Bad Santa 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bad Santa 2 Reviews

August 19, 2017
Was ok first one better
August 12, 2017
I just felt embarrassed for Kathy Bates. Well, almost everyone actually. Having said that, the movie was not completely disastrously horrible. Thumbs down for sure but Billy-Bob actually kept it reigned in somehow. It could have been a complete scattergun lame-fest of obvious jokes and misfiring shock-humor, but BB elevated it to a level of just-kinda-generally-weak. I liked the first Bad Santa and this makes me wonder to what extent I have over-rated it, but whatever. That is another issue for another time. 4.1 out of 10 here.
½ August 12, 2017
Not as good as the prequel. The cast was bad and the plot was not different from the prequel. Not as funny as the prequel.
August 12, 2017
this sequel teel the relation between willy and his mother and christina hendricks is hot in this movie
August 6, 2017
Love this movie just as good as the first one if not better, had me laughing throughout the entire thing.
½ August 6, 2017
First half captures dark humor of original film. Second half is vacuous garbage.
August 6, 2017
Much worse than the first installment. I hope they don't try to make a third one. They should have stopped after the first one. The Kathy Bates character was too much for me. I didn't like this movie.
½ August 5, 2017
A bland, boring, and cringeworthy sequel that will make you question why you even liked the original film in the first place. Bad Santa 2 is a retread of the first film in a lot of ways, only without any of the wit, charm, and originality. It ends with the main character learning literally nothing, and still being the same mess he was at the beginning, making the films entire story meaningless. Even the credits sequence is awful, it's just pictures of him putting his testicles on his friends face. Sound cringey? That's because it certainly is. Do yourself a favor, Watch the far superior original, and forget this even existed.
½ July 31, 2017
The first movie was hilarious, one of those adult type of Christmas movies you can watch every year. Bad Santa 2 had some funny moments but they were not as funny as the first one. Also, I felt the Thurman Murman kid didn't quite fit well in this movie. It was cool to see him grown up but there was something missing about the character. It's not a bad movie but it's not as good as the first one. 2.5/5 OR 5/10
July 31, 2017
Bad Santa was one of those great films that came out of left field and Thornton was expertly cast. This film is repetitive and lacks any of the quality of the first film, much like the Dumb and Dumber sequel did. The rehash of tired setups and the unusual story leads to nothing, I couldn't believe that the filmmakings thought this was enough to push through a belated sequel. Thornton is not the problem here and seems like the only actor giving a performance, Bates is good but nothing special. The beats are all over the place and Thornton being cynical and caring was done on the first film, gaining a heart was done already. If you've seen the first, avoid this tired attempt at making a few dollars on the name of a superior first film. Boring, tired and poorly directed film deserved a better sequel than this. 30-07-2017.
July 29, 2017
Not bad. A watchable sequel with some laughs and charm.
½ July 29, 2017
Seriously what is the point of making this movie??? It's just a bunch of wrong words and story. It's not even funny you can guess what he's going to do! Move on!
½ July 22, 2017
This movie is just cheap load of garbage, no story, just bad language and tasteless boring antics. Just a movie for brain dead losers or young punks to too stupid to understand real humour. No I didn't watch it to the end I think I would have hung myself with boredom however I wish he had hung himself in the movie and done everyone a favour.
July 21, 2017
Loved Bad Santa, but Bad Santa 2 was just ok. It was what you'd expect with the same raunchy humor. Didn't like it or dislike it.
½ July 18, 2017
Bad Santa was a surprise hit, because the cast and film delivered a lot of unexpected humor. Unfortunately, reuniting much of the original cast with a rehashed plot and jokes from the first film shows lightning really doesn't strike twice in the same place.
½ July 18, 2017
I only laughed like 2 times.
July 17, 2017
America has screwed this rating up. Its deplorable and hilarious just like the first.
July 15, 2017
Christmas classic...am I being serious?
July 15, 2017
The first one was Horrible not even gonna watch this one. This is one of those waste of film movies for someone who's easily entertained by Stupid crap! Just my opinion.
July 14, 2017
WOW! This movie is really coarse and foul. In fact, I think my ears are still bleeding. This isn't very funny as it has no heart. It's just a mean spirited film that tries to hard. It has a moment or two, but mostly it just comes across very anti Christmas. Thank God it didn't do that well, so hopefully there won't be a #3.