Big Fat Liar - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Big Fat Liar Reviews

½ June 21, 2016
Big Fat Liar is an excellent and brilliant movie. When I first saw this movie it was hilarious and awesome. Still to this day I like this movie. I would very much suggest this movie.
½ May 27, 2016
The first bit of the script sounds good, "Hollywood producer Marty Wolf, steals a class paper of Jason Shepherd and is making a movie out of it" but then you think about it, and realize how bad it might be as a movie, well it's just that.
May 2, 2016
Hollywood producer steals a teenager's class paper to make into a movie but the teen is plotting his revenge to expose the sleazy producer. This comedy has its moments and some tweens might find it funny but for adults there isn't enough to keep one interested.
May 1, 2016
A fun family film that is basically a one trick pony. Fortunately, that trick is Paul Giamatti, one of the greatest character actors alive today. Also before Bynes went crazy. Sad.
March 5, 2016
A fun but sometimes obnoxious movie. Even in this generic kid's movie, Paul Giamatti's performance is great enough to once again prove that he is a seriously underrated actor.
February 11, 2016
Still a funny movie. Hilarious things happen to the villain. The movie has aged very well.
February 10, 2016
I watched this movie so many times when I was younger. Anytime it was on TV, that's what I'd be doing. I just had so much fun with it and the premise was just so exciting to me. I know none of it is really plausible and I probably like it a lot more due to nostalgia but it really is a funny movie. It's kind of fun to think of this situation happening honestly so that makes the movie work even more.
½ October 24, 2015
Big Fat Liar could have been a good kid's movie but instead it is a big crapfest that is so embarrassing and cringe worthy to watch
½ June 15, 2015
Giamatti eats his role up in an otherwise predictable kid comedy.
½ May 24, 2015
In the realm of such classics as Space Jam and Freaky Friday (Lohan x Curtis version), Big Fat Liar or BFL, as it's come to be known, rides the waves of cinematic greatness with ease due to the brilliance of Amanda Bynes and Frankie Muniz, not to mention a helping hand from veteran Paul Giamatti.
April 25, 2015
Loved this film when I was a kid!
½ February 26, 2015
All this movie gave me was a Big Fat Headache.
December 13, 2014
we need more this kind of movie, just for fun of it :D
November 8, 2014
Too generic and predictable to be good nor too bad to call this a terrible movie. This only comes off as a children's movie that only feels like it took the filmmakers a month for this forgettable material to be made. The only kind of humor you see on screen is just slapstick and there was never a memorable or laugh out loud moment in the entire movie. Frankie Muniz from Malcolm in the Middle is only ok here, but doesn't bring much to the big screen as an actor. Amanda Bynes, while good looking, was one of the big problems of the film. She didn't bring anything good to the movie, she was annoying at times, and she really just faded in the background for most of the film. A good aspect here in my opinion was Paul Giamatti. I thought he made the best out of the not-so-good material he was given and there were some mildly enjoyable moments with him. Besides those things, this is just your average, cliched, and very predictable Hollywood movie where there is no real reason to watch it.
½ October 14, 2014
Thank God I was never a Frankie Muniz fan in the first place. Giving him and Amanda Bynes chemistry, makes as much sense as the relationship between Squirrel and Doyle from Biodome. Just makes you want to scream with annoyance!
September 6, 2014
Frankie looked cracked out in this movie... His 15 minutes were almost over at this point.
August 26, 2014
For a fact, I loved Frankie Muniz in Malcolm in the middle, but this wasn't funny, poorly written, and just bad overall.
½ August 24, 2014
Another family B-movie that's non-Disney with its own wits and sillies. (B)

(Full review coming soon)
August 6, 2014
A suprisingly decent family-film. Nothing too deep here, but hey... it's a popcorn family-film. Were you expecting more?