Collateral Beauty - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Collateral Beauty Reviews

½ August 18, 2017
3.5/5.0 stars - Grade: B-
August 16, 2017
Literally only reason this has two stars is the cast performances are terrific, especially Will Smith, he was incredible. Everything else was terrible.
August 14, 2017
This movie was very good. The actors were amazing and the plot was so beautifully sweet. I loved this movie and I think everyone should go see it. ( But I does swear so it's PG-13 )
½ August 13, 2017
Script and continiuty is not good
August 12, 2017
I love a movie that's so emotional I need tissues.
August 12, 2017
Exceptional and thought provoking!
½ August 12, 2017
I know the "critics" slammed this movie. I am not sure what they were expecting but I found it a touching and emotional film that grabbed my heartstrings and held them and my attention throughout the whole movie. I saw some of it coming but not all. I will be buying this one. And the critics are just wrong.
August 11, 2017
Exceptional move. As someone who has lost a child the movie captures perfectly the feelings of loss and pain and the coming out the other side. It makes you crazy.
August 11, 2017
Here's will smith making you cry again
August 11, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed this film. This was not a hallmark film, this was a film that put words and actions to the pain and anger associated with grief. I absolutely remember a time in my own life, walking blindly into the busy streets, because I was not going to commit suicude, but if I happen to get struck by a car then "oh well" I also know the outrage that comes when people say foolish things like "God needed another angel in heaven".. so this movie mattered to me, it never neatly wrapped up the pain and floundering that comes with the early and unfair loss of a loved one, but it did ask me to pause and consider the collateral beauty, and I immediately saw it in my own life. It's been seven years, and the life and death of my husband has changed my vision. I cherish life and those around me in a way I never did before
August 11, 2017
I recently saw this on HBO and I LOVED this movie, it made me think and it made me cry. I then saw what the critics said. It made me wonder what other movies I might like they are ravaging. Do they all have to find some movie with big names to criticize so they can say great things about mediocre ones. I don't get it. I am glad I stumbled upon this movie.
August 11, 2017
Simply Amazing. You have to watch it to find out why
August 10, 2017
I went into this film not knowing it was a Christmas Carol like film. Will Smith gave a heartwarming truthful performance and the cast gave it all they had with him. Great movie will watch it again.
August 10, 2017
just saw it for the second time on HBO and don't understand the negative reviews. I thought it was beautifully acted and the cast was very well suited to their roles.
August 10, 2017
Will Smith's character, a businessman who searches for answers to the loss of his child, does a great job showing the difference of a happy man (although brief) and then a sad and beaten man trying to keep existing.

Such a lighthearted movie intertwined with sadness and hope. Also a well casted movie. I feel like I could watch the movie many times and get something different from it every time. Each entity brought such passion to the roles. As the main character is so angry at Death, Love and Time, the same entities show the same passion, and anger back at times.

As we see Death, Love and Time interact with the different characters I am reminded of Dickens A Christmas Carol. It does not end quite the same as this movie has a different and some what confusing twist. Which brings me to my only fault...did Will Smith character forget his wife completely? Did I miss something explaining how he did forget her?

A wonderful movie with great complex thoughts that bring such powerful feelings and hopefulness. May end up a cult classic one day...maybe.
August 10, 2017
I accidentally caught the last half of this movie and it nailed me to the couch. I then had to DVR it so that I could see the entire thing. I can not believe this rating on Rotten Tomatoes. The reviewers have to be millenniums because this movie is linear and very heart-wrenching. It seems like all anyone wants anymore is CG, shooting, super heroes and rapid fire shots so you can't follow anything. I am almost positive they would give Casablanca a 10% rating. This movie is about the death of a child and the grieving that follows. Anyone that has experienced a sudden death of a loved one would get this movie. That is if they had a heart! This movie touched me and made me cry. I felt Will Smith's pain in my own chest. I guess you would have to actually be able to see "the collateral beauty" all around us to understand it.
August 9, 2017
Perhaps the most expensive and elaborate pitch meeting in the industry's history, which simultaneously communicates abstract thematic concepts, only to rewrite itself in order to deliver at least one generally solid twist out of such convoluted putty.
August 8, 2017
Great cast, And a heartfelt perfect date night movie. That's sure to leave a lump in your throat. A solid performance. I'm giving Collateral Beauty a thumbs up
August 8, 2017
It's been awhile since I cried so hard I choked... I feel sorry for all the haters that have no heart.
½ August 8, 2017
A beautiful, deeply moving film about our reaction to the three deciding factors in our lives, love, time and death, and how we handle all three. I loved the emotional depth of this film that sort of takes you through a catharsis in your journey through the roughest times of our lives. Powerfully acted by an excellent cast, this is a movie that deserved better from critics