Bruno - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bruno Reviews

October 4, 2016
Less effective than a prat but still fun
½ October 2, 2016
Bad reviewers tend to have no sense of humor, or are overly sensitive.
September 30, 2016
I don't know I just have that movie in my heart
½ September 17, 2016
Despite the fact that Sacha Baron Cohen really knows how to step up his game when it comes to comedy, I do not think Bruno would be worth another viewing.
September 8, 2016
Laughs galore Guerrilla Comedy! Fans tickets naughty and extremely funny.
August 8, 2016
I don't think I've ever laughed so hard. His definitely has lots of replay value. (I own it)
August 8, 2016
" I am going to be the biggest Austrian celebrity since Hitler"

Of course, this romp never hits the same kind of fresh, grimey and realistic marks as Borat did, but for a second, albeit a slightly less authentic attempt, this is miles better than 'just fine'. Bruno does focus more on gay stereotypes than it does the modelling agency, but with that comes more windows on exposure of self-absorbed real life bigoted people. What you see on screen, a man licking the hairy ginger nipples off another man is somehow less shocking than the reaction from the crowd. It's a very certain type of comedy that Sacha Baron Cohen produces and it is as intriguing as it is gut bustlingly hysterical. When I was not laughing my arse off, I was merely giggling and smiling, allowing a space of breath between each hilarious moment that makes sure to get you each time. Considerably clever.

B+

78/100
August 7, 2016
"Brüno" feels like a lesser outing when compared with Larry Charles and Sacha Baron Cohen's breakthrough "Borat" or the more recent "The Dictator", but remains fairly enjoyable due to some great laughs and the small duration. It's basically some sort of slightly disjointed collection of segments that act like an excuse for gross gags. Not exactly great storytelling, but good fun nevertheless.
August 3, 2016
An amazingly funny masterpiece.
½ July 28, 2016
As funny as it is vile, Bruno is the final installment of Da Ali G Show-character-adaptations. More extreme and shocking but lacking the consistency and charm of Borat. Bruno may be a little too over the top and outrageous to take in at times, but one can't deny its entertainment and not be in awe by Sacha Baron Cohen's nerve and audacity.
jamrcla
July 20, 2016
Really funny and brave comedy, Borat was brilliant this is on par, It's just as shocking and makes you wonder how he got away with most of it.
½ July 6, 2016
One of the stupidest films i have ever seen. It wasn't even stupid-fun.
June 13, 2016
59% Another mockumentary from Sacha Baren Cohen with all of the same recipe as Borat, but short on the most important ingredient. Laughs.
June 7, 2016
The jokes are hit or miss, but it is hilarious.
Basically, Brüno < Borat.
June 5, 2016
Very caustic satire.
½ May 26, 2016
It seems less spontaneous and more over the top than Borat, but much of it is still hilarious and shocking. It nearly starts to take itself too seriously towards the end, but never quite crosses that line.
May 21, 2016
Bruno is a funny comedy that manages to be funny and use social commentary despite some of the story to be similar to Borat
May 16, 2016
I've never laughed as much as I did in this movie
½ May 10, 2016
Borat was better, but this will provide some cringe inducing laughter.
March 15, 2016
For whatever reason, I saw this twice in theaters back in 2009. I thought it was pretty funny then, if a little awkward in places. It also had a weak story, but BORAT had basically the same problem. Now with seven years of perspective, I found it about as funny as I did then, but I watched it with better company this time. A slim majority of the gags hit, but I laughed just as hard at them the third time around. Despite being quite scattershot in its targets until the final act, BRUNO does have some interesting points about the way homosexuals and homosexuality are treated in America. Definitely not for the easily offended, and probably best suited to Sacha Baron Cohen fans.