Cellular - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cellular Reviews

February 20, 2017
170219: Outside of Jessica Biel's fashion sense, and good looks, this film is bad, just bad. I mean, I really dislike this film (I hate to use the word hate). What do a bunch of beautiful bodies, and some not so beautiful; and Jason Stratham, all have in common? No acting skills! The secret of this film lies in the cellular technology of the era. In 2004, it was new and exciting. In 2017, it's now old and dated. So, without that thrill, Cellular offers nothing outside of some equally dated, yet still effective (unlike the cells), 45 Smith & Wesson pistols. The funny thing is William H. Macy, who is intended to be goofy, is the only real standout actor in this film. The DVD offers an interesting extra-feature on the cellular technology of the time.
½ January 5, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 1, 2017
Great Film! Very original story, superb writing, and a very professional and phenomenal cast! Please watch this great film. Best film of 2004 in my opinion.
December 17, 2016
Thrilling and entertaining. Better than I expected.
½ September 19, 2016
Fun thriller, the fast pace movie does get silly at times but the absurdity can be overlooked for the overall entertainment value. Got a stellar star cast but not great performance. It's a typical corny action thriller and I enjoyed every minute of it.
½ September 7, 2016
Cellular is a substandard film. It is about a young man who receives an emergency phone call on his cell phone from an older woman. Kim Basinger and Chris Evans give terrible performances. The screenplay is badly written. David R. Ellis did a horrible job directing this movie. I was not impressed with this motion picture.
August 10, 2016
Sure a lot of it was clichà (C), you never actually feared the characters were in danger and some of it was pretty stupid but it was a good distraction.
jamrcla
April 8, 2016
Just an average thriller that tries something a little different but never anything great or memorable, A good cast but not greatly acted, Some good bits but the whole story is predictable and bland at times.
April 2, 2016
Ok film that Kim Basinger over acts in watch out for a bad performance from her.
½ March 2, 2016
It is interesting at first, but unfortunately, there is a lot of unnecessary scenes and scripts. Sad to say, shame.
½ November 1, 2015
Great cast awesome premise with some kickass thrills. Thanks to a young but very engaging Chris Evans the film is lifted from decent action thriller to an awesome hostage underdog story of sorts
October 12, 2015
Good action (for its time) but horrible acting.
½ October 10, 2015
Decent plot. Chris Evans & William H Macy great. Jason Statham playing his default character. Kim Basinger irritating as the damsel in distress.
September 6, 2015
This movie throws you into its highly energetic story in less than two minutes into the movie and never really lets the viewer catch a breath till the end. Held together by a great choice of cast and some thrilling scenes this is an underrated thriller from the 00s.
August 22, 2015
And it only gets that because Chris Evans try's so hard, but no matter how much you polish it it's still gonna be ****
August 6, 2015
A soon forgettable one time fun popcorn action ride.
½ July 7, 2015
I enjoyed every minute. Good performances by Kim Basinger and Jason Statham. Statham really makes the movie.
June 27, 2015
Nice fast and really thrilling
June 25, 2015
Great thriller very enjoyable
June 16, 2015
Chris Evans is not just a handsome man with a body but also a good actor which comes through in this thriller. He steals the show. It's a fairly fast paced movie with twists and turns. Not all scenes are plausible but it is very entertaining nonetheless.