CHIPS - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

CHIPS Reviews

August 14, 2017
I'm surprised more people didn't like this one. Tons of laughs and a decent story line.
August 13, 2017
I don't know what all these critics are talking about!
My husband and I absolutely loved it. Thought it was hilarious.
August 13, 2017
Could have done without the nudity.
August 13, 2017
loved this. Sax did an amazing directing job
August 10, 2017
I really don't understand all these bad reviews. This movie was so much fun. Action packed and funny ! People get a life will ya. definitely recommend this movie !!!
August 10, 2017
It takes a sure hand to successfully mix genres. If the recipe is off, the resulting film can seem schizophrenic, and that's certainly the case here. CHIPS tries to mix R-rated raunchy slapstick with high-grade action. As a comedy, its straight-up awful, with none of the gags working. But, as an actioner it absolutely has its moments. More action and less comedy would have made this a film worth watching.
August 9, 2017
Dumb. It had a few funny moments, but no enough.
½ August 9, 2017
Not the best written movie. Occasional funny parts, but it wasn't that great.
2 - meh, dumb cop movie with motorcycle stunts and stupid subplots
August 8, 2017
Very good movie has a lot of action and funny rented from Netflix
August 8, 2017
"It's good for a one time laugh"

So the movie is basically about a pro FED from Mexico acted by Michael Pena very famous for his acting in the movies the Martian and shooter so he joins forces with a newbie cop acted by Dax Shepard both in California highway patrol for the investigation of a heist that involves some corrupt cops
To say about the story it's not that great as we have come across lots of movies with this kind of stories and the comedy element really works out for this movie so if we want to keep all the seriousness aside and have a good laugh this movie is the choice
When talking about the action in this it does have those elements here and there with a pinch of laugh always as it involves bikes cars helicopters etc.
So the plot involves quite a bit of action, lots of funny scenes especially Dax shepard when he says jokes without knowing its funny makes us roll with laughter and I even like the combo between Micheal and Dax.
This movie is an 18+ as there are some nude scenes,
Notable Good acting
Dax Shepard for his spontaneous joke elements
Vincent d'onofrio known for his acting in daredevil tv series and men in black
Michael Pena for his combo with Dax Shepard
Rosa Salazar known for her acting in the movies maze runner scorch trails and insurgent even if she had a small role in this movie she was noticed out for her tomboy skills
Kristen Bell known for frozen and the tv series veronica mars she brings out her own funny elements in this movie to make us laugh out loud
Genre: Action, Comedy and Crime
My Rating: 7/10
August 6, 2017
It was ok, nothing really like the tv show.
½ August 6, 2017
it was a bit awkward to start with but majority of the jokes weren't that funny. there were a few that hit but most were hit and miss and the actiom was very slow.
August 6, 2017
A little heavy on virtue signaling and very short on police procedural or common sense. Still, once I checked my brain and went along for the ride, there were many funny bits. For fans of the original shows, Estrada was wasted. The party-time Ponch would have been fun to watch playing against his party type. Pinch as a hard-ass, ball-busting watch commander would have been way more fun than (what appeared to be) a list minute add-on scene as a paramedic.
August 6, 2017
This movie surprised me! It was a funny adaptation of a serious TV show! I really can't believe how much of prune you have to be not to enjoy it for what it is! No it is not Dances With Wolves or the Titanic people it is a Comedy!
½ August 4, 2017
Lowsy.... this piece of shit buried the original characters memory. Won´t waste my time to see this garbage
August 4, 2017
I had higher hopes for this movie because I love Dax Shepard and Michael Pena. But the jokes in the movie were not all that funny to me.
August 3, 2017
Not sure what the viewers were expecting that gave it such bad scores. Not as fun as Starsky and Hutch or Lethal Weapon but a passable buddy/cop movie.
August 3, 2017
A maverick motorbike racer reeling from a divorce named Jon Baker (Dax Shepard) and a California Highway Patrol cop (Michael Pena) who's secretly an FBI operative must overcome their personality clash and work together to uncover a major theft. It is good, not great, (thanks to its juvenile, often inappropriate humour) but still better than expected.
August 2, 2017
Adult humor! Had a great time watching this movie. Very amusing, fun stunts and adult humor. I would watch it again. Laughed my butt off!