The Cable Guy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Cable Guy Reviews

August 21, 2017
(4.5 out of 6)
When we can see there is plenty of content on tv that connects us to all of the best entertainment has to offer to connect ourselves to others lives we see all of life's connections with a single click. When we see others have issues establishing a connection more then others when they don't see what to do to get a better connection. When we see its much easier to call someone to establish a connection for us rather doing it ourselves. When we see others have a deeper and stronger connections with what they do then others to see why they have a better connection then others. When we see what we do and who we are others dont usually care to establish a connection with us when it's all business then personal. When we see what others dont see to give a broader point of view to strengthen our connection even better when we are given tips. When we see some connections just happen when we see more then what others see to know we can have a stronger connection if we keep connecting. When we see some connections mean more then others when we are serious and don't want others to stand in our way. When we see that some connections are not there that come and go, disconnect or just turned on and off with a matter of a switch. When we see that others take connection to a perfection that we can't stand a blip. When we see we have a connection with plenty of people but others more when they connect with us on a total different level. When we see that what gets us the greatest connection is whom we give it to the most, on demand and free. When we see that we need to find others sweet spot to establish a connection and get them to commit, that we connect with other connections in order to strengthen our connection. When we see that some connections can be easily bought when some connections come with a price. When we see we can get all access to various spectrums of connections that we can connect with anyone easily. When we see that some connections we receive in civilized places they are established in remote wild places when no one needs to see or be around places where connections are brought to us. When we see the side effects of being too connected with our content that others can't connect with and try to end some connections. When we see that we don't take disconnection lightly that we show disconnection will not be tolerated. When we can easily connect with others and move in on others life that we can't make some connections workout. When we see we can get a connection another way when all we need is force, a bribe,  or something that makes us leave. When we see others have connections everywhere when everyone needs our services to connect. When we see that others fail to connect like others when we are having a good time, our minds are synchronized, and we make ourselves look like a nice guy that others can't help but connect with. When we see that we can connect with just about anything to use against those who can't connect. When we see that others are not who they are when we connect there past to present when they are no longer cable guys for being too serious with their connections. When we see that what we become is the result of a poor childhood of parent abandonment and we only learned life through the TV screen and characters to connect life on screen to real life. When we see some connections we can't have forever we have to live with or die. When we see that the world wants to be connected to knowing what happens next and those who give them that connection they could care less about when there is far too much to connect ourselves with on tv to notice that once we disconnect ourselves from content we can connect to other things we  neglect to connect with like real life, books and relationships.
August 14, 2017
April 14th 2011
June 3rd 2015
August 8th 2017
½ August 5, 2017
It's a great comedy. Dark Toned, but can't deny is a movie to rewatch
½ August 4, 2017
Here's another one of the most underrated movies of all time.
May 16, 2017
Eh not one of Jim`s best films.
May 13, 2017
I didn't like it. The stalker part especially made it creepy for no reason. Larry the cable guy now that was funny
May 2, 2017
Underrated black comedy.
½ April 23, 2017
An awesome comedy from the nineties. One of Jim Carrey's best movies by far. (First full viewing - Summer 2008)
March 6, 2017
You love it or hate it
February 14, 2017
Funny dark comedy, but not so good as look like. Rotten.
February 3, 2017
A laugh-out-loud comedy with a good and creepy performance of Jim Carrey with a side of him being very funny and goofy. Matthew Broderick did a really good job, and they both had pretty decent chemistry. I would say this is Carrey's second best film next to "The Mask".
February 1, 2017
Bit shit. Didn't like this film. Didn't film it funny like the rest of Jim carrey performances. Also has voice gets really old and annoying fast!
January 2, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 11, 2016
i wanna see it again
½ November 13, 2016
One of my fav Jim Carrey comedies. Criminally underrated.
½ November 1, 2016
'Play Misty For Me' remodelled as an often very funny black comedy vehicle for Jim Carrey. Carrey's characteristically manic and inventive performance is perfectly balanced by Matthew Broderick's straightlaced architect, for whom a simple request to fix his cable-TV becomes a succession of increasingly intrusive and unwelcome visits from the deranged and lisping Carrey. Ben Stiller directs energetically and it zips by.
½ October 2, 2016
This movie is interesting, but really not that funny. It's no Dumb and Dumber.
September 30, 2016
Thankfully this underrated classic has gotten more love and attention over the years. It's a genius project. Everyone involved with it are geniuses, led by a Jim Carrey performance for the ages.
September 11, 2016
An ok watchable movie. What kills it is Matthew Broadwick's performance, part of that is that his character is written to be clueless and stupid while the other is that he's not even trying. Honestly Jack Back should've played Steven and Broadwick should've played Rick. Another problem with this movie is the part at Steven's parents house. The acting was bad and everything in there was so cringey, I couldn't stand it. Jim Carrey performance was good in this movie but was not fully utilized.