Colossal - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Colossal Reviews

August 16, 2017
Astonishingly good movie from Nacho the master. A fantastic original comedy that is a lesson in great filmmaking for anyone who thinks they know visual storytelling
August 16, 2017
A colossal piece of crap - The critic reviews on this one are good so I figured I'd give it a shot. Ugh! It was mind-numbingly boring, and as usual, Ann Hathaway comes of as completely un-likeable. I don't know why - she just does
½ August 15, 2017
surprisingly pretty fresh
August 15, 2017
Now this movie is good, it has a great plot, some good performances, and some good effects to, but the writing and characters are just meh.
½ August 14, 2017
What first seems to be a cosmic comic lark, a goofy twist on the monster movie, gets dark in a very human way without losing the film's creative charge or director Nacho Vigalondo's sense of humor and poetic justice.
August 14, 2017
Colossal was completely unexpected and wonderful. This time the trailer was misleading, but instead of setting the viewer up for disappointment it hides the many nuances that make this movie fantastic.
½ August 14, 2017
One of the best movies I have seen in a very long time. Anne Hathaway nailed it in this role and Sudeikis really showed he is more than just the funny guy. Fresh story and a powerful message, I highly recommend Colossal.
August 13, 2017
One of the year's most bizarre standouts, "Colossal" is like a Godzilla movie meets "Being John Malkovich."
August 13, 2017
I was expecting a science-fiction, monster movie, but got some surreal, irrational, psychedelic, symbolic love story.
½ August 12, 2017
Intriguing but slow paced... Lazy storyline, me thinks!
½ August 12, 2017
Hard to describe. The relationship are unexpected. Not the usual stereotypical dialogue and reactions. The characters and relationships seem awkwardly real at times. Like normal life drama with a surrealistic twist.
There is deeper meaning here.
August 12, 2017
Ridiculous movie and very average acting and storyline.
August 12, 2017
Nothing like i ever seen before, so original. Its good. Watch it.
August 11, 2017
Not bad. Could have used a little more editing.
August 11, 2017
Sobre sair da casca, enfrentar a vida adulta, estranhar mudanšas, suportar e crescer nas bizarrices. Tudo isso com humor singular e Anne H.
August 11, 2017
This movie was very boring and I want my 2hrs back.
August 10, 2017
Worst movie I've seen in a decade. Holy crap what a waste of my time! Mind bogglingly stupid / pointless. It hurts that this movie stole time from my life I'll never get back.
August 10, 2017
This movie is interesting... At first it amaze you and you wounder what will happen, but then the more time you spend watching the movie, the more it make you hate the antagonist character, before coming to a splendid ending. Though, a bit more could have been told before really finishing it.
Overall, It's a really good movie which will leave you with a love-hate relationship.
½ August 10, 2017
Worst movie ever. Too drunk for my taste. Hate movies of dumbasses being a thing or woman normalizing violence against them
½ August 10, 2017
I was hoping the end would make he movie worth it, but he entire thing was awful. Horrible screen writing and story from beginning to end. I wonder if these actors are just desperate for money?!?