Blazing Saddles - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blazing Saddles Reviews

March 20, 2018
The often sporadic comedy feels juvenile even though its R rated and the thin plot serves it no further.
½ March 2, 2018
what else can you say. It's a comic masterpiece, just as funny today as it was 40 years ago.
February 19, 2018
Hilarious! Probably the best Mel Brooks movie of all. Its too bad that they wouldn't be allowed to make this movie in today's "PC" climate.
½ February 17, 2018
1001 movies to see before you die.
February 12, 2018
A true comedy classic that gets better with time because of its rarity within the field that it exists in. EDIT - I originally gave it 4.5 stars but I've decided to up it to 5 stars because of the amount of libtards crying about political correctness in the reviews. LOL. Libtard tears are delicious. MAGA 2020!!!
½ February 12, 2018
Okay, what am I missing here? Why wasn't I as entertained as everyone said I would be by this movie? A few killer lines, but extremely underwhelming. Maybe it fit better at the time, but this felt forced.
January 22, 2018
Beautifully hilarious and stupid.
½ January 22, 2018
The origins of satire are -oh- so wonderful!
January 2, 2018
And there is a nigger sheriff. 80/100
½ December 18, 2017
Personally, I think this movie is vastly overrated. One of the lower Mel Brooks films.
½ November 18, 2017
One of the all time great comedy films. A classic by one of the masters Mel Brooks. I have watched this movie so many times that I might not be able to count it on my fingers and toes, lets just say a lot. It still holds up very very well. Amazing performances by Gene Wilder and Cleavon Little, who play two men from very different backgrounds who become best friends and partners and come to the rescue of the town of Rock Ridge. Culminating in them and the towns folk building a fake cardboard version of Rock Ridge to fool the bad guys, classic stuff. Mel Brooks has said that he don't think he could get the movie made in today's PC culture that seems to be running rampant and permeating everything these days. Which if true is a real shame, because we may be missing out all time classics like Blazing Saddles.
October 26, 2017
***
'Blazing Saddles' was undoubtedly ahead of its time, with an inspiring protagonist and an ending that turns the whole movie on its head. Plenty of humour and excellent performances go a long way, but certain aspects did unfortunately feel dated and it wasn't always as funny as it thought it was.
October 12, 2017
My favorite comedy of all time!
September 23, 2017
In hindsight, this was an effective blow to racism in America. In it humor is dealt at prejudices with the lethality of a club with a nail driven through it; disarming even the most reactionary of us all.
August 28, 2017
So good it never should (or could) be remade.
½ August 6, 2017
Mel brooks character is terrible, only a few minor funny parts, I give up on these, stupid
July 23, 2017
Mel Brooks' goofy humour never appealed to me and this film is no exception, although it's considered one of his finest.
½ July 12, 2017
It's absolutely fearless in its attempts to satire race and the western genre. It's an undoubtedly funny Mel Brooks classic.
½ July 10, 2017
The first thing I wondered was how the hell people allowed this movie to be made. And then I chuckled at the intelligent mix of political sarcasm, teasing-but-reflective racial commentary and quality comedy.