Bio-Dome - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bio-Dome Reviews

½ June 11, 2017
In my opinion, the worst comedy ever. The acting is poor and Stephen Baldwin and Joey Lauren Adams can do so much better. I'm honestly glad that this wasn't a Bill and Ted sequel, because it would've ruined the characters.
June 10, 2017
A wacky nineties comedy with a goofy pairing of Pauly Shore and Stephen Baldwin. Funny! (First viewing - In my early twenties)
April 29, 2017
Nothing to see here. Just two stupid white guys trying to outstupid each other.
April 20, 2017
Nostalgia Critic: "Christ, every time one of them opens their mouths, I hear a child being murdered!" *cue pauly shore's squealing replaced by a child screaming and gunshot fire*

My thoughts exactly.
½ April 18, 2017
I saw this movie at the right time in life: 13 years old. If I hadn't seen this until I was an adult, I probably would've not liked it nearly as much or possibly even hated it. I've rewatched it as an adult and I still really enjoy it. Not sure if it's influenced by nostalgia, but it still makes me laugh. Don't get me wrong, if someone says they hate it, I wouldn't be like "WHAT?!? How can you not like Bio-Dome?!?". I get how people can find it really annoying, but it's a fun movie for me. It really depends on how much stupidity you can tolerate in your comedies.
½ February 7, 2017
I watched this movie randomly after stumbling upon a random trailer while on the deep end of youtube and it was so bad it actually inspired me to sign up for this website to review it.

This movie is the low point of humanities venture into the cinematic arts. It is absolute garbage with zero redeeming qualities, I watched in disbelief unable to look away like watching a car crash. I metaphorically cried for all those poor extras that found themselves in the background unaware that they are contributing to the absolute worst 95 minutes of footage produced by humanity. None of the "jokes" were funny and I could not believe they would put a "funny" rape scene and then move on to the next scene like we didn't just witness the 2 stars try to rape 2 unwilling woman while they slept.

I don't know what else to say. This movie is a nightmare, it's foul, its ability to destroy faith in mankind should be studied. It should have never even seen the light of day if anyone with a brain had watched it before release and deemed it an active crime scene. And the crime? Assaulting your brain cells more efficiently than high grade meth from Walter White himself.

Watch this movie only if you want to finally have the courage to purchase some cyanide. Probably the only thing this monstrosity of a feature length film is good for.
½ January 16, 2017
I took a date to see this in 1999, we didn't bang that night.
½ December 27, 2016
Master of Disguise in a greenhouse. Also one of the absolute worst comedies of all-time.
½ December 7, 2016
I was cured from a coma but after I watched this movie I would've preferred being in that coma. Irredeemable trash. In my Bottom 5
November 17, 2016
I thought it was pretty funny.
October 5, 2016
Perfect cult classic ridiculousness!
October 3, 2016
Stephen Baldwin & Pauly Shore were quite obnoxious and didn't do much with their characters in this movie.... That said Joey Lauren Adams & Kylie Minouge when she was HOT!! made this worth watching
August 2, 2016
One of my favorites!!
July 14, 2016
Pauly Shore is probably one of the funniest guys I've ever encountered and this movie proves it he goes to a place that is supposed to be sealed off and he messes with the homeostasis of the place it's funny he really is
July 9, 2016
Loved this in my teens
½ June 5, 2016
THIS IS WORST MOVIE EVER because the guy was farting sooo much that stinks soooo bad....... I don't like to watch this!
May 13, 2016
I may have laughed once, but I was still interested in studying the improv skills of Baldwin and Shore.
April 30, 2016
la peor pelicula de la histooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooria segun yo, y metascore no se equivoca esta se merece ese 1 de 100 que le da asi es bio -dome la peor pelicula de la historia porque es cursi,boba,estupida y ridicula que te hace pasar un momento de mal sabor de boca, no puedo creer porque tuvo que participar jack black un actor que me da risa.
April 30, 2016
I don't understand why or how people actually believed in Pauly Shore. He is, in my opinion the worst major comic of all time. BIO-DOME is the height of Shore's unfunniness- it's just an excuse to make him and Stephen Baldwin do insanely annoying and pointless things. This movie is staggeringly awful- the film's awfulness is actually beyond comprehension. It is the cinematic equivalent of a bad college dorm-room party attended by 2 aged drop-outs. It's hateful, unpleasant and utterly contrived.

I mean- it is nearly impossible to comprehend how aggravating this movie is. It's really something. I did not laugh once- not once. Shore is so unfunny, incompetent, and unlikable- listening to him even speak is painful. His performing abilities are the cinematic equivalent of nails on a chalkboard. The movie itself is incomprehensible- the plot meanders about for no reason other than to plunge into the desired set-up of the two unemployed losers played by Shore and Baldwin. That set-up is annoying scientists after being dumped by their bimbo girlfriends dumped them. (That's the only thing that makes sense in this movie- even these 2 pretty girls were smart enough to dump these human equivalents of cancerous cells.) There is no given reason for them to harass these poor people- I guess they just do it out of some kind of sociopathic enjoyment.

And that's all this movie is- its a 94 minute assault on the senses consisting of these two screwing around with scientists (most of whom look like models- very unconvincing) and their facility. It's just 2 amazingly unfunny people doing desperately unfunny things. I also found this movie amazingly offensive- the only race of people in this movie are white and they are all portrayed in that common stereotype as trusting fools, as complete idiots. Wow. The film has an awkward and utterly sick scene where the two each go into a pretty scientist's room, get into bed with each one and then they try to rape and molest them. That is the movie's idea of something that is funny: annoying people, whatever it takes- just to get a reaction.

You know what is astonishing? We actually side with the antagonist, played by William Atherton in this movie. He's the more likable character in this movie. I've never seen a movie that has successfully done that and I'm not sure that there is a movie other than maybe FREDDY GOT FINGERED where that happened. That is a prime example of incompetent writing. Also- these 2 idiots found this Bio Dome by chance. I'm amazed they can drive a car, let alone own one.

To call BIO-DOME bankrupt is an insult to the word bankrupt. This movie actually tries to deface and make a mockery of the comedy film genre. It's that bad. It may actually be one of the worst movies ever made, certainly one of the worst of modern times. It's spectacularly unfunny, reprehensible and cloying- I doubt you will find a movie more difficult to watch unless you look really, really hard. There are a few worse movies than this one- but BIO-DOME is definitely up there.
½ April 20, 2016
The first half is completely idiotic, the second half finally picks up some intelligence. But already I've wasted 1 hour and 35 minutes of my life watching this putrid piece of junk and Pauly Shore and Stephen Baldwin are just aggravating to sit through...