Colossal - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Colossal Reviews

½ August 20, 2017
I thought this premise was absurd and watching the trailer didn't see much potential in it but in some weird way, director Nacho Vigalondo puts so much wit and thought-provoking material into the absurd surface of it that it becomes endlessly emotional and satisfying. One of the weirdest and most fun films of the year.
August 20, 2017
"Hang on, let me look this up and see if it's something more than 'the monsters are inside them'........ nope, that's really it."
August 19, 2017
Fabulously quirky story which could have been a stunning movie - I just didn't find the main leads believable at all as a drunk and a bad guy. It was a shame because I really wanted to like it more.
½ August 19, 2017
Great movie! I enjoyed it.
August 19, 2017
Well this was an odd film to say the least. The trailer did come across as something that was a brand new take on the monster movie, which for the most part works. There's not much backstory as to the why its all happening but that doesn't really matter, just take it for what it is. Its not a film to be taken seriously although it does have some dark and uncomfortable moments. Anne Hathaway is likeable as always and its good to see her try something completely different, worth repeated watchings? Not really, its a good one time viewing film but not something you will remember in a few years time.
½ August 18, 2017
Just devolves into ridiculousness
August 18, 2017
Not what I expected got very dark real fast
½ August 18, 2017
an attempt at a thriller. was left with a bad wine that needed my mouth to be washed out with water
August 18, 2017
It WAS cool for a bit but it also sucked a lot
August 16, 2017
Astonishingly good movie from Nacho the master. A fantastic original comedy that is a lesson in great filmmaking for anyone who thinks they know visual storytelling
August 16, 2017
A colossal piece of crap - The critic reviews on this one are good so I figured I'd give it a shot. Ugh! It was mind-numbingly boring, and as usual, Ann Hathaway comes of as completely un-likeable. I don't know why - she just does
½ August 15, 2017
surprisingly pretty fresh
August 15, 2017
Now this movie is good, it has a great plot, some good performances, and some good effects to, but the writing and characters are just meh.
½ August 14, 2017
What first seems to be a cosmic comic lark, a goofy twist on the monster movie, gets dark in a very human way without losing the film's creative charge or director Nacho Vigalondo's sense of humor and poetic justice.
August 14, 2017
Colossal was completely unexpected and wonderful. This time the trailer was misleading, but instead of setting the viewer up for disappointment it hides the many nuances that make this movie fantastic.
½ August 14, 2017
One of the best movies I have seen in a very long time. Anne Hathaway nailed it in this role and Sudeikis really showed he is more than just the funny guy. Fresh story and a powerful message, I highly recommend Colossal.
August 13, 2017
One of the year's most bizarre standouts, "Colossal" is like a Godzilla movie meets "Being John Malkovich."
August 13, 2017
I was expecting a science-fiction, monster movie, but got some surreal, irrational, psychedelic, symbolic love story.
½ August 12, 2017
Intriguing but slow paced... Lazy storyline, me thinks!
½ August 12, 2017
Hard to describe. The relationship are unexpected. Not the usual stereotypical dialogue and reactions. The characters and relationships seem awkwardly real at times. Like normal life drama with a surrealistic twist.
There is deeper meaning here.