The Aviator - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Aviator Reviews

½ July 14, 2017
A very good film. There are only a few problems i had this time around. which were the exaggeration of Hughes' Craziness, the fact that they didnt show his drug abuse and the fact that it kept me wanting the film to keep going.
June 20, 2017
Featuring superb performances and cinematography, this epic biography chronicles an amazing period in time featuring a larger-than-life character. AAN GGWD. 1001
June 18, 2017
Dicaprio é uma frondosa arvore que sustenta a frieza de Logan e a inapetência de Scorsese que deixar vazar por entre os dedos a oportunidade de marcar a historia do cinema com a incrível biografia de Howard Hughes. Eu queria mais muito mais. Martin Scorsese estava diante de um bancante real e se fartou com apenas algumas uvas, sim restou o brilhantismo de Leonardo Dicaprio para nos livrar do opróbrio.
June 17, 2017
Finally could watch this !Amazing performance by Cate Blanchett !
June 1, 2017
great biopic just shows how u can be scarred by your child hood and get trapped by it as u grow older
½ May 20, 2017
Leonardo Decaprio's performance and the color and style of The Aviator, make up for its epic lengths and slow points.
May 4, 2017
Martin Scorsese has made a few good films, but he really takes a nosedive here. Despite some awards and good reviews, this is not a good movie by any means. I was bored out of my mind, and didn't care for its length or dark nature. (First and only viewing - 10/1/2014)
April 9, 2017
This Film Could Have Had Got The 2005 Academy Award For Best Picture.
March 16, 2017
One of the best movies ever!!!
January 20, 2017
Scorsese is at it again with The Aviator. This movie is about the life of Howard Hughes played by Leonardo Dicaprio. Leo couldn't of played a better Howard Hughes. He plays Howard perfectly and keeps you engaged in the movie for the entire 2 hour and 50 min runtime. Cate Blanchett is incredible and deservedly won the Oscar for her portrayal of Katherine Hepburn. The cast all play off each other perfectly and with Marty's directing ability this movies runtime doesn't feel all that long. I even felt it could of been a bit longer. This may be Scorsese most beautiful movie the cinematography is incredible and also deservedly won the the Oscar. This movie is great and definitely worth the watch.
½ January 2, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ December 26, 2016
Leonardo dicaprio is at his best
December 26, 2016
Very interesting and historical character!
½ December 14, 2016
Nice production of an icon of the usa. Hughes was huge. Great reenactments of the crashes. His life was certainly more complex than the film depicts. Leonardo does great but I see the guy much differently, much more down to earth. They do not show us how he was flying, really. His sickness is well explained in the dvd extras but I'm not sure I believe it all that much. I think this is a case of the mob, just like Elvis and Orson Welles. They get spoiled and manipulated by the mob and slowly sink into crappiness. Whatever is their own crappiness.
½ December 14, 2016
½ December 9, 2016
Leo kills it again. Fantastic acting by him on a story/script that was just insanely fascinating. Alec Baldwin played a great antagonist and Kate Blanchett's accent had me cracking up.
November 26, 2016
Pensaba que "El Lobo de Wall Street" había sido el PERSONAJE en la carrera de DiCaprio pero este también está ahí en la cima. Fascinante retrato de un hombre con una obsesión: hacer lo que todos le decían que no se podía.
November 14, 2016
Movies don't get better than a crazy DiCaprio holed up in a theater, peeing in a bottle.
½ October 11, 2016
In total Scorsese style as always, grand in every way. Leo plays the eccentric founder Howard Hughes, which certainly is not lacking ambition. A sort of biographical movie it´s suppose to be, following the ups and downs of Hughes life. Leo giving it all, in a me vs the world turbulence performance.
½ October 7, 2016
This was a cool movie but I didn't completely follow all of it. Was slow at times and found it a little hard to follow along because I wasn't completely engrossed in the movie. Great acting though and I liked the way it was filmed. Might watch it again sometime in the future and try to follow the storyline more.