Attack Force Z - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Attack Force Z Reviews

February 15, 2014
During WW II an elite team is sent to locate and rescue the survivors of a shot down plane, stranded on a South Pacific island occupied by the Japanese. One of the castaways is a defecting Japanese official who holds the secret to ending the war, and must be saved at all costs.

stars Mel Gibson, John Phillip Law, Sam Neill, Chris Haywood, John Waters, Yu Wang, Sylvia Chang and O Ti.

directed by Tim Burstall.
November 3, 2012
Great war movie based on a small mission in ww2. It also reminds everyone of what a great screen presence Mel Gibson was.
½ July 30, 2012
Supposedly based on real missions in which everyone was apparently killed, just how accurate this movie is is anyone's guess. Highlights include the very talented and cute Sylvia Chang and listening to Mel Gibson's Australian accent.
½ April 23, 2011
Not a bad Aussie war movie...Good for a boring Sunday anyways :)
Usually when I see WWII movies with Japs you expect gruesome killings but although this had it fair share of death they weren't horrific scenes that make you turn it off... Worth a look for a shoot em up WWII movie...
May 17, 2010
NOT INTERESTED IN THIS FILM...
April 30, 2010
A pretty generic World War 2 commando film. The dream cast and the Asian context make it a bit more interesting than the average.
January 4, 2010
I still remember the sound of the silencer enabled guns they used in this film. I was too young to be watching it, and I watched it over and over. I just really liked this movie. Now today, I find out Mel Gibson was in it as well as Sam Neill - too funny.
½ October 16, 2009
WWII action film about a group of Australian commandos, led by Mel Gibson, along with Sam Neil and John Philip Law, sent to an island in the South Pacific, that is occupied by the Japanese, in order to rescue the surviving members of a plane crash, who are vital to the war effort.
Not a terrible film, but certainly not great. With the exception of a few mildly exciting action scenes, the picture is ultimately rather dull. Hampered by bland direction, stilted acting and a lousy score the film doesn't really amount up to much.
Director Tim Burstall replaced original director Philip Noyce, who was fired over creative differences with the film's producer.
½ September 8, 2009
Not a bad film.... Interesting to see a film about Australians and there involvement in that part of the war.
February 13, 2009
If you are not a fan of Sam Neill or Mel Gibson, don't bother. Its a B movie action flick and not a thrilling one at that. Predictable, except for one facet of the ending which really was not that surprising.
April 10, 2008
"Ira Hayes....
Ira Hayes....
Call him drunken Hayes,
He won't answer anymore.
Not the whiskey drunken Indian or the man who went to war."
March 11, 2008
Good WW2 action, Mad Mel very australian in this.
½ December 16, 2007
My rating may possibly be swayed because i really enjoyed this when i was much younger and back then had watched it a good dozen times or so. Gibson is awesome, very young here and not known for this role but overall, Z explores some insight into jap forces during WW2. Very good film.
½ November 12, 2007
not bad..some decent action and a chance to catch Gibson (if ur a Gibson fan) and Neill in some early work
September 22, 2007
excellent, well worth a watch
August 28, 2007
wow - It a war movie with Mel Gibson so i have to see it =)
½ August 6, 2007
Decent film, one of my favourites.acting is a bit wooden to say he least but well told story and highlights the grim reality of it all
July 23, 2007
Commando movies are great! Its interesting to get an Austrilans point of view of the war