Bedtime Stories - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bedtime Stories Reviews

July 31, 2017
Adam Sandler is so great. He has heart in every role even if they are not the best written. I wish he was not best friends with Rob Schneider - that guy is just so annoying!
½ July 20, 2017
Basic Adam Sandler film in a kiddie form.
July 18, 2017
Adam Sandlers last decent movie. I hope he starts making better films cuz I miss the times when I was excited when he came out with new ones.
½ June 26, 2017
Pretty decent for a kids movie with Adam Sandler
May 25, 2017
Adam Sandler is funny in this movie he makes me laugh in this movie.
April 7, 2017
Disney and Adam Sandler join forces to produce a very sweet and entertaining movie with creative storytelling. I really liked it! (First viewing - 12/31/2008 in theaters)
April 1, 2017
The premise is very interesting and some families might enjoy this movie but those are the only positive things I can say about this cheesy Adam Sandler movie.
March 9, 2017
The School-Boy Bachelor Humor Just Doesn't Work For What I Thought Would Be A G-Rated Kid-Friendly Disney Romp. I Found Russell Brand & Even Rob Schnider Funnier, Exemplifying Over-The-Top Characters Juuuust Right. Sander Appears Bored & Frustrated At Times, Maybe It's The Fact That This Fantasy-Story-Into-Reality Thing Has Been Done Before, & In Much Better Fashion...
December 6, 2016
I feel bad for Adam Sandler in this movie so I'll give it twice as many stars as it gave me laughs.
November 21, 2016
This movie is just Adam Sandler being Adam Sandler. In other words, IT'S BAD! The story doesn't make sense, and the jokes weren't funny.
½ November 6, 2016
It's a fun idea, but Bedtime Stories doesn't seem to know what to do with it and Sandler is on autopilot.
September 16, 2016
A movie you can watch with your child 6+ entertaining for him and not suicidal for you.
½ September 10, 2016
Watched this with my fiance. She loves children's movies. Definitely not saying I've grown up, but I generally avoid kiddie films. This was no sillier than any other Adam Sandler movie of the last 15 years despite having several fantastical stories dreamed up by two kids and Sandler's usual laid back, wise assed but well meaning character. I surprised myself by liking this. It's not laugh out loud funny but I caught myself smiling through most of it. The language and dick jokes have been cleaned up compared to Sandler's usual output although it managed to squeeze out a fart joke. Fine by me, I'm as low brow as they come. An enjoyable, good hearted film for all ages.
September 9, 2016
Ah yeah, I remember seeing the trailer back in 2008 and wanting to see it. 8 years later, through the magic that is the internet, I finally got my wish. And I gotta say, for a film collaboration between one of the best film industries in the world (Disney) and one of the worst (Happy Masion), it's... nice. I mean, it loses some points for Skeeter being kind of an assh- oh wait, this is a Disney movie, I mean, jerk in the beginning, Rob Schneider making three cameos, it being hardly the greatest movie ever and throwing all logic out the window in the climax (then again, this IS a Disney movie, so that goes without saying), but as far as children movies go, it's not bad. it does its job fine and kids will be entertained by it, and maybe some adults will get a chuckle or two out of it (I know I did). Besides, considering the main actor and his company's record, it could've been worse.
jamrcla
½ July 30, 2016
Good but a little silly but at least it's different to what Adam usually does and the kids will love it too.
July 25, 2016
Adam Sandler Doesn't deserve to be in a disney movie,
It makes a disney movie absolutely shit!
This Also Had Russell Brand who is bad enough...
One good thing about this movie is this didn't have rob Schneider.

Score: 2.5/10
July 21, 2016
this movie might not be so funny now but it's meant for kids and I loved it as a kid
½ June 27, 2016
For this Disney movie Russell Brand's humor is (if we can compare it to salsa) mild and not fiery hot.  Adam Sandler is given a tremendous supporting cast in this flick which consists of Keri Russell, Russell Brand, (Hot) Lucy Lawless and Courtney Cox-Arquette
and I think they are what add to the humor.  This movie was funny and not too laden with the wholesomeness Disney usually shoves down our throat.  In the end I recommend this one.
½ June 8, 2016
Adam Sandler fails to Disneyify himself by giving a film with his awkward humor and a good premise wasted.
May 28, 2016
While the idea sounds really good for a kids movie, it fails to use that idea smartly, and all you are left with is a badly paced movie, and a not-so-great story.