Clear and Present Danger - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Clear and Present Danger Reviews

December 3, 2016
The plot is not overly interesting or necessarily engaging but it's a decent action flick with a involving performance from Harrison Ford.
½ November 26, 2016
The second Jack Ryan film for Harrison Ford, a government thriller from Tom Clancy, Clear and Present Danger was a fun watch. I love these type of films where there is a government official or several breaking the law and it's down to one man to fix it or lose everything. Harrison Ford is great along with the rest of the cast. This film lost me though about halfway through when things started to develop. I wasn't sure how Ryan cracked the code that it was who it was. I will have to watch it it again but it didn't take away from me enjoying it. I should have watched Patriot Games first though.
September 8, 2016
Solid and entertaining. It's worth watching if you like spy thrillers.
July 27, 2016
***
It's not as good as the previous Jack Ryan movie, Patriot Games, but Clear and Present Danger still benefits from the fantastic performance given by Harrison Ford, and also the performance of Willem Dafoe in a supporting role.
½ June 18, 2016
Although the pacing is off at times and Willem Dafoe has not nearly as much screen time as he should, the Jack Ryan series continues with visceral action, solid performances and is, in general, a very grounded movie.

B
June 3, 2016
good actioner & sequel
June 2, 2016
I need to see this again when I'm not experiencing the worst migraine of my life.
May 30, 2016
Probably my favorite Jack Ryan movie as it was all downhill from here. Sure it's a little long and there are some cheesy lines, but Harrison Ford is a king and there's some solid action.
½ May 21, 2016
"Clear and Present Danger" feels very vanilla to me. I guess that Tom Clancy stories just aren't my thing. I have always had an interest in spy movies, particularly the "Mission: Impossible" series, but Clancy's stories have more emphasis on politics than on the missions and that's where they lose me. I love a great political thriller and I love a great spy movie, but the Jack Ryan movies are somewhere in the middle. They put me to sleep (particularly "The Hunt for Red October") and I find my attention waning, regardless of how interesting the plot may be. This is no reflection of the impeccable acting of Harrison Ford, Willem Dafoe, and James Earl Jones as they properly portray every emotion of their characters. The fault is in the story that focuses around the Colombian drug cartel, which is such an overused stereotype, and the long transitions between action scenes that continually slow the pace. I do have to compliment the script on subtly painting the president as a sleazebag. Rather than portraying him as a bad guy from the start, the story makes us question whether we agree with him or hate his actions for the majority of the film. I wouldn't say that "Clear and Present Danger" is a bad film. It doesn't do much for me but fans of political stories will probably enjoy it.
½ May 16, 2016
soooooooo boring....
March 23, 2016
C+
Poor storyline, bad acting, overrated movie
½ February 28, 2016
A really good movie with action and suspense. Good acting by Harrison Ford and a great plot.
February 25, 2016
La OTRA gran película basada en el personaje de Jack Ryan junto a La Caza del Octubre Rojo, e interpretada por un Harrison Ford en estado de gracia que toma la batuta de Alec Baldwin. Ha sido el único que ha interpretado dos veces al personaje de Tom Clancy, por algo será. Ojito también con Willen Dafoe, que aparece poco, pero cuando lo hace roba cada plano.

Phillip Noyce no es John McTiernan, y eso es palpable en la dirección sin embargo Peligro Inminente es uno de esos thrillers noventeros que son pura delicia de ver, con un guión bien trabajado, y una forma de ser trepidantes pero no excesivos, que ya se ha olvidado. Sí la trama es épica, pero es realista hasta cierto punto y esto hace que podamos indentificarnos más con Ryan, un personaje muy alejado de los James Bonds o Jason Bournes. ESO es lo que hace tan interesante al personaje, su humanidad y "simpleza". Ryan piensa, y luego actúa, Su hábitat es un despacho rodeado de informes, no un éxito paradero y eliminando enemigos con sus manos.

Peligro inminente es una de esas joyas de los noventa.
February 18, 2016
I have always enjoyed the Jack Ryan films, and I think this is the better of the 2 that star Harrison Ford. I love the way we have 2 intersecting stories going on, and it takes time for Jack to realize everything that is going on behind his back. It makes for some interesting debate because we see the effectiveness of the war on the drug cartels, but we also recognize what it will mean for our protagonist if the truth is revealed. All the intertwining motives and plots worked well, and I always followed what was happening even though they didn't spend large chunks of the film explaining it to the audience. Henry Czerny is brilliantly cast as the weasel who is basically the anti-Jack Ryan. I love their limited interactions and how you can see they mix about as well as oil and water. I also think any movie with James Earl Jones gets just a little better simply because he's there. Perhaps my favorite member of the cast, though, is Willem Dafoe. I really enjoy him as the good guy for a change, and his devotion to his team feels so genuine. Naturally, Harrison Ford is also brilliant, and I always like seeing him this passionate about a role (something he seems to have lost in recent years.)

My favorite scenes in Clear and Present Danger are when Jack and his team are working to piece together clues about who is involved and what is going on. Those scenes feel like they are out of a mystery/thriller movie, which is a genre that I love. Also the action sequences are intense and exciting, particularly the ambush in a remote Colombian alley. I do have issues with some of the pacing in the film. There are moments where we know certain things and they spend a little too long dwelling on that aspect so it can be revealed to more characters. I also wish the film could have continued and shown us how the trials unfolded, and whether the actual crooks got their comeuppance. But I can overlook these relatively minor glitches in an otherwise solid film. If you haven't seen any of the Jack Ryan films, this is a fine one that I can highly recommend.
December 29, 2015
Watching this movie was like having my eyes and ears raped
December 28, 2015
Willem Defoe and Harrison Ford have a competition to see who can impersonate the hardest hard wood. Avoid this cheesy feeble America wins the drug war film at all costs.
December 19, 2015
Han Solo and Darth Vader team up in an exciting and captivating political thriller.
½ December 13, 2015
Clear and Present Danger is a compelling and fiery thriller that displays the brutality of the drug cartel and the grimy politics and corruption that is all too common in Washington. The most powerful part of the movie is when Harrison Ford stares the two men that ordered a hit on him in the face before he enters the Oval Office and tells the President "I don't dance."
½ December 5, 2015
Clear and Present Danger is the third entry in the Jack Ryan film series and is every bit as good as the last Jack Ryan film to star Harrison Ford, Patriot Games.
½ October 21, 2015