Booksmart Reviews

• 12h ago

Fun, inventive, playful end of .high-school coming of age comedy with breathlessly engaging performances.

• 13h ago

This is 1 of 3 movies to make me belly laugh so hard in the past 14 years, besides Anchorman and Game Night. It's constantly hilarious with amazingly original dialogue, but the relationships in it are what make this comedy stand up to time.

• 21h ago

A fantastic buddy teen comedy movie from a female perspective. The actors breathe even more life into the well-written characters & witty dialogue. And it's really funny. The female version of Superbad. Highly recommend it.

• 1d ago

This movie was a complete rehash of Superbad and Fast Times. Even the cadence and delivery of the jokes was the same. Kinda sad . PASS

• 3d ago

We're evolving negatively. This shit no. Just no.

We're evolving negatively. This shit no. Just no.

• 5d ago

I think if you made it past the first 10 minutes you may have noticed it has been ripped from Superbad. There is nothing new here except women and bad acting, watch the first 10 minutes if you make it past that point you may have fallen asleep. All around I give it a half of star for atleast being created.

• Sep 14, 2020

Finally an original high school comedy that not only delivers on the comedic elements but has a great heart at the end of it as well. From a directorial debut from Olivia Wilde, Booksmart tells the story of two girls who have worked all through the school career to get into the college of their dreams, But when they realize that not just amazing grades get you into the college that you’ve always wanted, they celebrate their last night of High School living it up. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie, I laughed out loud quite a bit and thought the writing was very original after this type of film has been done many times before. Both are female leads are very relatable and also very modern to today’s society with heavy pro feminist traits. The entire ensemble all delivers memorable performances and no one feels left out. I’d like to think this film as a more sophisticated Mean Girls (2003). This movie is a perfect example but they’re still good ideas out there for high school comedies.

• Sep 13, 2020

A film that reaches to both teen and young adult audiences because it comprehends and amazingly portrays the problems every teen has been through at least once. You will feel the nostalgia of your young days when watching it. A modern-day Superbad.

• Sep 12, 2020

Forty-five minutes of my life I'll never get back. The storyline could have been good with better writing although there were a couple of brief funny parts. All in all the movie was a complete waste of time and money.

• Sep 09, 2020

A modern day Sixteen Candles/Harold and Kumar/Dazed and Confused. Great movie.

A modern day Sixteen Candles/Harold and Kumar/Dazed and Confused. Great movie.