Brad's Status - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Brad's Status Reviews

½ January 15, 2018
A mature, realistic, heart wrenching and warming film about the world of status anxiety, family bonds, and contentment.
½ January 14, 2018
The most annoying violin background music I've ever heard in a movie
½ January 14, 2018
Piece of garbage. Just do yourself a favor and don't watch
January 14, 2018
A great portrayal of a man's thoughts as he goes through a midlife crisis
January 14, 2018
It's a very thoughtful film, and even with the limited settings, it somehow feels like it's taken you on a self-reflective journey, whether you've been there or you're going there. Rated 3.75 out of 5. Reviewed 1-14-17.
January 13, 2018
the world was in love with me..

Brad's Status

Mike White's vision, idea, lines and words relates with the audience and with the help of Ben Stiller's majestic performance as an overthinking negatively charged person, Brad's Status connects each and every dot that a cinema should.
January 12, 2018
I hated this movie. It was painful to watch, and I could not stand the main character. I know that was the point, but I couldn't identify him at all. Watching the movie was a painful activity. Don't get sucked in by the critics' reviews.
½ January 12, 2018
alright. Pretty sluggish
January 12, 2018
Good flick, not what I was expecting at all, but does drag in places.
January 8, 2018
Outwardly, Brad's Status appears to be a blend between a coming of age story and a mid life crisis. Although this movie is rooted with themes of comparing lives and materialism and how they affect our own happiness and self image. Excellent performance by Ben Stiller. The dialogue is narrated in a way that mirrors a segment from a memoire.
January 7, 2018
This movie was really boring. Very slow dragged on. It was supposed to be a comedy and I didn't laugh one time. I practically fell asleep
½ January 7, 2018
After meeting his teenaged son's friends--two talented educated young ladies Brad imagines them in bikinis as his double girlfriends. Brad spends 90% of the movie torturing himself about the deficiencies of his upper middle class life.
Crisis existencial = Ben Stiller
January 7, 2018
Pretty average tbh. Funny at times and sad at times but also really obvious and uninteresting for a lot of the time. Stiller's performance was engaging and endearing but I didn't ever get to a point of really caring about his or any of the other characters. Great seeing Jermaine Clement on screen again albeit briefly. Also, the scene with Michael Sheen toward the end made me think that Brad was a bit of a prick and I'm pretty sure that it was supposed to do the opposite!!
January 6, 2018
Brad's Status is so annoying and pathetic as its main character, failing to deliver any scope of empathy.
½ January 6, 2018
bad movie... good acting but, plot is not good
January 6, 2018
Love all the subtly included messages.
January 6, 2018
Boring as fuck! this movie will make you bored
January 5, 2018
As a father, I could relate. Good movie!
½ January 4, 2018
Totally sucks!!! Ben Stiller is member of the boo hoo club!