Babylon A.D. - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Babylon A.D. Reviews

March 20, 2017
Hilariously bad film & diabolically poor & lacklustre ending when compared to the set pieces that had gone before it. What is the point of the film? There is none.
½ February 4, 2017
This isn't as awful as you probably heard/read it was. Vin Diesel is gruff and believable. Michelle Yeoh is always good in a butt-kicking way. Mélanie Thierry is a bit much in the theatrics department but it grows on you. A straight-forward, dystopian future story line with plenty of action as well as some incidents that leave you scratching your head make it a bit choppy but overall I enjoyed it more than any Syfy channel movie which is what all the critics appear to believe it on par with.
½ January 1, 2017
This film has a great premise, intact with the right screen writer this could well be an action franchise.

Unfortunately Mathieu Kassovitz destroyed any hope of that, the executive who green lite this screen play needs to be fired if he hasn't already.

Poor script, poor acting, poor action sequences, poor everything.

Just when you thought they had finished with the film, they slap an extra 15 minutes on there.

Arguably Vin Diesel worst performance, he didn't even look like he was interested in this film.

The same with the other actors, all they saw were $ signs. A waste of money and a waste of time will I ever watch this a again, hell no.....
November 22, 2016
Not badscience fiction.
jamrcla
July 29, 2016
A wierd film abit hard to understand but got better during the last half hour, A few plot holes, Could of been way better shame it wasn't.
½ July 24, 2016
Pas sûr ! Deja comme acteur Vin est Bof, avec toutes ces répliques cliché et sa non-émotion ! Et que dire de la finale... Si on peut appeler ça une finale.
July 12, 2016
It was good to start but the end does not make sence at all. Left a big hole in the story.
June 27, 2016
This one had its flaws.  The story was quite underdeveloped but if you can get past that it's not super bad.  The cinematography is amazing.  I love sci-fi and I love seeing visions of the future especially future America which never seems to succumb to the rest of the world's problems in films.  So if you can ignore the plot holes then this is recommended.
½ June 20, 2016
In this action film, Vin Diesel plays a veteran-turned-mercenary who takes a job of escorting a woman from Russia to America but a cult thinks a secret she carries inside of her will bring a new Messiah to them. The effects in this were okay but that is about it. The action is decent at best but the cast, acting, script, and overall film was just bad.
½ May 30, 2016
Don't watch this movie, don't bother, as there is no reason to watch this movie, Vin Diesel disappoints,the script as well and so do the action scenes.
May 21, 2016
This movie is GOOD. It is NOT the BEST movie ever. But it is really under-rated. I am NOT a Vin Diesel fan. But with the right story, he carries it. And the Cinematography is also notable. You portably need an IQ above a house-plant to appreciate this movie. You do NOT need to LOVE this movie. But it is worth watching.
April 28, 2016
Worst movie I've ever seen.
February 5, 2016
Set in the future. Seemed rather confusing and hard to follow. They had some stunt scenes that were good but I don't think I'll be watching it again.
January 27, 2016
Good film. Especially when you watch it like for the third time because at first it does not make much of a sense. Like the style,script and the actual reason. It could be better. If it would it would be great but still it is very good sci fi. Do not know why so low score.
½ December 26, 2015
Kind of a mess, but has its moments.
December 17, 2015
I still have no idea what this is about. I feel like it tried to much to copy "the children of men". Barely anything worked, the action scenes were terrible the dialogue was even worse. Wouldn't recommend this at all.
November 7, 2015
This was a good movie if you followed the story line. I don't know why the critics were so hard on this movie when the general public appears to have enjoyed this movie. I think that the critics at Rotten Tomatoes movie review are wrong 75% of e time. I think you should wait to see what the over general populations reactions are before you so called movie critics spew of at the mouth about a movie.
October 5, 2015
Wish I'd read the reviews before watching. A story that goes nowhere, a lack of substance, characters you don't care about, a waste of time.
September 1, 2015
I've watched it three times. That must mean that I liked it or there wasn't anything on that was more tempting. I haven't bought it yet.