The Condemned - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Condemned Reviews

½ July 4, 2016
7/2/2016: A decent action movie with a good cast.
½ February 28, 2016
It's Stone Cold... so nuff said... "... NOW CAN I GET A HELL YEAH?!"
½ February 16, 2016
The condemned is essentially "The Running Man" in the jungle. I thought this movie would have been a lot more fun than it was. Instead it had very choppy fight scenes, and not the best perfomance from Austin. Not a terrible flick, its definitely watchable, just dont expect a lot of good hand to hand fights or awesome deaths or anything.
½ November 28, 2015
actually quite enjoyed this b movie action flick more than I should have stone cold Steve Austin does what he can with not much and vinnie Jones is pretty badass to
½ August 13, 2015
The anti-violent tone that the second half of the movie adopts makes the film very uneven, but "The Condemned" is about as good as any W.W.E. film ever will be.
July 27, 2015
It sounded like "Battle Royale" but it's a hundred times more stupid. Personally, I decided to watch this movie because critics hated it. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Some describe it as one of the worst movies they've ever seen this year (or ever). I can't say that I fully disagree. I liked the first ten minutes but when the characters started killing each other, they did so in such non-interesting ways. The so-called Big Brother could've provided them better weapons or they could've picked characters that knew martial arts. I also didn't like the fact that the movie tried to preach how bad violence is by showing us violence. I mean, it could have been effective on the hands of a different director but this time around was a total failure. I kind of laughed at times because of how hypocritical it is. This film is a very, very flimsy social commentary with many, many flaws.
½ July 24, 2015
The condemned is far from the worst wwe film it actually had some great action and stunt work but the characters and writing is less than stellar. Nothing terrible but nothing great either.
February 26, 2015
Unoriginal story and predictable ending, but a good show for those who enjoy a fair amount of creative violence.
½ February 2, 2015
Well-paced, exciting, and exceedingly well-directed. Its just a shame that the material has no moral compass and is totally unoriginal.
January 30, 2015
Though the concept is good, if done a few times...I found this really boring. It tried being Battle Royale but fails. All the characters were dull and lifeless this being ironic as they are killed off and almost in the same ways. I didn't care for the characters and was let down by an awful script. Some action scenes were pretty neat but the ending was very predictable. Waste of time and their are better uses of this concept out there. I'll admit that Vinnie Jones was the best thing about it...so what does that tell you?
January 11, 2015
The interaction between Austin and Jones was intense. The video guy with a conscience was a good angle although I would have had him attempt to help Austin and get killed doing so. I'm not a WWE fan and have no bias along those lines. IMO the movie gets a 7 out of 10 . Great action .
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
This movie reminds me like a mix of Battle Royale and Running Man kinda. 10 prisoners are taken to an island where they will fight til death and the whole thing is broadcast on internet.. Much violence and cool characters like Vinnie Jones makes this movie worth seeing.
December 27, 2014
Love Stone Cold & this movie
½ September 26, 2014
Una historia mal armada y desaprovechada, contando con detalles bastante estúpidos. Simplemente es acción sin sentido (mal dirigida dicho sea de paso), creada con el fin de publicitar a la WWE.
August 27, 2014
Steve sustain is playing this movie and I love the movie
½ August 17, 2014
Underrated, not great acting but enjoyable action.
TheDudeLebowski65
July 29, 2014
Surprisingly entertaining film, The Condemned manages to be a fun, entertaining two hours of low budget filmmaking. The concept is a bit derivative from Gamer, which I quite enjoyed, but nonetheless, this is a worthy action thriller well worth your time if you enjoy a low budget action popcorn ride. Well thought out despite a few clichéd ideas, The Condemned is a cool film for what it is, and it does manage to entertain you well enough for two hours and the film is pretty solidly executed for low budget filmmaking. Before going into this one, expect something enjoyable and mindless and you're sure to like it. The film has its weak moments of course, but this is sheer must see material for action buffs. The script, acting and the setting are quite interesting, and well thought out. I thought that Vinnie Jones and Steve Austin were quite good here, and they delivered something truly intense, unflinching and above all riveting. This is one of those movies that shouldn't be passed up due to its sheer entertainment value. I recommend this film to anyone that loves the genre, and even if it's a formulaic idea, it's still fun to watch because there are enough action moments to make this one stand out among other low budget action film. The film is flawed, but nonetheless, it's a worthy affair, a film that is riveting, action packed and never dull. For action buffs, The Condemned is cool, thrilling and a must see piece of film that deserves to be seen by a larger audience. Due to its low budget status, and terrific, engaging action and concept, I'm sure that this film will surely become a future cult classic, as it most definitely deserves it.
July 28, 2014
A Japanese fighting an English, a Russian fighting an African.... This film makes us hate each others by viewing international stars fighting till death. Despite that, people may enjoy it although its action sequences are forgettable.
½ July 9, 2014
Sure, this is a mindless action flick with trite dialogue and a cast that's completely expendable, but at least it does its job in delivering some hard-hitting action to compliment the asinine script.