Beethoven's 2nd - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Beethoven's 2nd Reviews

February 17, 2017
Much like the original, it doesn't hold up as when as it did when I was a kid, but it still does all right. In some ways it might be better than the original. It has a few more laughs. Takes what worked in the first movie and brings it to the next level. At the same time it feels like it's missing something the original had. It's a problem that seemed to affect Home Alone 2 and Hangover 2 in much the same way.
½ February 16, 2017
On ne devrait jamais revoir les films de son enfance. Beethoven 2 en fait partie et c'est assez terrible de voir à quel point le film de Rod Daniel est absurdement insignifiant. Il n'y a rien de bien insupportable dans cette copie éhontée des 101 Dalmatiens, mais hormis un concours de burgers plutôt drôle et un duo de méchants joués par Debi Mazar et Chris Penn (et un petit cameo de Kevin Dunn), il n'y a rien à se mettre sous la dent. De la musique aux autres interprétations, en passant par un script qui tire en longueur même à 1h24, mis en image par un type totalement désintéressé, Beethoven 2 est heureusement le dernier sorti en salles de la saga.
½ February 2, 2017
It's good movie to watch
February 2, 2017
Another fun family affair. This time it is a larger family with Beethoven's puppies. It's still entertaining with plenty of charm. (First viewing - Childhood)
January 15, 2017
Beethoven has done it again!
August 1, 2015
If i'm honest I am quite disappointed with this sequel to a decent family film. I think this film is mad with dogs. I don't see the point of the puppies just Beethoven and Missy would be fine. At one point we were told that the Puppies fell ill and they had to be given medicine 68 times a day. As if that would really happen. I think this film is quite lucky to have the score it got. I thought a sequel wasn't a bad idea but they could have done better with this film but at the end of they day it's pretty much a load of dogs. These types of family films tend to get boring.
½ April 27, 2015
If the cast from the first film were not in this movie, it would have not worked at all, and would be on my DO NOT WATCH LIST, even as a kid.
March 29, 2015
Cute but less effective retread.
½ January 17, 2015
Another stupid dog movie, just stop making them.
½ August 29, 2014
Beethoven falls for another St. Bernard. And they have puppies together, but Beethoven's girlfriend's master wants the puppies. The kids take the puppies without her permission. And she stalks the family to get the puppies. The family goes on a vacation. The children all learn morals of life. The parents fall in love again. And Beethoven cries over his girlfriend. And the woman happens to bump into them again. I mean, how more silly can you get? What are these family's chances of having to save their dog once again? We'll never know until the third one.
August 22, 2014
I actually really enjoy this movie. Despite the fact that the script is pretty terrible and has tons of holes--way more than the first--the villains motives are way clearer and logical, and this followup has some nice overlaying themes.

Love is in the air in Beethoven's 2nd and there are hints of it all over this film and in all sorts of different ways. Ryce is torn between two guys, Beethoven finds a misses and has puppies, Missy's owner is going through a divorce, and Mr. and Mrs. Newton's love endures through all of their financial difficulties.

But just like the first film, there is no character depth and even less development and growth. There is no threatening drama within the family besides the fact that the kids are hiding puppies. But that gets resolved swiftly within the first half of the movie. The pacing moves nicely through this film and the balance between the main plot and the subplots were smoother and less uneven than its predecessor.

My favorite parts of this film besides the puppies were the scenes filmed in Glacier National Park. The scenery is beautiful and lush. And the scenes at the fair are going to be loved by any kid watching this film.

Although the script poses tons of questions in this silly and unrealistic movie, Beethoven's 2nd is entertaining and laughably enjoyable. Toss in Chris Penn and it up the ante. I would definitely watch this again.

Twizard Rating: 81
½ July 5, 2014
The First One Was Better.C+
March 2, 2014
Dogs fall in love. An overly schmaltzy and anthropomorphic sequel. Any goodwill left over from the original evaporates fairly quickly.
February 22, 2014
A heartwarming sequel.Amazing.
½ February 21, 2014
Charles Grodin collects a paycheck at a time when his career probably needed it. It's a rehash of the first movie, only with more canines.
½ July 2, 2013
of course he won't love and thus had puppies, but at least they don't talk.
April 21, 2013
Actually quite good!
½ February 28, 2013
Amo a beethoven! película de los 90 amada
December 7, 2012
A few flaws but otherwise enjoyable movie, may be boring moments but only fleeting ones.