The Aviator - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Aviator Reviews

January 20, 2017
Scorsese is at it again with The Aviator. This movie is about the life of Howard Hughes played by Leonardo Dicaprio. Leo couldn't of played a better Howard Hughes. He plays Howard perfectly and keeps you engaged in the movie for the entire 2 hour and 50 min runtime. Cate Blanchett is incredible and deservedly won the Oscar for her portrayal of Katherine Hepburn. The cast all play off each other perfectly and with Marty's directing ability this movies runtime doesn't feel all that long. I even felt it could of been a bit longer. This may be Scorsese most beautiful movie the cinematography is incredible and also deservedly won the the Oscar. This movie is great and definitely worth the watch.
½ January 2, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ December 26, 2016
Leonardo dicaprio is at his best
December 26, 2016
Very interesting and historical character!
½ December 14, 2016
Nice production of an icon of the usa. Hughes was huge. Great reenactments of the crashes. His life was certainly more complex than the film depicts. Leonardo does great but I see the guy much differently, much more down to earth. They do not show us how he was flying, really. His sickness is well explained in the dvd extras but I'm not sure I believe it all that much. I think this is a case of the mob, just like Elvis and Orson Welles. They get spoiled and manipulated by the mob and slowly sink into crappiness. Whatever is their own crappiness.
½ December 9, 2016
Leo kills it again. Fantastic acting by him on a story/script that was just insanely fascinating. Alec Baldwin played a great antagonist and Kate Blanchett's accent had me cracking up.
November 26, 2016
Pensaba que "El Lobo de Wall Street" había sido el PERSONAJE en la carrera de DiCaprio pero este también está ahí en la cima. Fascinante retrato de un hombre con una obsesión: hacer lo que todos le decían que no se podía.
November 14, 2016
Movies don't get better than a crazy DiCaprio holed up in a theater, peeing in a bottle.
½ October 11, 2016
In total Scorsese style as always, grand in every way. Leo plays the eccentric founder Howard Hughes, which certainly is not lacking ambition. A sort of biographical movie it´s suppose to be, following the ups and downs of Hughes life. Leo giving it all, in a me vs the world turbulence performance.
½ October 7, 2016
This was a cool movie but I didn't completely follow all of it. Was slow at times and found it a little hard to follow along because I wasn't completely engrossed in the movie. Great acting though and I liked the way it was filmed. Might watch it again sometime in the future and try to follow the storyline more.
October 4, 2016
DiCaprio is amazing. Such a good acting performance. He does just about everything.
September 30, 2016
Worst sending evvaaaah...1-star minus ...
September 28, 2016
This is definitely one of the most beautiful film of the twenty-first century. I love everything about this film from the setting to the wonderful actors: Leonardo DiCaprio and Cate Blanchett deliver one of their best performances. Martin Scorsese is a great director and in my opinion The Aviator remains his best film to date.
½ September 27, 2016
Sometimes it's boring to be perfect
September 21, 2016
The movie that made me start to take Leonardo DiCaprio seriously as an actor. Martin Scorsese definitely delivers on this one.
September 10, 2016
Sure it's a bit long there towards the end but Leo is such a compelling character in this, it's hard to complain.
September 8, 2016
I understand that Dicaprio was trying here, and I'm afraid he tried way too hard to act like Howard Hughe's! Even Kate Beckinsale was too over the top when she tried to be dramatic! The sets and cinematography were great though!
August 23, 2016
The Aviator looks at Howard Hughes take the skies and film to extreme levels
½ August 1, 2016
In my opinion The Aviator is a masterpiece of a film, I have always been a fan of Martin Scorsese and I honestly think this is his best film to date. The film tells the story of Howard Hughes film director of films such as Devils Angels and Scarface and airplane pilot with a big passion for airplanes and with that passion he creates one of the biggest airplanes in the world, however Hughes struggles a lot with OCD and it gets worse as the film goes on. Leonardo DiCaprio plays Howard Hughes and believe it or not DiCaprio gives his best performance ever here as Howard Hughes in fact I thought it was so good that he should have won the Academy Award for best actor in a leading role for this film. The Aviator has a number of shockingly great performances that are just as great as DiCaprio's such as Alec Baldwin, Adam Scott, Jude Law, John C. Reilly, Cate Blanchet, and Kate Beckinsale. Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio will forever be one of Hollywoods best duo (next to Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg), and they both do an absolutely magnificent job with The Aviator, I honestly feel that this is the best biographic film since A Beautiful Mind (2001). If you are a fan of both DiCaprio and Scorsese or just want a fast moving biography that still manages to be well acted than I recommend you give The Aviator a try, I can guarantee you will not be disappointed.
August 1, 2016
A worthwhile look into one of the most interesting people of the 20th century. DiCaprio is wonderful and the movie despite it's pacing issues leaves you wanting to know more about the subject. Howard Hughes could well have been the most interesting man in the world for a long time.