Yellow Submarine - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Yellow Submarine Reviews

November 18, 2016
Yellow Submarine is a jubilant, imaginative concoction of psychedelic animation and a classic Beatles soundtrack.
November 14, 2016
It's colorful, it's beautiful and it's hilarious, a delightful movie with a cheerful soundtrack and captivating story.
November 1, 2016
This movie, simply put, is an amazing must watch psychadelic journey through Beatles music and wonderfully creative animation that draws the viewer in, it's a must watch classic
October 26, 2016
A psychedelically imaginative animated musical so inventively mad and unusual, it makes the Looney Tunes look tame.
½ September 28, 2016
Colourful coherency.
August 21, 2016
Beautiful pop art style animation mixed with the music of the Beatles? Sounds like the perfect combination to me.
August 16, 2016
Amazing movie with great songs and funny dialogue!!
½ July 30, 2016
A guilty pleasure of mine and part of my childhood
July 11, 2016
The Beatles' Movie '' Yellow Submarine '' is a Beautiful Movie that brings us to a whole new level of animation
March 30, 2016
Beautiful, trippy and deep.
February 3, 2016
A crazy psychedelic cartoon straight out of the 60s with a great beatles soundtrack. The film stars the fab four on voyage to pepperland in a yellow submarine to rescue the locals from the evil blue meanies. This was a stunning piece of colourful animation that has stood the test of time, a great trippy film. The beatles did not provide the voices, however they did have a certain cameo at one point.
½ February 2, 2016
Yellow Submarine has often garish, but still very good and artistic animation, some scenes are very intriguing, the songs are pretty good and the world building in particular is its strongest asset, but the plot is not that great, the characters aren't that well developed and the film is too pretentious and frankly boring to be enjoyed more.
January 31, 2016
An amazing movie for its time, and still great today. Awesome music and animation.
January 24, 2016
I Do Not LIKE movies
December 24, 2015
Whimsy, Beatles songs, light comedy, a mishmashed variety of colorful animation, child-like wonderment, Blue Meanies, a touch of melancholy, and kaleidoscope eyes for all ages.
There may be some underlying meanings and possible political statements, but its a Beatles cartoon movie that's entertaining and dazzling to watch.
½ November 2, 2015
Its a psychedelic acid trip through weird animation starring the Beatles, but it doesn't mean its good. They don't even pick some of the best songs to perform, and the story just goes nowhere at the end. Its a neat experimental film, but I'd never watch it again.
½ August 11, 2015
Are you feeling high? If you are don't fear. It's just the crazy and groovy animation. It's witty and cute. The songs fit perfectly into the small part and humor flows perfectly. A-
½ August 3, 2015
Because of the combined love for and brilliance of The Beatles, this is a joy. But it's incredibly difficult to sit through. It features occasional moments of Python-esque greatness, particularly present in Help and Hard Days Night, but overall the action is hard to follow. The songs save it, as does the final appearance of all four lads in the flesh at the end.
June 30, 2015
I love animation, and I love The Beatles. Together, they're like Peanut Butter and Jelly. It's just a beautiful experience. The whole film captures the spirit of the entire band, and what they stood for. Love is all you need.
June 18, 2015
The movie has a very unusual point to it, but I love the animation and the characters. Definitely a great movie for Beatles fans!