Collateral - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Collateral Reviews

October 19, 2016
May be the greatest Tom Cruise film ever!
½ September 28, 2016
Tom Cruise is excellent as his turn as a villain for once in a movie. Micheal Mans great direction and the exquisite shots make this film a must see and damn near a perfect movie. I really enjoyed this one, I just really wish Jason Statham and Javier Bardem were not relegated to essentially cameos in here, missed opportunity for sure
½ September 20, 2016
A good movie with some decent performances. Cruise is the bad guy for this film but up until the end, your are rooting for him. Foxx is pretty good as innocent cabbie drawn into the situation. Overall a pretty entertaining movie.
September 16, 2016
A very well made thriller and I felt emotions at the end and that is s good sign.
½ September 10, 2016
Some well written characters with well written dialogue.
September 7, 2016
Great dialogue, great action, 2 main characters with depth, there's nothing more you could ask for in an action movie.
½ August 22, 2016
Four and a half stars hands down! We see two A List actors step out of their normal roles to prove just how versatile they truly are. Jamie Foxx, well known for his comedy made this movie worth watching! He proved he's not just a comedian by showing a serious side and Tom Cruise showed just how much of a bad boy he can be as a relentless hit man on the prowl. Go see it, enough said!
August 14, 2016
The only movie I watched and thought Tom Cruise is a bad ass
August 11, 2016
Tom Cruise in an unforgettable role stars as a hitman who jumps into the cab of a middle-aged black male (Jaime Foxx in a career performance) and forcibly rents the cab for the night holding the driver hostage. Along the way, Cruise assassinates his victims and soon learn that he is eliminating witnesses set to testify at a high profile trial. Pinkett-Smith is equally good as a passenger who strikes up conversation with cab driver Foxx. This action flick is choreographed suspense that makes Hollywood movies fun and exciting again. Wonderfully directed by Michael Mann.
August 7, 2016
A tightly directed game of cat and mouse that showcases one of Tom Cruise's brilliant but rare villain performances.
½ August 6, 2016
Awesome film. Cruise is a great hitman. See it.
August 3, 2016
Tom Cruise jadi villain. Porsi action ga terlalu banyak tapi pendalaman karakter Jamie Foxx sama Cruise memang oke. Konsentrasinya ke situ.
July 31, 2016
Contendo uma pegada Dark e noir, Collateral tem uma direção incrível,uma filmagem e fotografia excelentes e uma atuação sensacional de Tom Cruise.
July 28, 2016
Supporting a great performance from both Jamie Foxx and Tom Cruise, Collateral is a perfect example of how to make an effective and thought provoking thriller.
½ July 17, 2016
I am surprised that I never head about this movie bro fore. The story was exciting. Totally worth watching. Life is short. Improvise.
½ July 15, 2016
Collateral is a movie about a cab driver who unknowingly takes a hit-man as in his cab, but soon realizes that his life is in danger and must survive the night. Tom Cruise gives a great performance and there is intense action throughout. Overall, a great looking film with excellent direction and terrific performances.
½ July 11, 2016
One of the best films by Michael Mann.
July 10, 2016
Still remains the epitome of cool on film (and digital too), remaining unparalleled until Drive.
July 8, 2016
This was an interesting Tom Cruise vehicle. It's just cerebral enough to hold my attention. It's just believable enough to keep me from hitting the "stop" button. All the action was filmed very well, all the driving was filmed just right as well. Everything was filmed just right. The production is really high quality of course, exactly what you expect from a film starring Tom Cruise, but also the camerawork was not shoddy. And shoddy camerawork can happen to anyone's film. What drags this film down is the cliches. Everything that happens is cliche. Not entirely formulaic, but enough that the cliches are all seated nicely in their rows in the theatre of formula and that it really gets very boring really quick. You watch because it's fascinating, not because it's entertaining. Like watching a train wreck in slow motion. 3/5