Beatriz at Dinner - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Beatriz at Dinner Reviews

September 21, 2017
The ending leaves a lot to be desired but Hayek's low key performance is great.
September 21, 2017
Oddball flick has some clever dialogue. B-
½ September 17, 2017
Un papel a medida de Salma, muestra muy bien la realidad social de US. Me identifico en muchas cosas pero no con el deseo de venganza lol.
September 17, 2017
Lives this movie. It really made me think and question my own morals and beliefs and question society views and I took this movie to heart. I think the message of this movie moved me to the core, as I am a nurse, and I loved Selma! Imagine a world where people
Challenged and questioned and stood up against peer pressure to voice opinions that matter. Imagine a world where the rich didn't get richer
From the poor/middle class sacrifice.
September 16, 2017
Good cast boring, bizarre, depressing movie! I don't recommend it!
½ September 16, 2017
it's well written, acted, and has something to say, but it is something we have heard many times before...and done better. still, Hayek and Lithgow make admirable verbal sparring foes
½ September 16, 2017
Slow and terrible ending. Totally flat.
September 14, 2017
I love what this movie wanted to do but, for me, it didn't achieve it's goal.

It seemed like it wanted to make a case for how we can direct evil in the world through Salma Hayek's character, Beatriz. But, at the end of the movie, I was left feeling the same as when I went into it. I wasn't any more inspired to change the world. Maybe it's because I'm already inspired enough, but I doubt it.

I think the problem with the movie is that it tries to direct too much evil in too tight a setting (a dinner party). Pollution. Pessimism. Hedonism. Greed. Racism. Killing for sport. Urban sprawl. Little doses of evil are offered throughout the movie (mainly through John Lithgow's character) but it's too much to swallow for Beatriz, let alone any real person.

All this results in Beatriz's suicide at the end? Is this her answer for directing evil in the world? This doesn't inspire much hope for those on the side of good vs. evil. If the goal of the movie was to show that evil is a weed that can't be uprooted, then mission accomplished. But what a hopeless goal.

All this said, Connie Britton's character helps gives us good people a sobering sense of how we look when we drink with the enemy and act passively in its presence.
September 12, 2017
Vomit on top of vomit. Not a comedy but more Hollywood BS. I should have changed my major, lowered my standards and went to Hollywood.
September 10, 2017
Some good acting but like a fancy meal that leaves you unsatisfied in the end.
½ September 10, 2017
Quick dialogue and interesting character dynamics help overcome a non-cinematic film and on-the-nose antagonist in Beatriz at Dinner.
September 9, 2017
Incredible film, great script, as a simple dialogue is enough to make us aware of what we are doing wrong in the world.
September 5, 2017
This movie was filmed beautifully and had a great cast. It made me very uncomfortable at some points, watching two polar opposites go head to head with one another - and also one of the opponents seems to have very similar traits to our current US president & it shows the anxiety he can create with some of his opinions, considering his power (politically/financially). It's kind of depressing to watch.
September 4, 2017
A beautiful little film which delivers a stinging message. Selma Hyeck and John Lithgow offer up some intelligent antagonism as two sides of a coin. He the problem and she the solution in the age old battle of man versus nature. Attractively shot and expertly directed this dinner party drama boasts a truly pleasing menu.
September 4, 2017
The trailer and poster are very misleading. This was not the movie that I wanted to watch. A complete WTF of a movie.
½ September 3, 2017
I'm sure it could've been better. Beatriz annoyed the hell out of me! She was a condescending BITCH! Highly inappropriate. I fast-forwarded through most of it.
September 2, 2017
An interesting movie, until the end...WTH?
September 1, 2017
Plain as distilled water although there was a message. Luckily it had not gone too far spreading the idea that killing some ruthless real estate developer would slow down the death of our world.