Booksmart Reviews

• 3h ago

Interminable and terribly unfunny. Enormously overhyped.

Interminable and terribly unfunny. Enormously overhyped.

• 13h ago

Disappointingly silly

Disappointingly silly

• 15h ago

Great chemistry between the lead characters and some laugh out loud moments, made this coming of age comedy a great watch.

• 17h ago

Horribly unfunny...Had to choose 1/2 star, because there is no zero default

Horribly unfunny...Had to choose 1/2 star, because there is no zero default

• 18h ago

The dumbest, gay, liberal movie I have ever seen in my life. This movie was a reminder why I hate this generation.

• 20h ago

The female equivalent of Superbad. It's very funny at times - one scene in particular had me rolling (the one with Jason Sudeikis in the Lyft). Some parts didn't really work for me, like the scene where they were dolls. The two leads are very likable. I'm not sure that it's an accurate depiction of high school, but I enjoyed it.

• 1d ago

Worst movie I’ve ever seen. Acting was awful and could not empathize with any characters. The best part was the credits where they threw water balloons at the cast. Absolutely horrendous.

Alec B Super Reviewer
    1d ago

The focus on two young female characters isn't the most radical thing here, its that nearly every character ends up transcending the false perceptions held by their peers and the audience.

• 2d ago

The material here is familiar and the characters so generic as to be forgettable, but the faces are fresh and the writing funny, so that I vacillated between laughing and losing interest in equal measure. All in all, the movie is at once wholly structured by the book, with routine tropes at every turn, yet smart enough in its inclusive, progressive approach to make it easy to overlook its faults.

• 2d ago

A sober Superbad with painfully awkward dialogue.

A sober Superbad with painfully awkward dialogue.