucker right now for a romance.
February 3, 2016
Not a worthy remake, but there is some charm to it! I don't like the duck faced woman of Hollywood (Jennifer Garner) by the way! I don't care how hot she is, because after all these years, her face still annoys the crap out of me!
January 31, 2016
Such good dialogue! I don't understand why it's so disliked. I mean, I do. But I don't.
December 16, 2015
The worst movie I have ever seen
November 26, 2015
I wanna see russel brand!
November 6, 2015
The script is actually alright, the delivery, sometimes, leaves much to be desired.
I could totally imagine a much better movie based on the exact same script, but with Jim Carrey in place of Russell Brand.
The ending was great for a romcom. much more realistic than expected.
½ November 6, 2015
A stupid, braindead dozen-comedy that has little or nothing to contibute to the movie world. Watch it the day after a big party, when your brain doesn't want to work. Not even Helen Mirren can make this movie interesting..
October 2, 2015
I love the original...I hope it's as good
August 25, 2015
Totally loved this film hit some great story lines brilliant relationship between the both
½ August 15, 2015
Hey Arthur, you get half a star for having Batman and Robin in the opening of the film. Other than that, go die.