Cellular - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cellular Reviews

½ September 19, 2016
Fun thriller, the fast pace movie does get silly at times but the absurdity can be overlooked for the overall entertainment value. Got a stellar star cast but not great performance. It's a typical corny action thriller and I enjoyed every minute of it.
½ September 7, 2016
Cellular is a substandard film. It is about a young man who receives an emergency phone call on his cell phone from an older woman. Kim Basinger and Chris Evans give terrible performances. The screenplay is badly written. David R. Ellis did a horrible job directing this movie. I was not impressed with this motion picture.
August 10, 2016
Sure a lot of it was clichà (C), you never actually feared the characters were in danger and some of it was pretty stupid but it was a good distraction.
April 8, 2016
Just an average thriller that tries something a little different but never anything great or memorable, A good cast but not greatly acted, Some good bits but the whole story is predictable and bland at times.
April 2, 2016
Ok film that Kim Basinger over acts in watch out for a bad performance from her.
½ March 2, 2016
It is interesting at first, but unfortunately, there is a lot of unnecessary scenes and scripts. Sad to say, shame.
½ November 1, 2015
Great cast awesome premise with some kickass thrills. Thanks to a young but very engaging Chris Evans the film is lifted from decent action thriller to an awesome hostage underdog story of sorts
October 12, 2015
Good action (for its time) but horrible acting.
½ October 10, 2015
Decent plot. Chris Evans & William H Macy great. Jason Statham playing his default character. Kim Basinger irritating as the damsel in distress.
October 10, 2015
It seems Kim Basinger hasn't changed in years. Not older, not younger, just the same. Nothing really stands out here. Been done before.
September 6, 2015
This movie throws you into its highly energetic story in less than two minutes into the movie and never really lets the viewer catch a breath till the end. Held together by a great choice of cast and some thrilling scenes this is an underrated thriller from the 00s.
August 22, 2015
And it only gets that because Chris Evans try's so hard, but no matter how much you polish it it's still gonna be ****
August 6, 2015
A soon forgettable one time fun popcorn action ride.
½ July 7, 2015
I enjoyed every minute. Good performances by Kim Basinger and Jason Statham. Statham really makes the movie.
June 27, 2015
Nice fast and really thrilling
June 25, 2015
Great thriller very enjoyable
June 16, 2015
Chris Evans is not just a handsome man with a body but also a good actor which comes through in this thriller. He steals the show. It's a fairly fast paced movie with twists and turns. Not all scenes are plausible but it is very entertaining nonetheless.
June 12, 2015
Cellular certainly has a few improbable action moments, but it's a tight, kinetic thriller with nice performances from Kim Basinger and Chris Evans. Very entertaining.
April 30, 2015
It hasn't been out too long and i've already seen it about five times. I wouldn't change anything about this movie.
½ April 25, 2015
Cellular is a movie which has always stuck with me and I feel its very unrated. I have watched this movie more times than I can count and it still remains a high octane watch. Whilst I see why it cannot be seen as a thriller of top class, Im talking the over stereotypical characters and corny delivery, its still a witty and fast paced action movie. The plot is intelligent and unique allowing the movie to always go places and remain above pace. Theres a superb cast even if Kim Basinger doesnt provide her best performance and Jason Stathams skills go to waste. The movie suspenseful, energetic and damn right entertaining from start to end. Once victim and hero finally meet you get a warm fuzzy feeling inside and you feel totally satisfied by this excellent popcorn flick.