Charlie's Angels - Full Throttle - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Charlie's Angels - Full Throttle Reviews

June 11, 2016
Unlike it's predecessor, Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle lacks any wit and charm with its mediocre and lazy script, lazy action scenes, and over-reliance on action and special effects. Its original cast including Bernie Mac as Bosley, were wasted on the mediocrity of this god-awful sequel. I feel like the people behind this movie, including McG seemed to forget that this is still based off of the 1970s classic TV show like the previous movie. If the movie didn't suffer from any of these problems, this sequel wouldn't be bad.
May 20, 2016
Based on the 70's TV series but with Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore, Lucy Liu and demi moore in it with just the thought of this cast im sporting a semi
May 15, 2016
One of my least favorite movies of all time. Terrible cast, Confusing plot, dull comedy, only thing thats good about this movie is Shia Lebouf. The action scenes are unrealistic and over the top. A car send off flying 20 feet in the air and they still survive.
April 20, 2016
2016-04-20 seriously improbable, but amusing enough. tons of cameos.
April 6, 2016
Basically take my review of the first Charlie's Angels and apply it here. All the same problems, all the same good stuff. Except I liked this one a little bit more. I think it's because this one is willing to go a lot crazier, and ends up being much more entertaining. You can tell just from the opening action scene, which absolutely bats*** bonkers, exactly what you're in for. This is basically a cartoon. Yes the CGI is dated, but since the insanity of the stunts already require a drastic amount of suspension of disbelief, I guess I didn't mind so much. The comedy elements are a lot better too. There's more from the side characters who I liked from the first one (Luke Wilson and Matt LeBlanc) plus the addition of John Cleese. Bernie Mac replaces Bill Murray in this one, and while I love Bill Murray, it's clear Bernie Mac is having a much more enjoyable time in the role (just read about the behind the scenes drama on the first) and as such he ends up being more enjoyable to watch. They also go further with the angels' quirks, making them funnier. I guess why it works more is whereas the first movie seemed to try to balance between the goofiness and realism, this one goes full shameless goofiness, and that made it more enjoyable. Is it a great movie? Hell no, I don't even know if I can even call it a good movie. However, for what it is, it's harmless fun.
February 29, 2016
The second Charlie's Angels isn't worse but is about as bad as the first. It has this ambition to set itself up as a successful film series, but it fails at its attempts at broadening horizons and creating an engaging universe. Plus the story is pretty bad too.
The Charlie's Angels team is back at it again, encountering threats to the President, Demi Moore as a crazed ex Angel, and revenge from Dylan's (Drew Barrymore) gang leader ex boyfriend. And Bernie Mac plays Bill Murray's brother in this one - the fim openly tends to hint about Murray.
The Charlie's Angels series doesn't have much actual logic to it, it's action lover eye candy at its worst. The second one, although it has better attempts at making a story and an obvious attempt at making a film universe out of it, is bombarded with cheesy visuals, still terrible acting, and a fondness for constant, unneeded cameos. A key aspect the film needs is to at least be fun - of course, it isn't. The film is so fast paced and brainless that it leaves you with literally nothing walking out of it. I have a feeling even lovers of the original film will be left disappointed by the mediocracy of the sequel. Once again, Charlie's Angels is terrible.
February 14, 2016
Decisamente sottotono rispetto allo spumeggiante primo capitolo.
Più banalità  e meno genialità .
December 27, 2015
12/26/2015: Not a great film, but still entertaining to watch.
December 14, 2015
worst than the first one...
July 23, 2015
Lo mejor de toda la pelicula era su soundtrack
June 9, 2015
Hi ya!!!!! Whack!!! Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle takes the silliness of the first movie and aggrandizes it to the fullest extent. There are moments so preposterous (like, for example, Demi Moore flying. Yes. That happens......) that even I had to sit back, laugh and go "WAIT. REALLY? REALLY??!!"

And yet, I still loved it. Like I said about the first movie, YOU CAN'T TAKE CHARLIE'S ANGELS SERIOUSLY. Of course it's dumb. Of course the plot is confusing and stupid. And yet I think I enjoyed this one more than the first film.

It's sexier and more stylish and badass (and very funny, too). If you hate dim-witted movies then skip Full Throttle. If you just want to have a harmless fun time at the movies, check it out!
½ March 29, 2015
A fun action comedy if you go in not expecting anything deep.
March 8, 2015
For whatever reason, I has never seen this one. I loved all the others and I think this was the best. Fun cameo by the real Kelly. A fun cast all around.
½ February 8, 2015
Hasta la exageración tiene sus límites
January 29, 2015
Incredibly stupid would be one thing, but Full Throttle is just boring as hell. Full review later.
½ January 19, 2015
The original was better.
½ January 15, 2015
There's some eye candy for sure, but Charlie's Angels feels like a washed-up or toned-down action comedy.
January 13, 2015
As if the first film wasn't embarrassing enough, Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle is even more shameless. Director McG cranks the exploitation dial up to 11; as the action scenes are ridiculously idiotic and the sexual gratuity is out-of-control. Additionally, the plot is incredibly convoluted and the characters are poorly written. The green screen effects and wire work are also extremely bad, making the action scenes laughable. Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle is an abysmal film that's unbelievably awful.
January 11, 2015
I would have rated it lower, but it starts to cross the line between absurd and entertainingly absurd.