Collateral Beauty - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Collateral Beauty Reviews

½ April 28, 2017
Its a good thing I don't always listen to critics when choosing what movies to watch. I loved this movie. Although I expected a "Scrooge" outcome the ending was a bit more of a twist. I have to admit, I have always been a great Will Smith fan. He has the ability to honestly portray and make be believe most any part he plays.

Basically a story of how even the best of us can be turned around in life by loss of a loved one. If you think that's hokey, then you haven't known many people in your lifetime yet. Yes, it's a tear jerker, as life many times is, but I think all the cast members did a wonderful job in showing us all their different life struggles and how they were interwoven. If you want to watch real life stories instead of Comic book characters you will enjoy this.
April 28, 2017
Recommended Watch

Finally got to see this amazing movie. My favorite actor is Will Smith
with impeccable acting. Every actor played their role very well. It is
a recommended as a must watch. This movie is put it on no. 2 after
'Pursuit of Happ'y'ness'.
April 27, 2017
A touching, yet somewhat confusing character drama, Collateral Beauty is a compelling film about love and reconciliation. To save their firm from collapsing three managers collaborate to hire a group of actors to play Death, Time, and Love, and confront their dysfunctional CEO who is grief stricken from the death of his daughter and has written to them out of desperation. Starring Will Smith, Edward Norton, Kate Winslet, Michael Pena, and Keira Knightley, the film features an incredibly strong cast; however their performances are pretty middling. And there are a few plot holes and reveals that don't quite make sense. Still, the story takes some interesting turns and plays against conventional stereotypes. While it's not as clever as it thinks it is, Collateral Beauty is an entertaining and heartfelt film.
½ April 26, 2017
what a sad and beautiful movie about one man's struggle with accepting the fact that his daughter and company are both died and that he has to be able to let go and start living again. but also how total strangers can show and guide you. very well storyline and Will Smith is aqesome in this film.
½ April 26, 2017
I have to think the actors in this movie signed on without seeing the script. Because the script is just...bizarre. It is so convoluted and dumb. The movie is pretty boring too. Will Smith is so toned down you want to check and make sure he is breathing. This is just all wrong. I was watching it on a plane and almost took my headphones off to stare into space instead.
April 26, 2017
Interesting film with a good cast and some interesting themes, similar in places to that of the Christmas Carol. One of Will Smith's better recent performances
April 26, 2017
I enjoy the original concept. It give me a feeling about love, time , and death
April 25, 2017
Emotional. Not the best out there. But common...25%????
I think they earn more for that acting. Will Smith's tears and the music, it was all there. I never cry but had a big lump to swallow.
April 25, 2017
Enjoyable. Don't understand the bashing about the plot. Found it really good an engaging.
April 24, 2017
This movie will give you a glimpse into how the Universe works. The force of Love IS the fabric of all life.
April 24, 2017
Proof that you can't always go by what the critics say. Heartfelt and great acting from the all star cast. Will Smith in particular, in one stand-out scene delivered the best acting performance he's ever done
April 23, 2017
This is why I don't take critic reviews to heart.
It was amazing.
From the acting, to the writing, to the message of it all; I was reminded of how great films can be.
½ April 23, 2017
turrible, wtf is wrong with Hulk and Deadshot. Dr. Banner actually doing doctor like things trying to save someone's life
April 23, 2017
A movie with so much potential ruined by the Hollywood recipe of making movies. It could have been so much better had it been an indie film.

I would still recommend this movie to people struggling with grief. There are some insights to be had.
April 23, 2017
One of Will Smith's best. A movie that truly touched my heart.
April 23, 2017
Not sure why all the hate. Well acted, good lineup of actors, pretty good story. I would recommend. Not really awards worthy but better than the ones that got them!!
April 22, 2017
Critics you got this movie WRONG. This was a great movie. Stop "hating" on Will Smith.
April 21, 2017
meh. just not that good of a movie. the characters were so shallow. story was really bad too.
½ April 21, 2017
This picture is delicious if you like drama. It helped me to make better sense from death. It's the first picture that I have ever watched where a valuable person was lost and I didn't feel like crying. I felt overwhelmed with joy. Thanks.