Bad Boys II - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bad Boys II Reviews

½ June 19, 2018
Some people seemed to have expected an intellectually engaging buddy-cop sequel. Do they also go to McDonald's and ask for filet mignon? It is a wildly entertaining, action packed movie complete with Michael Bay's love of explosions. The directing and the sound editing are particularly good. The camera work augments the drama. And the plot is carried out enough that feels like a story. It is a perfect weekend movie.
April 18, 2018
Better than original movie, but both are awesome funny and action packed
½ April 1, 2018
Hmm, yeah not too good.
March 30, 2018
Ride together we die together bad boys for life. Amazing must watch better than the first and really funny
January 29, 2018
Overblown, over-produced, mean-spirited hot garbage.
½ November 15, 2017
Actions are still acceptable, and the part with Marcus swallowed ecstasy was really funny.
½ November 14, 2017
more than disappointing sequel. They took out a lot of sense and put in a lot more explosions and dumb story. Huge plot lines are never resolved, characters seem to disappear in the middle of the movie, and the story seems to get more ridiculous (and longer) as it goes along. (let's go to Cuba!) After it's done, you'll be going "What?" and somewhat amusingly shaking your head.
½ November 12, 2017
I really think only Michael Bay fans can like this . . .
August 4, 2017
Lots of chases and explosions and crazy action and gore and funny stuff. I can't wait for the third one coming soon
July 1, 2017
(5 out of 6 stars)
N/A
½ June 16, 2017
Un sequel che riprende ciò che aveva iniziato e lo ripropone al quadrato, con esplosioni e scene d'azione interminabili. Ormai sono pochi i film di Michael Bay che mi mancano, e mi sembra sempre di ripetere le stesse cose: come tante altre sue pellicole, "Bad Boys 2" è apprezzabile solo dal punto di vista visivo, a cervello spento. Questo implica una sceneggiatura terribilmente scontata, che ormai sembra essere il cavallo di battaglia del regista. Gli inseguimenti sono diretti e coreografati come si deve, anche se il montaggio troppo frenetico ne rovina il risultato finale. Rispetto al primo film è stato fatto un lieve passo in avanti, proprio perché si sono concentrati su quello che sanno fare meglio, esplosioni e inseguimenti per due ore e mezza.
May 19, 2017
Any guilty fun this movie provided is far outweighed by the dumb script, nauseating action sequences, and ridiculous two and a half hour run time.
March 20, 2017
In the early days of Bay's career, films such as 'Bad Boys', 'The Rock' and 'Armageddon' were of course "leave-your-brain-at-the-door, testosterone packed" action flicks - but they still had charm that made them bearable. These days Bay just makes films that are god awful. This is probably the worst of them (or at least, the worst that I've seen or care to remember), and that's a shame because the original was actually quite good. Whether or not it deserved or needed a sequel is questionable.
Smith & Lawrence's chemistry has evaporated over the years revealing exactly how much talent they have (i.e. none) and everything Bay has done in this film opens alot up for scrutiny.
½ February 25, 2017
There's a moment when I realized that Bad Boys II is not so much as a film, as more of a pastiche. It almost delves into parody, maybe during the second car chase when dead bodies are thrown at our heroes. The movie bloated, loud, and probably shown to the masses in North Korea to show American excess. It has very little entertainment value, and it goes to show the difference between a 23 million dollar budget and a 130 million dollar budget, and how it can completely and utterly wasted.
February 22, 2017
There ain't too many movies with the action, thriller and comedy that this movie has. I can't get enough of it!!
January 28, 2017
Basically the cliche Michael Bay movie. Tons of explosions and car chases that never amount to anything.
January 27, 2017
A disappointment as I enjoyed the first movie. A bad sequel that is poorly acted and poorly written. Unbelievably long too considering how boring it was. (First and only viewing - In my early twenties)
½ January 4, 2017
It was fun at first, but now, it's just too stupid for its own good!
December 6, 2016
Upon re-watch in 2016, I found that it is miles above most action spectacles produced today. It was enjoyable the entire time. Although, beware of Bay's now signature racism, sexism, and all around creepiness. Aside from that, this movie is an action treat. It's worth a re-watch.