Balto - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Balto Reviews

April 1, 2017
Very underappreciated movie
½ March 30, 2017
very underrated animated feature!
March 26, 2017
This is an excellent and enjoyable children's movie. As a medical student, I love seeing such an important issue, access to medical care in rural communities, come up in this inspiring movie. What better way to initiate a conversation with your kids. Highly recommend. Plus, the animals are cute.
½ March 24, 2017
Talking dogs, what do you expect?
March 4, 2017
In my opinion the best movie of all time
February 10, 2017
i grew up watching this film over and over again when I was little so it's hard to not like the film even thought it has it's fair share of problems.
October 11, 2016
Balto is probably the most, if not then one of the most, underrated childrens' flicks out there! Even as a twenty-two year-old adult, I can admire this film for what it does right. Balto, unfortunately, was not actually part wolf, but a Siberian husky inside and out. However, adding that aspet into the movie wasn't a complete bust. Also, I loved a lot of the characters in this film; that's right, even the polar bears got a chuckle out of me here and there, that and the way their fur is designed is very unique. The romance between Balto and Jenna is simple, but still likable. The animation on the backgrounds, FANTASTIC! This is easily one of the most beautifully hand-drawn, 90s films out there! Now, some of the human designs are a tad corny, but they didn't distract all to much.
Overall, Balto is thrilling, exciting, and will keep your kids and possibly even yourself entertained from beginning to end! -Thank you, Balto. We would have been lost without you.
-Sincerely, Gabby Smith
½ September 17, 2016
This is an enjoyable film, unfortunately is can hardly be called a fact-based story. There's about as much fact in this film as there are peaches in peach tea. Balto led a team of dogs (which has been debated ), that ended up being the final team in a relay of about 20 mushers. Only doing so by bypassing a fresh, rested team. He was neutered at six months old, so had no "sequels". He was also not a wolfdog.

There's embellishing a story, and there's laying linoleum over marble. The true story is so much more amazing.
July 22, 2016
Two Thumbs Up Siskel And Ebert
½ July 12, 2016
Another fun and heartwarming story for all to see and hear! I do not recall any continuity of this animated film being lost. The animation is delicate. However, some of the color mixtures were not surprising with the brief bear attacking sequence. The body of the predator seem really dark than little lighter. Most audiences would feel proud seeing how the characteristics of a husky or any breeds are in animation compared in real life. It may have them smile or smile and have a tear jerk down on their faces after seeing how courageous the tale was told about the sled dog that changed mankind throughout history.
July 7, 2016
A very enjoyable family movie.
June 8, 2016
Even tho I watched this multiple times, ha I'm pretty much a joke in public. But watching this movie help me get through hard times in life for a example learning to believe in peace and learning to know what is right. (Well sometimes my other side takes over my body.) But also I'm a outcast myself but am I trying to change it no I like being who I'm. This movie will always be close to my heart and i will never forget no matter what. Even the couples remind me that stuff do get hard in life and I'll have to deal with it.
March 21, 2016
Sentimientos encontrados: buena adaptación, un clásico indiscutible, trasmitida por muchos canales y recordada por todos. Contraparte: el tema gráfico, sus dibujos como tal: carecen de carácter artístico y no tienen la grandeza que otros aspectos del mismo film.
February 18, 2016
This is a good movie to watch I like the scenery and where it takes place in Alaska the movie characters where good in this movie. And there was funny parts in this movie. Kids will like this movie!! I like this movie!!
January 20, 2016
Based on a true story actually. I really enjoyed it. I saw it may times as a kid. It had its stupid moments, it's funny moments, its dangerous scary moments, its emotion moments, and its heroic moments. Dog's are not my thing (especially talking ones) but I liked it. Fairly cliche but it's mostly made for kids.
December 19, 2015
very beautiful and entertaining film that should be seen by anyone, deserves a much higher note
½ December 4, 2015
I really dont understand why so a low rating, but this movie is emotional anf ufn at the same time, perfect for kids to see... *Remembers childhood*
August 17, 2015
awsome true dog tail movie
July 4, 2015
This passable family adventure would fit nicely during Disney?s post-Walt phase in the 70s and 80s, being a sweet and quiet little animated movie, with comforting and skillful artwork yet hindered by lackluster character and plot complexity. Will easily amuse parents and mesmerize their little ones.
½ June 29, 2015
Inoffensive and emotionally resonant, though at times cheesy and bland.