Bio-Dome - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bio-Dome Reviews

July 14, 2016
Pauly Shore is probably one of the funniest guys I've ever encountered and this movie proves it he goes to a place that is supposed to be sealed off and he messes with the homeostasis of the place it's funny he really is
July 9, 2016
Loved this in my teens
½ June 5, 2016
THIS IS WORST MOVIE EVER because the guy was farting sooo much that stinks soooo bad....... I don't like to watch this!
May 13, 2016
I may have laughed once, but I was still interested in studying the improv skills of Baldwin and Shore.
April 30, 2016
la peor pelicula de la histooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooria segun yo, y metascore no se equivoca esta se merece ese 1 de 100 que le da asi es bio -dome la peor pelicula de la historia porque es cursi,boba,estupida y ridicula que te hace pasar un momento de mal sabor de boca, no puedo creer porque tuvo que participar jack black un actor que me da risa.
April 30, 2016
I don't understand why or how people actually believed in Pauly Shore. He is, in my opinion the worst major comic of all time. BIO-DOME is the height of Shore's unfunniness- it's just an excuse to make him and Stephen Baldwin do insanely annoying and pointless things. This movie is staggeringly awful- the film's awfulness is actually beyond comprehension. It is the cinematic equivalent of a bad college dorm-room party attended by 2 aged drop-outs. It's hateful, unpleasant and utterly contrived.

I mean- it is nearly impossible to comprehend how aggravating this movie is. It's really something. I did not laugh once- not once. Shore is so unfunny, incompetent, and unlikable- listening to him even speak is painful. His performing abilities are the cinematic equivalent of nails on a chalkboard. The movie itself is incomprehensible- the plot meanders about for no reason other than to plunge into the desired set-up of the two unemployed losers played by Shore and Baldwin. That set-up is annoying scientists after being dumped by their bimbo girlfriends dumped them. (That's the only thing that makes sense in this movie- even these 2 pretty girls were smart enough to dump these human equivalents of cancerous cells.) There is no given reason for them to harass these poor people- I guess they just do it out of some kind of sociopathic enjoyment.

And that's all this movie is- its a 94 minute assault on the senses consisting of these two screwing around with scientists (most of whom look like models- very unconvincing) and their facility. It's just 2 amazingly unfunny people doing desperately unfunny things. I also found this movie amazingly offensive- the only race of people in this movie are white and they are all portrayed in that common stereotype as trusting fools, as complete idiots. Wow. The film has an awkward and utterly sick scene where the two each go into a pretty scientist's room, get into bed with each one and then they try to rape and molest them. That is the movie's idea of something that is funny: annoying people, whatever it takes- just to get a reaction.

You know what is astonishing? We actually side with the antagonist, played by William Atherton in this movie. He's the more likable character in this movie. I've never seen a movie that has successfully done that and I'm not sure that there is a movie other than maybe FREDDY GOT FINGERED where that happened. That is a prime example of incompetent writing. Also- these 2 idiots found this Bio Dome by chance. I'm amazed they can drive a car, let alone own one.

To call BIO-DOME bankrupt is an insult to the word bankrupt. This movie actually tries to deface and make a mockery of the comedy film genre. It's that bad. It may actually be one of the worst movies ever made, certainly one of the worst of modern times. It's spectacularly unfunny, reprehensible and cloying- I doubt you will find a movie more difficult to watch unless you look really, really hard. There are a few worse movies than this one- but BIO-DOME is definitely up there.
½ April 20, 2016
The first half is completely idiotic, the second half finally picks up some intelligence. But already I've wasted 1 hour and 35 minutes of my life watching this putrid piece of junk and Pauly Shore and Stephen Baldwin are just aggravating to sit through...
½ March 27, 2016
It's your typical NOT funny Pauly Shore comedy
½ March 21, 2016
Let's be honest, there's no way that this is a worse movie than Adam Sandler's worst. I know this is considered one of the worst movies ever made, and I wouldn't entirely disagree with that, since I did give it one and a half stars. I don't mean to even come close to suggesting that this was a good movie, but I can sort of see how the film came to have a cult following. Yes, the writing is childish, the characters of Bud and Doyle are stupid and obnoxious and the humor leaves a lot to be desired. But you have to admit that there's a certain chemistry between Pauly Shore and Stephen Baldwin. There were instances where they almost break character by laughing at what the other is doing. It seemed like they legitimately enjoyed working with each other, so, to me, that actually did add something to the movie. Clearly not much, but it added something. At the very least it's not like a Sandler movie where they make offensive jokes about homosexuals, minorities, women, etc, etc before going "I'm sowwy" and slapping themselves on the wrists. It's that sort of shit that people hate about Sandler. At the very least this movie, to me, doesn't really seek to offend. It's just a purposely stupid movie. And it's really hard for me to hate a movie whose entire purpose is to be as dumb as humanly possible. Then again, one of the worst film experiences I've ever had was Date Movie and that was designed to be really fucking stupid. I think that, perhaps, if I watched the movie on my own then I wouldn't have hated it as much. Since I watched this in a theater full of people, that all seemed to be enjoying the movie, it made the experience worse. If I had been watching this in a movie theater full of people, I can imagine me thinking this is considerably worse than it actually is. Again, I'd say that this movie is bad, but I can see how it has a cult following. I can't say that for a lot of other movies with cult followings, like, for example, Grandma's Boy, which was just a dreadful fucking movie. I think a lot of this film's reputation has to do with the fact that Pauly Shore himself has been, pretty much, a joke. And I can see why. He just looks like an unfunny asshole. And I'm not saying that there aren't valid complaints about this film, but I'm certain that like .01% of that negative reaction is due to Pauly Shore being seen as a mockery of what 'real' comedy is like. Pauly's comedic style isn't necessarily my cup of tea, I find him obnoxious, but I'm sure there's an audience for it. Comedy is a more open-ended genre than any other out there. What's funny to me might not necessarily be funny to anyone else. Same with Pauly Shore. But, like I said, him and Stephen Baldwin have surprisingly decent chemistry and that helps make the movie slightly more bearable. Who am I kidding, this movie, realistically speaking, is kind of awful. But it's an awful you can laugh at and get some enjoyment from. I wouldn't recommend it, of course, but I had some good laughs at its expense.
½ February 26, 2016
PAULY SHORE!
There I summed up how bad this film is
½ February 15, 2016
Bio-Dome is one of those rare films where not even a Tenacious D cameo can save it!
½ December 16, 2015
Unfortunately, I've seen this movie. If you haven't, count yourself among the fortunate and skip it altogether.
½ November 4, 2015
WORST MOVIE EVER MADE!
September 17, 2015
not a bad movie but not a great one either, pretty average goofy comedy. remember watching this ages ago.
½ September 16, 2015
My least favorite movie of all time! Giving it a 1/2 star is WAY WAY WAY too generous.
½ July 13, 2015
I don't want to talk about it
½ July 4, 2015
Unbelievably bad. For stoners, by stoners.
June 27, 2015
Nah still better then jack and Jill. At least the da da da music in the background is fun to listen to.
½ June 23, 2015
One of the worst comedies I've ever seen