Bridge to Terabithia - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bridge to Terabithia Reviews

April 1, 2017
Should be worse than 1 star for ruining a family movie night. I'm going to be depressed for a month after watching this.
March 29, 2017
So dumb. If you want to make a movie about loss, you have to make the loss believable. Waste of a talented young cast.
½ January 14, 2017
This movie is very powerful towards the child-mind. It shows love, loss, and imagination. WARNING: If you are a very emotional person, this movie may not be the right type for you.
½ January 2, 2017
This was shaping up quite well and then it ended. Could have been a good hour longer. I don't know if that makes it a good thing or not, I suppose not.
½ December 25, 2016
i love all of the movie , a good adaptation, good actors and great characters, this movie take you to a new world between the fantasy and the reality :)
December 24, 2016
This film is based on the book of the same name. The story deals with some very real issues that are not typically dealt with in children's films.

The audience does not see what is coming in this story. It deals with 2 outcasts and their struggle against bullies, boredom and breaking out of their shell. I highly recommend this film as it is very unlike a product you would expect out of the Hollywood formula, but am certain this was only produced due to the success of the novel. It is a tearjerker.
½ December 8, 2016
This movie is one of the best I've ever seen. The beginning was slighly boring, and some of the movie seemed just to fill time, but the majority of the film kept me waiting for what would happen next. Most of it was expected, except the one part (I can't reveal it, for very obvious reasons post-movie) but it felt so nice to be able to look into someone else's life and see their everyday. The land of Terabithia was only seen to the kids, as is was meant to be. Until the end when Jess opened it to the world. We got to see it, special effects and all, only when the in-movie world did. I was swept away by that world and I still feel the tragedy coursing through me as if I was the one grieving. (I watched the movie in theaters). I can still somehow, if I think hard enough, imagine myself there. The movie was at first a bit boring, but I feel the point was to make a lasting impression. And it did. The universe leaves you aching to be back, and if the book hadn't been a single book, I would've complained that a second movie wasn't out yet. I've seen the movie at least 40 times, and although it doesn't get it better, there is no way in which it can get worse. This movie was a big part of my childhood (I am only 13 now) and still continues with me and, in a way, guides me. If other people didn't have as good a time watching this, I'm okay with that. I personally could not have been happier with the way they portrayed the characters and the way it all folded together.
December 7, 2016
If the Academy Awards had a Best Picture category for "Best Picture, Youth & Family," this would win, hands down. Based on the acclaimed book, the film, according to the author, captures the story & spirit of it. The screenplay was co-written by her son - and the story actually has its origins with him. The uncompressed 5.1 soundtrack & effects on the Bluray are superb. Recommend this as one of Disney's best - like (but different from) "Enchanted" and "Inside Out." ("Bridge" is not animation tho' there are some effects.) Reminds a bit of Tim Burton's wonderful "Big Fish" tho' that picture is adult oriented. "Bridge" is for older kids and - relax & let go - the kid in all of us. Wonderful.
½ December 3, 2016
A film with children as the intended audience yet contains messages that are better suited for adults, Bridge to Terabithia is a very touching and impactful film on multiple levels. Besides the story itself focusing on two kids who grow a close relationship as they explore their imaginations, Terabithia cover a multitude of important topics including religion, sexism, family life, and loss, which make for a lot of heartfelt and emotional moments. Although some events seem a little unrealistic and might not hold up as well in the future, this film still carries plenty of meaning ten years later and is one you'll want to re-watch frequently.
December 2, 2016
An entertaining fantasy.
September 29, 2016
This is yet another movie that I've heard raving reviews about, and was thoroughly disappointed.
Bridge to Terabithia is innocent and cutsey. Two kids who are deprived of love from their parents and are bullied at school, create the fantasy world of Terabithia where they rule a kingdom.
In order to watch this movie, you need some suspension of disbelief. Like why there aren't playground monitors...and why middle school kids are playing pretend.
And the ending...yeah..it left me thinking "...really?"
Honestly, I wouldn't recommend this movie to anyone, and would never watch it again.
½ September 26, 2016
This movie left me crying in bed for a whole afternoon and depressed for four days. It is more of a tragedy than a fantasy movie. But still, it is one of my favorite movies.
September 22, 2016
A magical film about friendship. Very emotional! (First full viewing - In my early twenties)
August 11, 2016
The saddest scene in the film was where the teacher was talking about her dead husband. Apart from that, this film is a major step down from the novel. It is in no way bad, though, just okay.
½ August 7, 2016
Not bad, not great. Fantasy could have gone further. Robb was charming, Hutcherson was not good.
August 4, 2016
cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
June 26, 2016
I liked this. I liked the NZ countryside full of American accents. I'm critical of the manic pixie dream kid and everything that entails!! But the first half is pretty comforting.
½ June 18, 2016
I did NOT like this movie. It was all over the place. First he's swinging on a rope into a forest that he uses his "Imagination" to see everything which doesn't even make sense because the girl can see what he sees in his imagination, but back to the point the movie is all over itself he ha stop find his dad's keys that are miraculously strung to a tree then going on a field trip with only him and his teacher ON A SATURDAY!
June 6, 2016
This movie is fantasy and drama it has good graphics to the movie and it was Beautiful I like how bridge to Terabithia took place in the woods and they had to go across a rope that was cool I think this movie can make you have an imagination of your own world. But this movie is good but made me sad as well.