Beethoven's 2nd - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Beethoven's 2nd Reviews

August 1, 2015
If i'm honest I am quite disappointed with this sequel to a decent family film. I think this film is mad with dogs. I don't see the point of the puppies just Beethoven and Missy would be fine. At one point we were told that the Puppies fell ill and they had to be given medicine 68 times a day. As if that would really happen. I think this film is quite lucky to have the score it got. I thought a sequel wasn't a bad idea but they could have done better with this film but at the end of they day it's pretty much a load of dogs. These types of family films tend to get boring.
½ April 27, 2015
If the cast from the first film were not in this movie, it would have not worked at all, and would be on my DO NOT WATCH LIST, even as a kid.
March 29, 2015
Cute but less effective retread.
½ January 17, 2015
Another stupid dog movie, just stop making them.
October 30, 2014
Nowhere as near as amazing as the first, but still very enjoyable despite the dodgy 3rd act.
½ August 29, 2014
Beethoven falls for another St. Bernard. And they have puppies together, but Beethoven's girlfriend's master wants the puppies. The kids take the puppies without her permission. And she stalks the family to get the puppies. The family goes on a vacation. The children all learn morals of life. The parents fall in love again. And Beethoven cries over his girlfriend. And the woman happens to bump into them again. I mean, how more silly can you get? What are these family's chances of having to save their dog once again? We'll never know until the third one.
August 22, 2014
I actually really enjoy this movie. Despite the fact that the script is pretty terrible and has tons of holes--way more than the first--the villains motives are way clearer and logical, and this followup has some nice overlaying themes.

Love is in the air in Beethoven's 2nd and there are hints of it all over this film and in all sorts of different ways. Ryce is torn between two guys, Beethoven finds a misses and has puppies, Missy's owner is going through a divorce, and Mr. and Mrs. Newton's love endures through all of their financial difficulties.

But just like the first film, there is no character depth and even less development and growth. There is no threatening drama within the family besides the fact that the kids are hiding puppies. But that gets resolved swiftly within the first half of the movie. The pacing moves nicely through this film and the balance between the main plot and the subplots were smoother and less uneven than its predecessor.

My favorite parts of this film besides the puppies were the scenes filmed in Glacier National Park. The scenery is beautiful and lush. And the scenes at the fair are going to be loved by any kid watching this film.

Although the script poses tons of questions in this silly and unrealistic movie, Beethoven's 2nd is entertaining and laughably enjoyable. Toss in Chris Penn and it up the ante. I would definitely watch this again.

Twizard Rating: 81
August 4, 2014
(First viewing - Childhood)
½ July 5, 2014
The First One Was Better.C+
March 2, 2014
Dogs fall in love. An overly schmaltzy and anthropomorphic sequel. Any goodwill left over from the original evaporates fairly quickly.
February 22, 2014
A heartwarming sequel.Amazing.
½ February 21, 2014
Charles Grodin collects a paycheck at a time when his career probably needed it. It's a rehash of the first movie, only with more canines.
½ July 2, 2013
of course he won't love and thus had puppies, but at least they don't talk.
April 21, 2013
Actually quite good!
½ February 28, 2013
Amo a beethoven! película de los 90 amada
December 7, 2012
A few flaws but otherwise enjoyable movie, may be boring moments but only fleeting ones.
½ November 29, 2012
Cannot understand why more folks didn't like this movie. It's always been near and dear to me.
½ November 21, 2012
Just okay, the cute puppies make the viewing worth while. Glad to see they didn't recast anyone!
½ October 31, 2012
Unless you love dogs, you'll hate this awful sequel.