Bruno - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bruno Reviews

March 19, 2017
It's very funny and does its job as a comedy to make you laugh, but it's extremely crude and disgusting and somewhat offensive content make this a three-star film. If they took out all the nasty scenes and nudity, this would be a better movie.
½ February 26, 2017
"Bruno" has its funny laughs, but this movie is just outrageous and at parts, unwatchable.
½ February 20, 2017
Fuck this movie it's not that funny at all, AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!
February 6, 2017
Cowen's third character-based movie deals with the Austrian homosexual fashionista Bruno. Like Borat, some of it depends on your personal taste threshold. Having said that, it wasn't as controversial as the aforementioned
½ January 22, 2017
It's not funny, it's just being gross to be gross, and Cohen should have known better than to constantly show us his dick instead of actually making us laugh. Want my advice? Keep that thing in your pants an take it out only for your wife since she seems to be the only who can look at it without puking.

I hate this film couldn't even finish it.

"F"
½ January 17, 2017
This guy has balls of steel
January 8, 2017
Not better than Borat but still a comedic Masterpiece from Sasha Baron Cohen.
½ December 31, 2016
It's not a good movie to watch
½ December 15, 2016
Like a Borat but ruder. Funny in places but you find yourself wondering what you watched.
October 4, 2016
Less effective than a prat but still fun
½ October 2, 2016
Bad reviewers tend to have no sense of humor, or are overly sensitive.
September 30, 2016
I don't know I just have that movie in my heart
½ September 17, 2016
Despite the fact that Sacha Baron Cohen really knows how to step up his game when it comes to comedy, I do not think Bruno would be worth another viewing.
September 8, 2016
Laughs galore Guerrilla Comedy! Fans tickets naughty and extremely funny.
August 8, 2016
I don't think I've ever laughed so hard. His definitely has lots of replay value. (I own it)
August 8, 2016
" I am going to be the biggest Austrian celebrity since Hitler"

Of course, this romp never hits the same kind of fresh, grimey and realistic marks as Borat did, but for a second, albeit a slightly less authentic attempt, this is miles better than 'just fine'. Bruno does focus more on gay stereotypes than it does the modelling agency, but with that comes more windows on exposure of self-absorbed real life bigoted people. What you see on screen, a man licking the hairy ginger nipples off another man is somehow less shocking than the reaction from the crowd. It's a very certain type of comedy that Sacha Baron Cohen produces and it is as intriguing as it is gut bustlingly hysterical. When I was not laughing my arse off, I was merely giggling and smiling, allowing a space of breath between each hilarious moment that makes sure to get you each time. Considerably clever.

B+

78/100
August 7, 2016
"Brüno" feels like a lesser outing when compared with Larry Charles and Sacha Baron Cohen's breakthrough "Borat" or the more recent "The Dictator", but remains fairly enjoyable due to some great laughs and the small duration. It's basically some sort of slightly disjointed collection of segments that act like an excuse for gross gags. Not exactly great storytelling, but good fun nevertheless.
August 3, 2016
An amazingly funny masterpiece.
½ July 28, 2016
As funny as it is vile, Bruno is the final installment of Da Ali G Show-character-adaptations. More extreme and shocking but lacking the consistency and charm of Borat. Bruno may be a little too over the top and outrageous to take in at times, but one can't deny its entertainment and not be in awe by Sacha Baron Cohen's nerve and audacity.
jamrcla
July 20, 2016
Really funny and brave comedy, Borat was brilliant this is on par, It's just as shocking and makes you wonder how he got away with most of it.