Bio-Dome - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bio-Dome Reviews

September 21, 2017
Top 10: Worst Films

1. Battlefield Earth (2000)

2. Freddy Got Fingered (2001)

3. North (1994)

4. Showgirls (1995)

5. Howard The Duck (1986)

6. Leonard Part 6 (1987)

7. Bio-Dome (1996)

8. An Alan Smithee Film: Burn, Hollywood, Burn (1998)

9. Jack And Jill (2011)

10. Disaster Movie (2008)
September 14, 2017
Bob Hope, Bing Crosby and Dorothy Lamour made a series of "Road" movies that are now considered classic comedy. Shortly before watching Bio Dome, I had screened "The Road to Bali," and Bio Dome is much better, Just like now, audiences loved the "road" movies and critics hated them. But they were fun to watch, and according to Bob Hope, fun to make. Bio Dome is heads and shoulders better, and will be longer lasting, than the Hope and Crosby items, and for good reason. It has a well written script and many memorable characters. Don't dismiss this movie until you've seen it. Here's an interesting fact, there is not a single f word in this movie. There's so much to laugh at, and yet no one gets hurt. Even the fart jokes are gourmet fart jokes. No one sleeps with any one they shouldn't. Jack Black plays the guitar. I actually love the portrayal of the head scientist, who knows his Black Sabbath. The set up is fast and believable. It's a buddy picture, it's the nineties version of "Road to Bali," and your grand children are going to want to watch it. Trust me on this one when I call it a classic. In a time capsule fun for all harm no one sense, it is classic. Lovely female leads, silly but handsome men, you're going to find in fifty years this one has virtues, and a plot. "Oh my God it's the grassy knoll!" And, did I mention, a blink and you'll miss it cameo from Jack Black? He pretends to smash a guitar and then gently puts it down after singing a memorably terrible semi folk song. So funny.
July 31, 2017
A very bad movie.
I actually like Pauly Shore. I'm not saying he's an Oscar winning actor, but I like his goofy humor, and watching movies like Encino Man. But this movie tries to hard. It has bathroom humor and the main characters getting hurt. It's like watching a Disney show, but worse.
½ July 13, 2017
Chinese water torture or watching Bio-Dome.  Which is a more effective form of torture, hmm?  As ridiculous as that sounds, it's plausible if you've seen...this..."film".  This "film" consists of two brain dead morons sticking their tongues out and whaling them around constantly, jumping and swinging off things like retarded baboons on cocaine, air-humping, a fart-smelling-challenge flashback, and did I mention pointless, arbitrary, brain-cell-deducting gags?  Keyword there was pointless.  This is an emotionally exhausting dung heap of a "film".  I've seen bits and pieces of Pauly Shore films over the years and this one I caught on TV when I was younger, but after seeing it now in its entirety(don't know what possessed me to do such a horrible thing), I can safely advise the entire cinephile population with this: if Pauly Shore is in the starring role, look away.  Turn around.  Run.  Don't look back.  Avoid it like it was the Black Plague.  That's it, I'm done talking about this abomination.
½ June 11, 2017
In my opinion, the worst comedy ever. The acting is poor and Stephen Baldwin and Joey Lauren Adams can do so much better. I'm honestly glad that this wasn't a Bill and Ted sequel, because it would've ruined the characters.
June 10, 2017
A wacky nineties comedy with a goofy pairing of Pauly Shore and Stephen Baldwin. Funny! (First viewing - In my early twenties)
April 29, 2017
Nothing to see here. Just two stupid white guys trying to outstupid each other.
April 20, 2017
Nostalgia Critic: "Christ, every time one of them opens their mouths, I hear a child being murdered!" *cue pauly shore's squealing replaced by a child screaming and gunshot fire*

My thoughts exactly.
½ April 18, 2017
I saw this movie at the right time in life: 13 years old. If I hadn't seen this until I was an adult, I probably would've not liked it nearly as much or possibly even hated it. I've rewatched it as an adult and I still really enjoy it. Not sure if it's influenced by nostalgia, but it still makes me laugh. Don't get me wrong, if someone says they hate it, I wouldn't be like "WHAT?!? How can you not like Bio-Dome?!?". I get how people can find it really annoying, but it's a fun movie for me. It really depends on how much stupidity you can tolerate in your comedies.
½ February 7, 2017
I watched this movie randomly after stumbling upon a random trailer while on the deep end of youtube and it was so bad it actually inspired me to sign up for this website to review it.

This movie is the low point of humanities venture into the cinematic arts. It is absolute garbage with zero redeeming qualities, I watched in disbelief unable to look away like watching a car crash. I metaphorically cried for all those poor extras that found themselves in the background unaware that they are contributing to the absolute worst 95 minutes of footage produced by humanity. None of the "jokes" were funny and I could not believe they would put a "funny" rape scene and then move on to the next scene like we didn't just witness the 2 stars try to rape 2 unwilling woman while they slept.

I don't know what else to say. This movie is a nightmare, it's foul, its ability to destroy faith in mankind should be studied. It should have never even seen the light of day if anyone with a brain had watched it before release and deemed it an active crime scene. And the crime? Assaulting your brain cells more efficiently than high grade meth from Walter White himself.

Watch this movie only if you want to finally have the courage to purchase some cyanide. Probably the only thing this monstrosity of a feature length film is good for.
½ January 16, 2017
I took a date to see this in 1999, we didn't bang that night.
½ December 27, 2016
Master of Disguise in a greenhouse. Also one of the absolute worst comedies of all-time.
½ December 7, 2016
I was cured from a coma but after I watched this movie I would've preferred being in that coma. Irredeemable trash. In my Bottom 5
November 17, 2016
I thought it was pretty funny.
October 5, 2016
Perfect cult classic ridiculousness!
October 3, 2016
Stephen Baldwin & Pauly Shore were quite obnoxious and didn't do much with their characters in this movie.... That said Joey Lauren Adams & Kylie Minouge when she was HOT!! made this worth watching
August 2, 2016
One of my favorites!!
July 14, 2016
Pauly Shore is probably one of the funniest guys I've ever encountered and this movie proves it he goes to a place that is supposed to be sealed off and he messes with the homeostasis of the place it's funny he really is
July 9, 2016
Loved this in my teens
½ June 5, 2016
THIS IS WORST MOVIE EVER because the guy was farting sooo much that stinks soooo bad....... I don't like to watch this!