Brokeback Mountain - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Brokeback Mountain Reviews

½ August 18, 2017
There's an apparent graceful mastery from Ang Lee's direction with a touch of beauty in the score, cinematography, and the performances from the main pair to fire up the dramatic narrative. Unfortunately, the film faltered from the meaningless trigger that affected the storyline because of something that wasn't much developed. Lee's attempt to break barrier by exploring sexuality is decent but should've gone subtle than being abrupt by omitting uncomfortable scenes that acted upon the lack of development towards the said trigger as they're instead invasions of privacy that didn't permitted to be viewed since it came out of the blue with no meaning. Simply, it's good but Ang Lee's attempt to break ground turned against his own film. (B)

(Full review TBD)
½ August 3, 2017
I really don"t get it. I was bored to death throughout this movie.
July 1, 2017
It is the 1st movie in my personal TOP 10 favorite movies. It was so warm and emotional. It had been a long time since I cried in a movie. If I ever had the time and the chance, I would DEFINETELY watch it again.
½ June 25, 2017
Great acting ! A very emotionnal movie about impossible love.
June 24, 2017
A sad movie about forbidden love. i love the soundtrack
June 20, 2017
A very powerful film about love. Jake Gyllenhaal's character wants to be with the person he loves and he doesn't care what anyone else thinks. Heath Ledgers character is also in love, but he is the other side, he doesn't want anyone to know he is gay which fills his life full of regret.
June 20, 2017
A superb romantic drama featuring solid performances, especially from Ledger, and excellent direction from Lee. The complexity of the relationships between various characters, including both physical and emotional, is one of the movie's strengths. Also featuring some beautiful and fitting music, this is my favourite film of 2005. AAN GGWD. 1001
June 6, 2017
a brave film with good performances that leaves you depressed at the end these mens whole lives were wasted living a lie to fit into what society deems the correct way to live its just a waste
½ May 21, 2017
The character development felt a bit weak and some of the time passing felt a bf choppy. Brokeback Mountain redeems itself with stunning scenery and dedicated performances from Ledger and Gyllenhaal. I think the subject matter might have gotten this one a little more acclaim than it deserved, but still a good film
March 15, 2017
great movie to beat your meat to
March 12, 2017
Superb. We need more films like this!
March 9, 2017
This was a film I have thought about watching for some time, but often decided not to. I was not impressed or disappointed. I was not touched or disgusted. It was simply interesting, and slow paced. The emotions run deep. The drama is a bit strong at times. But the acting was brilliant throughout.
February 28, 2017
Pretty tragic love story. Excellently played by the cast all around. Still though, I find it harder to completely sympathize with these guys over their wives.
February 28, 2017
"a beautiful journey with outstanding performances."
February 27, 2017
Cant stand this film i just didn't feel sorry for any of them
February 18, 2017
This is one of those movies you can't say the name and I'm already crying. A tragic and beautiful love story so well acted.
February 17, 2017
RIP heath... even if you were a gay bowboy
½ February 9, 2017
Yep, you knew youd find me here. Words cant describe this film to me its my muse, I love you richard
½ February 5, 2017
For all its technical subtlety, this is a film with zero human subtlety. Everything is shoved - ever so gently - in your face to make sure that you no chance to have (God forbid) your own ideas and interpretation. You will feel the love and the heartbreak, but it feels planned and calculated to within an inch of insulting.
½ December 28, 2016
Why do you need to see this movie?
1-Ang Lee