Bad Boys II - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bad Boys II Reviews

½ July 6, 2016
The sequel that sometimes gets bogged down in its spectacle and averting of certain stereotypes (think the audio/video store scene). But all in all, it offers some genuine thrills and fantastic comedic timing from its leads.
July 1, 2016
A pale shadow of the awesome original.
June 25, 2016
Worse Than I Thought It would even turn to be,
This is one of the worst Will Smith films i have ever seen to lebrace my screen, I Just Love Making Words Up! And Now... The Climax of this film is not the best i ever saw and the acting was somehow good but their humour isn't funny, I feel very very bad for Will Smith, I just can't believe i saw a terrible film with one of my favourite actors, Fuck You Michael Bay!

Grade: D+
June 20, 2016
Pretty decent follow up to the original, although not nearly as good. Gabrielle Union was a good addition to the cast from the first film playing Lawrence's sister. The addition of this character added a layer of conflict/drama to the script. Most have said and I tend to agree with them that this film is about 15-30min too long. Toward the end it does seem to get sluggish and drag out a bit. Still not a horrible film and after so many years of fans wanting a sequel, it held its ground.
June 7, 2016
Great film! Very funny and a lot of great action. Only flaw is its about 30/40 minutes to long!
May 1, 2016
Another Michael Bay movie that overstays its welcome. It starts off okay enough but Michael Bay movies require you to turn off your brain. It is impossible (without dying) to turn off your brain for the length of a Michael Bay film. You would forget how to breathe.

Gabrielle Union delivers lines woodenly. Will Smith has zero charisma. At least Martin Lawrence plays a decent fool. Actually laughed at some of the "accidental Ecstasy", the part where Martin Lawrence realizes how soft Will Smith's shirt was. The rest....well.

The movie is fun enough action, just goes on too long. One thing I do credit with Michael Bay films is that all the ridiculousness in this world then makes it seem very normal. You believe that this is some alternate universe where cops causing mass destruction and property damage is equal to getting a write up at a retail store. That's the only possible reason why the two most incompetent cops in the world still have jobs.

Also, fun note, whether intentional or not, Michael Bay just showed us how ridiculous the War on Drugs was. The most deaths caused by Ecstasy was one (guy who ODed at a club, who was then dumped in the streets).

Deaths caused by Will Smith and Martin Lawrence? Pretty much EVERY OTHER DEATH is caused by their or their department's mistakes.
April 24, 2016
I can't stop watching this movie!
April 13, 2016
This is a cult film for me. I really enjoyed Bad Boys 1 & 2. Can't wait for 3!
April 2, 2016
This movie in my opinion is better than the first! Definetly worth a watch!
½ March 16, 2016
If you know what you're getting yourself into, it is pretty entertaining. Yes its too long, and yes a lot of the humor doesn't work. Essentially everything Michael Bay always does wrong is in this movie. However, if you enjoy his style of silly action comedies, you will enjoy this movie. It's not Oscar worthy or anything, but it does its job of being entertaining. It's not better or worse than the first. The movie is an entertaining ride that isn't meant to be taken seriously whatsoever.
February 27, 2016
Yes Nick Frost I have seen Bad Boys 2.
½ February 26, 2016
Hater critics I tell you smh! Most sequels are a major let down but for sure it's not in this movie's DNA! Excellent movie with a terrific plot, comedy, drama, and explosive action that will keep you on the edge of your seats begging for more!
½ February 6, 2016
Great film that had one of the best car chases I've ever seen in a film, Great entertaining action movie, Will Smith and Martin Lawrence were again brilliant together.
½ February 3, 2016
This the precursor to the abomination that is the Transformers Franchise!!! >:(
½ February 3, 2016
It was fun at first, but now, it's just too stupid for its own good!
January 30, 2016
8 years later and peoples baby's are considering baby's,"Lovely!" While, not if it's up to Marcus Burnett. On to the X, and a vicious turf war. While a love triangle should be the least of objectives, at least you'd think..... #waitingon3rds
January 18, 2016
This film should have at least 60%
January 16, 2016
Was tolerable until the final act when Michael Bay went insane with the action, just as mind numbing as the later Transformers films.
January 14, 2016
1/13/2016: An excellent movie. A great cast with plenty of action and humor.
½ January 13, 2016
less fun will smith movie.