Collateral - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Collateral Reviews

May 26, 2018
Collateral is sharp entertainment with excellent performances from Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx!
May 18, 2018
Probably the best thriller I have ever seen. This film is quite simply a masterpiece. Perfect cinematography, excellent direction and writing, this movie probably delivers the best performances of Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx's career.
½ April 29, 2018
Watching now... Cruise and Foxx need better managers this is a b movie at best not worthy of either of these fine actors. VERY DISAPPOINTED
April 27, 2018
great movie, maybe my favorite tom cruise movie....
½ April 25, 2018
I watched it because it was certified fresh but man do I regret it. my brother and I laughed at how bad it is. The movie was slow and boring.
April 9, 2018
Jamie fox always makes for a great supporting role
April 4, 2018
Smart, funny, thrilling, unpredictable.
February 24, 2018
1001 movies to see before you die.
½ February 11, 2018
Had some real potential with the interesting camera work and noir visuals - but the plot is just so incredibly boring and the characters so un-inspiring.
February 2, 2018
The setup is simple but it ends up being more complex than the plot leads you to believe. It's refreshing to see Tom Cruise play the villain, and very convincingly, as the killer-for-hire who's cunning and ruthless in his work. Equally, if not more refreshing, is Jamie Fox's first serious role as a timid cab driver who eventually stands his ground against Cruise. The dialogue exchange between characters is sharp and thoughtful, while the backdrop of the Los Angeles night scene is a subtly beautiful setting that sets a tone for this thriller.
January 13, 2018
this ain't any of your business..

Collateral

With an interesting premise, highly packed content and a big star cast it starts off light and easy but doesn't hold enough grip to hold the audience.
January 4, 2018
Really disappointed by this predictable, simplistic and amateur movie. Reinforced our dislike of Tom Cruise, Jamie Fox and Jada Pinkett Smith as overpaid big name no talents. Hubby and I wanted to stop watching almost from the first few minutes. What a waste of $2.99 and almost two hours of our evening.
½ January 3, 2018
Collateral is one of my favorite movies! This movie is very interesting and very suspenseful. Both Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx deliver terrific performances and their interaction is riveting to watch! This is a brilliantly directed action thriller and a must-see for every film fan.
October 16, 2017
Stunning cinematography of L.A. nightlife and Michael Mann's brilliant direction prove that this character study won't soon be forgotten, while being matched with remarkable performances from Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx.
October 3, 2017
Very enjoyable. It had some tense parts and a few parts that make you think. It's all well done and worth watching. I did think it was one of those movies that was just barely R and really didn't need to be if it only had a few tweaks.
½ September 30, 2017
Four and a half stars hands down! We see two A List actors step out of their normal roles to prove just how versatile they truly are. Jamie Foxx, well known for his comedy made this movie worth watching! He proved he's not just another comedian by showing a serious side and Tom Cruise showed just how much of a bad boy he could be as a relentless hit man on the prowl. Go see it, enough said!
September 26, 2017
viewed on 14/8/04 (Sat)

The storyline sounds boring. A one-night road trip of two guys? How much drama can you pack in? I was rather doubtful. But I go ahead since it is made by Michael Mann and stars Tom Cruise.

I always find Mr Cruise is a very hardworking actor. His commitment to his profession is evident. He is really good in the show. Not that he plays a bad guy but he comes across convincingly as a seeming cold-blooded killer with some humanity. Jamie Foxx is surprisingly very good, almost stealing the show just by playing a good guy. I can imagine Denzel Washington playing his role but Jamie is just as fine.

What I like most about the movie is that I believe it is shot using a handycam. But the film is processed so professionally that it ends up looking neither like a home video nor what we usually see in a movie. It gives a rather refreshing visual experience.

The script is cleverly written, posing many thought-provoking questions. Is it pathetic if we hold to a dream that takes years and years to fulfill? Is it worth going against your conscience to earn some big bucks? How much courage a cab driver needs to like a lawyer and go all out for her? Is there a difference between a killer and a war or a massacre? And what really a man's death amount to in a city void of feelings?

Expected Rating: B+
Rating: B+
September 24, 2017
Still remains the epitome of cool on film (and digital too), remaining unparalleled until Drive.
September 19, 2017
Best Michael Mann film yet. Perfect acting from Tom, he fits the character really good.
August 30, 2017
An absolute thrill ride from start to finish. Endlessly interesting characters, suspensful conversation scenes, white knuckle action sequences and one of Tom Cruises best performances made a small thriller like Collateral feel like a crazy wild journey that deserves to be watched.