Bridge to Terabithia - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bridge to Terabithia Reviews

July 17, 2017
Film was only OK. This was shown as a class movie in our school, and I didn't want to watch it because of the stupid name, but oh well.
I swear Jess and Leslie are both trippy af, and the probably snorted coke before entering Terabithia. Even my classmates and friends were whispering about how they took the drugs before entering it.
That's not all......
The film, IS SOOOOOO BORING!!! To get a sense of how bored I was, I went to the other empty class with other bored people and started drawing on the white boards. After i went back to the other class that was showing the movie and started sweeping the dirty floor from the fattys that left popcorn on the ground.
It was only the last couple of parts that made me not lower the stars down to 1 or 2!
For common sense of the environment of the school, why tell Hell are there NO MONITORS! Oh come on, whose school doesn't have monitors outside the school when it is breaktime/recess. Have some common sense! Like, is it that bad to have a school that has people standing in front of the washroom asking for money in order to go piss? Even back then it probably wasn't THAT bad! If there are that much bullies, then what kind of school is that? Oh, and also please, NO ONE GOES WITH A MUSIC TEACHER TO THE MUSEUM ON A FKING SATURDAY! That sounds very stupid and odd
The last couple of parts was somewhat touching, and it was somewhat sad, but I didn't want to shed a tear because this movie didn't deserve it. some of my classmates were crying a little because they thought it was emotional at the end. I was yelling(in a very disbelieving tone),
"Why is everyone crying?!!!" because this movie isn't the "Forrest Gump" type where fking Ginnaaaaaaay dies from fking AIDs for God's sake!

JOSH HUTCHERSON, go back to Katniss and catch fire please.

I was being "generous" for giving 3 stars, and please don't try to fk with me own because for all u triggered people u can't reply and its my opinion.
IF YOU SLEEP IN THEATRES THIS IS NOT THE MOVIE FOR U
(wait, if u sleep in movies then us shouldn't watch any at all, nvm. Anyways I was trying to prove a stupid point whatever why am I typing so much this is in brackets. I'm also suppose to sleep right now, my dad will be mad if he finds out I'm typing lol)
½ June 29, 2017
Great and light story unlike anything that I have seen before. Full of nice warm moments. And AnnaSophia Robb was amazing in her role.
June 25, 2017
What a story!! I've gotta add it to my list of favorites of Science Fiction - Fantasy XD
June 23, 2017
well done coming-of-age story
½ June 1, 2017
Bridge to Terabithia was one of the saddest films of my childhood. But I don't remember it being all that good.
½ May 22, 2017
5/22/2017 (2): A really nice little movie. A little sad though.
May 4, 2017
A magical film about friendship. Very emotional! (First full viewing - In my early twenties)
May 1, 2017
Bridge To Terabithia is a good fairytale to enjoy I read the book and then I saw the movie and the movie is as good as the book I would say. You can't go wrong with this movie! Terabithia took place in the woods which was pretty cool I thought see the trailer! I like fairytales and this would be one of them
April 1, 2017
Should be worse than 1 star for ruining a family movie night. I'm going to be depressed for a month after watching this.
March 29, 2017
So dumb. If you want to make a movie about loss, you have to make the loss believable. Waste of a talented young cast.
½ January 14, 2017
This movie is very powerful towards the child-mind. It shows love, loss, and imagination. WARNING: If you are a very emotional person, this movie may not be the right type for you.
½ January 2, 2017
This was shaping up quite well and then it ended. Could have been a good hour longer. I don't know if that makes it a good thing or not, I suppose not.
½ December 25, 2016
i love all of the movie , a good adaptation, good actors and great characters, this movie take you to a new world between the fantasy and the reality :)
December 24, 2016
This film is based on the book of the same name. The story deals with some very real issues that are not typically dealt with in children's films.

The audience does not see what is coming in this story. It deals with 2 outcasts and their struggle against bullies, boredom and breaking out of their shell. I highly recommend this film as it is very unlike a product you would expect out of the Hollywood formula, but am certain this was only produced due to the success of the novel. It is a tearjerker.
½ December 8, 2016
This movie is one of the best I've ever seen. The beginning was slighly boring, and some of the movie seemed just to fill time, but the majority of the film kept me waiting for what would happen next. Most of it was expected, except the one part (I can't reveal it, for very obvious reasons post-movie) but it felt so nice to be able to look into someone else's life and see their everyday. The land of Terabithia was only seen to the kids, as is was meant to be. Until the end when Jess opened it to the world. We got to see it, special effects and all, only when the in-movie world did. I was swept away by that world and I still feel the tragedy coursing through me as if I was the one grieving. (I watched the movie in theaters). I can still somehow, if I think hard enough, imagine myself there. The movie was at first a bit boring, but I feel the point was to make a lasting impression. And it did. The universe leaves you aching to be back, and if the book hadn't been a single book, I would've complained that a second movie wasn't out yet. I've seen the movie at least 40 times, and although it doesn't get it better, there is no way in which it can get worse. This movie was a big part of my childhood (I am only 13 now) and still continues with me and, in a way, guides me. If other people didn't have as good a time watching this, I'm okay with that. I personally could not have been happier with the way they portrayed the characters and the way it all folded together.
December 7, 2016
If the Academy Awards had a Best Picture category for "Best Picture, Youth & Family," this would win, hands down. Based on the acclaimed book, the film, according to the author, captures the story & spirit of it. The screenplay was co-written by her son - and the story actually has its origins with him. The uncompressed 5.1 soundtrack & effects on the Bluray are superb. Recommend this as one of Disney's best - like (but different from) "Enchanted" and "Inside Out." ("Bridge" is not animation tho' there are some effects.) Reminds a bit of Tim Burton's wonderful "Big Fish" tho' that picture is adult oriented. "Bridge" is for older kids and - relax & let go - the kid in all of us. Wonderful.
½ December 3, 2016
A film with children as the intended audience yet contains messages that are better suited for adults, Bridge to Terabithia is a very touching and impactful film on multiple levels. Besides the story itself focusing on two kids who grow a close relationship as they explore their imaginations, Terabithia cover a multitude of important topics including religion, sexism, family life, and loss, which make for a lot of heartfelt and emotional moments. Although some events seem a little unrealistic and might not hold up as well in the future, this film still carries plenty of meaning ten years later and is one you'll want to re-watch frequently.
December 2, 2016
An entertaining fantasy.
September 29, 2016
This is yet another movie that I've heard raving reviews about, and was thoroughly disappointed.
Bridge to Terabithia is innocent and cutsey. Two kids who are deprived of love from their parents and are bullied at school, create the fantasy world of Terabithia where they rule a kingdom.
In order to watch this movie, you need some suspension of disbelief. Like why there aren't playground monitors...and why middle school kids are playing pretend.
And the ending...yeah..it left me thinking "...really?"
Honestly, I wouldn't recommend this movie to anyone, and would never watch it again.