Calendar Girls - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Calendar Girls Reviews

August 15, 2017
This movie has certainly stood the test of time, although 2003 is hardly ancient history, being only 14 years ago (I am writing as of August 15, 2017). I still love this film!
August 9, 2017
Heart Breaking Hilarious Dark Comedy. Quite Topical.
December 1, 2016
Tositapahtumiin perustuva lämminhenkinen elokuva, kiva tarina. ??
FiLmCrAzY
October 24, 2016
One of my favourite British comedies ever made! If you like the greats of English actors and enjoy a good laugh then this is the movie for you!
October 5, 2016
Very heartwarming and funny, with some of my favorite British actresses as leads.
½ August 8, 2015
Works as a semi-docudrama - or a docu-comic - to spread the story and the contained message to its target audience, while backed-up by a nice cast and supported by the charms and laughs they bring. (B)

(Full review coming soon)
½ August 3, 2015
Funny,touching and sweet even if generic.
July 14, 2015
Julie Walters is BRILLIANT, displaying a wide range of emotions throughout. That being said, why didn't they advertise for a FEmale photographer?
July 8, 2015
She-counterpart of The Full Monty with witty british humor.Nice choice for a evening
May 3, 2015
Calender Girls is a fine example of the kind of comedy only the British is capable of producing. Funny, charming, sensitive and sentimental without belittling the intelligence of the audience. Helen Mirren's comic timing is perfect.
April 26, 2015
A charming comedy with nice performances from Helen Mirren and Julie Waters.
December 29, 2014
Schmaltzy Christmas charm. A chocolate box movievbut with heart and some great actresses. Perfect Dec 25 viewing.
½ December 24, 2014
A better film than you think, for simple family and character stories behind the title name and hype.
½ February 17, 2014
I have seen this before and still it has a feel-good-thing going on. Brilliant ladies, with a twinkle in the eye and bold sense of humor combined with extremely warm heart.
January 2, 2014
British comedy is always interesting to watch. this one is witty, fun & played by a bunch of talented ladies having a ball.
October 20, 2013
Joy. A great British pleasant comedy with a great cast. I got the impression that they all liked working together.
October 19, 2013
An okay movie that doesn't so much end as it does stop.
½ July 24, 2013
Nigel Cole's Calendar Girls isn't as charming, cute and funny as it looks. While the plot has some nice ideas, the writing and the direction were too weak and unworthy of the talent of the cast, which included Helen Mirren in another excellent performance of hers.
½ July 16, 2013
"Older" ladies, women pose nude for a calendar ! Cute, funny, classy, well done !
(there is hope for us ladies over 40 lol)
June 22, 2013
Calendar Girls is a poignant, well-acted tear-jerker based on a true story. Mirren and Walters both portray their characters realistically and emotionally, and the film's script, though The Full Monty-style, is hilariously touching and its highest moments are when Walters and Mirren react to each other. A wonderfully feel-good film that lingers on in the mind long after viewing.