Barnyard - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Barnyard Reviews

½ May 13, 2017
Barnyard is a generic, unfunny and badly animated film that doesn't deserve to get it's own series
Why?
Becuase this movie does not only get The Burning Medallion Of Badness but a place in my list of the worst movies of all time.
Story:3|10
Visuals:2|10
Characters:2|10
Overall:2.1|10.
February 19, 2017
To put it simply, Barnyard is bland, annoying and a tonal mess!
½ February 13, 2017
Barnyard is an embarrassment to the animation industry.
½ January 24, 2017
I can't technically say this is a good movie, but it's a sort-a-guilty pleasure. I do actually kind of respect this film, probably because Steve Odekerk seems like a enthusiastic director who put a lot of love and passion into this film.
January 18, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 7, 2016
WHY ARE THERE COWS IN MY BIGGIE CHEESE MOVIE!!!!!!
November 24, 2016
Barnyard is a beutiful masterpece brnging developed and beloved charcterss like Biggie cheese and Banjo Kazooie. The sotry is orignal and deserves an oscr for best soundtract. 10/10 would wacth again for rest of mt life. Sold house to buy more ccopies of movie. Wife and kids have left me, doesn' matter. Barnyard is a good movie.
October 18, 2016
Good way to pilot the series
½ September 25, 2016
a fun movie to watch
August 26, 2016
the best film I have ever seen, the new Citizen Kane.
½ August 13, 2016
Let's get this review started! Now, I'm no biology expert, but I am a film fan, and I saw this movie ten years ago at a drive-in, and it's still fun, but I do notice a flaw or two! Anyway, Barnyard opens up with a nice, country vibe song playing, establishing the tone and setting. We meet the farmer (Fred Tatasciore) tending to his farm (which he seems to do little throughout), and when he heads out to the fields, the animals start walking and talking. It's not like other movies where we're just perceiving their communications in a way we can understand, they are literally walking and talking, and apparently have to keep it a secret, which would make perfect sense considering the ramifications this would imply. If you suspend your disbelief (in a big way), you will enjoy this movie more, just letting you know, there are minor things like a seemingly negligent farmer, and cows that are male and not bulls (research bovine biology on your own time). Quite simply, remember these points: it is a universe where animals can walk and talk like us, but choose to keep it secret, and also, this is aimed at kids! It's not as smart as Pixar, and it doesn't have to be. When you let go, you'll enjoy a story about how Otis (Kevin James) must take charge when his adoptive father (Sam Elliot) is no longer able to lead the barnyard animals in their secret lives of walking, talking, and partying. The animation is a little more cartoonish than other studios, but there's still some ultra-realistic fur on the coyotes like Dag (David Koechner), which makes them look like the imposing threat they are to Otis and his friends, from Pip the mouse (Jeff Garcia), Freddy the weasel (Cam Clarke), Pip the rooster (Rob Paulsen), and Pig (Tino Insana). While each of them gets a fun moment, and every barn animal under the barn roof is given a moment, the real focus is Otis, and they all come off as one-dimensional. The character development is poor, but you will like Otis. All of this moves at a pace that will stay in a child's attention span, and give adults something quick and fun (if you watched this growing up), or outright confusing if you don't think too deeply about it. If you want something to take your mind off of that, try using the soundtrack, which has hits like Boombastic and several other songs, mostly with country vibes, with a score done by John Debney, conveying the appropriate emotions, and being there when the story needs it (Like Otis' dad for the farm). Barnyard is not the kind of movie with deep, subtle references, but it is a fun flick that will amuse children and adults who grew up with it or are willing to overlook some biological inaccuracies (if you think Otis should have been a bull, explain how you'd have made this movie with biological accuracy); nice soundtrack with lots of cool songs, acceptable animation, a linear plot, a relatable protagonist with under-developed sidekicks, and lots of humor derived from animals being animals with the ability to walk and talk like us humans, whether sheep follow like sheep, dogs chase the ball, etc. It's a fine, compelling-enough Nickelodeon movie.
July 13, 2016
When I saw this movie I was laughing so much with good humor and a good Comity!! And what makes this movie funny is that Otis is a mail cow and he has Udders. But female cows have udders. Not mail cows so that's what it makes it funny! And Otis walks on 2 legs so he is not a normal how he is pretty goofy and likes to play around!! So that's funny!! Otis is my favorite character!! The music in this movie is great to hear and listen to. See this funny movie!
½ June 27, 2016
Barnyard is great and hilarious. Barnyard is another great Nickelodeon movie. This movie has a great plot. I would very much suggest this movie.
½ June 24, 2016
Pretty Good but not funny in any means. Just mediocre at best. But I gotta love this movie's attempt at its Anthropomorphic animals trying to survive in their adventure/s a great part of the movie.
½ May 10, 2016
It has one moment I did get invested, but Barnyard lacks everything that makes animated films smart.
½ February 10, 2016
Another talking animal film that doesn't bring anything new to the table besides it's strange brand of humor. I enjoyed it and it's slightly edgier than most animated movies but at the same time it can feel very childish. It's a strange blend but it does somewhat work but it isn't nothing special.
½ February 6, 2016
Funny and morally pleasing, but creatively dissapointing. Barnyard offers the laughs and life lessons, but it's flat characterization and been there done that script won't exactly leave the audience mooing for seconds.
January 23, 2016
This movie is not bad it has a good heart and Some decent animation on the animals. But there is a lot of problems that the movie needed to fix
½ January 16, 2016
Some laughs, but mediocre at best
EpicLadySponge
December 18, 2015
I can't be the only one who enjoyed the movie.