Blade: Trinity - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blade: Trinity Reviews

October 17, 2016
Terrific! Snipes is tailor made to be Blade!
½ August 14, 2016
What even was Dracula? What even was Blade wearing?! Why was there so much red?! Everything in this film didn't have the umph that it should've and it disappointments on several different levels. Well besides Ryan Reynolds. I liked his character.
½ August 4, 2016
Blade: Trinity is the final installment of the 1980's Blade trilogy. While the first two were fun and gritty, and there are flashes of that in this one, overall, it fails to pick up the same style that made the first two great. The villains are incredibly one dimensional and have almost no depth whatsoever, and a lot of the acting is from bad to just okay, aside from Wesley Snipes who is great as usual as the hero Blade, and Ryan Reynolds, who steals virtually every scene he's in as Hannibal King. Dracula, the main antagonist however, is straight up bad, a poorly written script and some ho-him acting from Dominic Purcell was really disappointing. The special effects are great as usual, but it barley distracts from what is just not a very good movie. Blade: Trinity is not without its moments though, and that may just put it over the edge for some
June 20, 2016
Blade is tricked by vampires into murdering a human so now Blade is wanted by the vampires and humans. The vampire nation also wants to become day-walkers like Blade so they find and awaken Dracula. Ryan Reynolds' Hannibal King is essentially just a ripped Van Wilder that acts as his audition for Deadpool, which he nails. Dominic Purcell as Drake/Dracula is great and is probably one of the better parts of the film. Does not live up to the first in the franchise but is better than the 2nd in my opinion.
May 14, 2016
Blade: Trinity boasts all the stylish action fans have come to expect from this Marvel vampire-action flick but does it all at the expense of a good plot and the previous 2 films' deeper character moments (Unrated ending still better than the theatrical ending)
April 2, 2016
This film is slightly different from the first 2 films. One of the main differences is the comedy factor which is brought in by Ryan Reynolds. Worth at least a watch!
March 26, 2016
Just as good as the first two, The action was way better and Ryan Reynolds brings in some humour which helps allot at times.
March 6, 2016
Liked the first, thought the second was bad, might as well finish out the trilogy some day.
December 25, 2015
I think the first mistake was New Line handing a major franchise picture to a rookie inexperienced director. David Goyer has nourished this series thru his scripts, but that doesn't mean he could stand toe to toe with a very well done Blade 1 by Stephen Norrington or the insane vision of Blade 2 by cinematic wonderkind Guillermo Del Toro. Goyer just doesn't possess the skill of directing action nor does he have a highly imaginative visual eye that the prior directors had.

The second mistake was having two totally out of place cast members like Jessica Biel and Ryan Reynolds. Blade has always had a very gritty urban edge with a nice mixture of goth and hip hop. Biel and Reynolds does not fit at all. They belong in teen comedies and yuppie suburbanite style fare. Another casting blunder is that of Dominic Purcell as the big daddy Dracula. He had the look and menace of an underwear model. The film needed a larger than life actor with charisma.... and something to actually do in the movie!! Trinity had none of that for ole Drac.

In making these mistakes resulted in a dull Blade movie with choppy action scenes full of boring explosions, bland set pieces, and barely adequate fight choreography... if you can catch any of it through all the shaky cam close ups and constant fast editing. You also get Reynolds trying like hell to be funny.... the entire movie, and Biel trying her best to act like a badass. Reynolds succeeded only sometimes while other times he came off strenuous and forced. Biel acted like she was still in a training session or a sparring match during her fight scenes. She didn't look convincing in the slightest especially in the shadow of Wesley Snipes who can pull it off effortlessly.... like he gets paid to kick ass..... Oh wait.

Speaking of Wesley Snipes, it was quite clear he didn't want to be part of this movie. Other than the well documented tension behind the scenes, Snipes phoned in his performance and looked more annoyed at being on that set. I don't really blame him either, because he was almost completely monopolized by his caucasian co stars. The title says BLADE, the fans want to see BLADE, and Goyer betrayed both Snipes and the fans.

I would get more into Kris Kristofferson's role in this movie, but it barely registers as anything but a slap in the face. I mean you die in Blade 1 only to get resurrected in Blade 2.... just to die again in a very underwhelming way in Blade 3? His character arc turned out to be a pointless sham.

Overall Blade Trinity is not a totally awful film. its just an awfully dull and misguided effort full of opportunities wasted by the studio and the filmmakers involved. It's a bad sign when the only spark of entertainment value you get from a "Blade" movie is Ryan Reynolds cutting it up with his likability and humor. Had New Line Cinema actually waited for Guillermo Del Toro to make his Hellboy movie, then as Del Toro said he "would have been on board for Blade 3". We would have gotten a much more satisfying conclusion to the Blade Trilogy.
December 23, 2015
This third and final entry in the Blade Trilogy is lackluster in just about every aspect of the film. Not horrendously made, but just really uninspired and dull after we had two extremely stylish and cool Blade films that really delivered before this.

The action is sloppy without any grace or sense of choreography... or geography for that matter. The fx are ho hum and boring.... how many times are we gonna be amazed by cgi disintegrating vampires?

I'd say the biggest offense to the series that was made, was overcrowding Wesley Snipes with characters that are more SUBurban than urban. Ryan Reynolds and Parker Posey are the most entertaining, but that's not a good thing when you have Snipes looking as enthused as a kid in a doctor's office about being in the film... I don't blame him. Dracula.... the biggest baddest vampire.... reduced to a few scenes before embarking on one of the most poorly done final showdowns I've ever seen.

Bottom line David S. Goyer was the wrong guy for the director's chair who's inexperience couldnt possibly measure up to the likes of Guillermo Del Toro or even Stephen Norrington who at least had a visual eye in his second feature as director. This was the finale that deserved a much grander end than the weak sauce that we were treated to...
½ December 9, 2015
After two awesome films the third film in the Blade Franchise kind of sucked. Poor I really hope that Marvel does more movies for this character because he ended on a bad note with a bad movie and a trash series.
November 30, 2015
In a series saturated with comically overwrought toughery and action sequences it's refreshing to see an entry that's more self aware. Ryan Reanolds particularly is a joy to behold in all his scenes, the dour tone only making his irreverent quips all the funnier.

I would call this a solid B movie, and well worth a watch if you're into gothic action films.
October 28, 2015
Come on...Ryan Reynolds is hysterical
October 17, 2015
I did enjoy Blade:Trinity. It wasn't the best Blade movie and I originally seen it in theaters. Having Blade battle Dracula who surprisingly a daywalker was a good idea. But, I hated the fact that WWE's wrestler Triple H was in the movie. He didn't belong in the movie. He was a terrible actor. He was suppose to portray a tough bad ass vampire. All he did was make himself look like Wesley Snipes's character Blade can whup him good. This movie didn't need him and should have had a few changes made in the story before the release of the film.
½ August 27, 2015
Awesome blade is still one of my all time favorite marvel movies add Ryan Reynolds and magic
½ August 5, 2015
I believe the trio was a great idea and Blade made an epic conclusion. Good job well done!
July 26, 2015
first was the best in my opinion but this is still a pretty decent movie...far from a great but decent enough to watch..if they ever make a 4th lets hope its much better than this one.
July 19, 2015
by no means a good movie but entertaining if in the right frame of mind for it.
½ May 19, 2015
The lazy action sequences, shot and edited too quickly, take up most of the movie and rid the film of the narrative coherence and pacing of the first two films.