Collateral Beauty - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Collateral Beauty Reviews

November 11, 2018
Wife and I loved it! Surprised it got such terrible ratings. Even if it was predictable, it was still great.
November 9, 2018
I can't believe it was so down rated.

Every now and then I find a gem that tickles and moves me and reminds me that I must be different. Being moved by this movie and coming here to see what other films were written by this writer and directed by this director... And to see the critics decimate the movie that I just adored. Perhaps that is the meaning of movie love. I don't see their criticisms and I saw beauty. I saw beauty.
November 7, 2018
This movie was great for a good girls night in if you're just not feelin it. I enjoyed seeing top actors playing roles they're not usually accustomed with. This movie made me bawl and it's just what I needed to get those tears out.
October 27, 2018
interesting, lots of drama and quite a tear jerker
October 20, 2018
Great idea and acting, but the development of the story and characters could be better. Also, the ending was not well made. But the philosophy behind the story is really important.
October 1, 2018
great film, watched it on a plane, cried so hard at the end. raw emotion and will smith smashes it as his reclusive depressed character. a refreshing contrast to the fresh prince we all know
½ September 24, 2018
This was certainly not an easy movie to watch. It was pretty much heartbreaking. But the depth of the loss, the extremely difficult positions the other characters find themselves in (and cynics, it's not just about the money), the quality of the acting and the tiny ray of hope that comes at the very end. It was brave of this movie to tackle this period of mourning. Most movies only show the loss or use the loss as the character's backstory long after it's faded. Very few show this bleak pooint.
September 5, 2018
Me ha gustado más de lo que me esperaba. Me daba pereza verla porque no me gustan los dramas, pero está bien, se deja ver
August 31, 2018
Will Smith was brilliant. Though the critics have there opinion Will Smith was brilliant.
½ August 14, 2018
a great movie about greiving, death, life and love. im still not sure about the "collateral beauty" or the ending but i enjoyed the rest :)
August 6, 2018
For people who lost a love , is intersting..
August 4, 2018
I loved this movie !!! A #10 on my Awesome~ness meter !!! ??
August 4, 2018
Una de las peores peliculas que he visto lately.
July 26, 2018
It tries to solve the impossible to solve, and it's not so deep as it presumes about (even less than in the trailer), but, in the way, you have a matter to work with.
½ July 12, 2018
I saw this a while ago and didn't really leave an impression. Seem to remember enjoying it but not enough to give it more than 2.5 stars.
July 9, 2018
The writer was just plain lazy and failed to show the depth of all characters and complexity of the whole story of grief. It had so so much potential to be a great film but just collapsed.
July 8, 2018
It's a bad film but it's very generic. It has everything yet it comes up bit boring ... It's not a rom com or a romantic film yet more drama, sad sad drama ... watch or not ... the choice is yours ...
June 21, 2018
I loved this movie because it did not belittle death the way that others tend to do. The ending was perfect because there was no one pretending they were perfectly fine. My favorite line from the movie was "you lost a child, you will never be okay." To me this line makes perfect sense. My sister and I went to go see this movie and as people who have both lost someone important in our lives this movie explained exactly how we feel. You are never perfectly fine and all healed after someone dies in your life and this movie said that. It also said that time moves forward and so must those left behind. There is also the idea that just because someone is gone physically does not mean the are gone. i also liked the idea where the three characters thought they were helping Howard, but really they were the ones who needed the help, giving rise to the idea that everyone has something they are running from. I do not think this was a feel good movie meant to uplift people because that is not how death works. Death is wounding and leaves a scar on the people it touches for the rest of their lives and that is what this movie says. Yes, that person may be in heaven and a better place, but they are still not here holding your hand and that is what death is about. It is okay to feel these feelings and you do not just "get over" someone dying and live a happy healed life. You live, but there is still a mark on your life from that death. This movie sends that message perfectly.
June 12, 2018
Intelligent. Thought provoking. Beautiful!
May 20, 2018
This was a great movie. Ive watched it three times.