Billy Elliot - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Billy Elliot Reviews

½ November 24, 2016
It comes as a truly delightful surprise how a simple story like this can be made into such a wonderful, captivating film that makes us cry and laugh in equal measure, and the best thing is that it never resorts to easy clichés or shows things in black and white like many would.
½ November 21, 2016
I don't really remember much of this movie?
September 25, 2016
Billy Elliot shows Bell's potential. He shows more maturity in this role than many actors would love to achieve. It's the music by T.Rex and the Jam which is the icing on the cake.
September 8, 2016
I love the musical, and I love the movie! The soundtrack is strong as well as the acting and storyline. This is an amazing film adaption of a musical that other movie musical should try to aspire to be like.
September 6, 2016
Billy Elliot es sin duda una película hermosa, sentimental y dramática, enmarcada en uno de los momentos sociales más duros de la historia reciente de Inglaterra.

¿Es típica? Hasta decir basta, pero eso no impide que puedas disfrutar de su visionado cada vez que aparece por la televisión o te apetece recuperar un poco la fe en la humanidad.
½ August 9, 2016
Far too grim to be fully uplifting. Well made and acted but ultimately a bit too bleak for its own good.
½ July 31, 2016
When one kid's success is the success of a whole town...
½ July 29, 2016
la verdad es que es una muy buena pelicula,momentos tristes,buenas actuaciones,es una muy buena pelicula
July 4, 2016
Brilliant film. True to life well written story line portraying the life and struggles of some mining families in that era. Would highly recommend.
½ April 2, 2016
Moving, inspiring, funny and humane, Stephen Daldry's Billy Elliot is a British classic highly elevated by Jamie Bell and Julie Walters lively performances.
March 26, 2016
Billy Elliot is a great little film that has a lot to say about what it means to be a man, with some exceptional acting. Jamie Bell is brilliant and one of the best child performances ever. Julie Walters is unbelievably likeable and gives a great performance. Gary Lewis also plays a very complex character who at the start you hate but by the end you just love. This is a very well directed, well written and entertaining film. There are very few problems and Billy's speech at the end is pure gold from the writers. There's also some good emotional moments. Billy Elliot is a great little film with a lot of heart. An absolute must see for families if they can stand lots of f words. Check this film out its great. A-
March 20, 2016
Billy Elliott superbly combines a real and raw working life piece of history together with a precise and beautiful art form. Language is direct and the humour is subtle but timed to perfection due to the emotional state of the movie. Theres lots of great music and the dance side of the movie is told in an interesting way, non fans of the art like myself can definitely appreciate it.
½ January 22, 2016
Jamie Bell. <3 :'-)
January 20, 2016
Simple story about a kid who learns ballet. He's from a tough Newcastle community and he gets a mild bit of stick for what he does. It's all quite lame and wet family stuff. Meh.
January 8, 2016
Despite the fact of the ballet scenes fall short becoming more a movie about tap dance, it is an interesting and well-acted movie that will entertain you with its emotional plot.
January 8, 2016
½ January 3, 2016
billy elliot it´s a great powerful movie about to follow our dreams! it doesn´t care how much effort or fails we got! stephen daldry is a outstanding director who can give to the film that touch of dramedy which makes this film so enjoyable...
I smiled, I laughted, I cryed..... wonderful film
November 21, 2015
A very good movie worth seeing
½ November 11, 2015
Jamie Bell, so talented for his age ! Gives quite a performance, shows anger and passion and determination and intelligence and sassiness and cuteness.