Cop Out - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cop Out Reviews

November 19, 2016
marginally funny, but didn't really feel like a Kevin Smith film (probably because he didn't write it)
November 1, 2016
Kevin Smith tries of make a buddy cop comedy
but Cop Out is not funny, Bruce Willis is phoning it in, and Tracey Morgan becomes unbearable halfway through the movie.
½ September 1, 2016
The comedy was meh, the action scenes were not much better, Bruce Willis isn't as young as he used to be so which is to be expected. This movie had some parts which were entertaining, but if asked if I would watch again. That would be a solid nope.
August 7, 2016
This was a lot better than I thought it would be.
Don't know why Kevin Smith wanted to direct a movie this generic but it wasn't terrible and you could see glimpses of his style and humour.
When Tracy Morgan punches the little kid in the groin I couldn't stop laughing.
Jason Lee at it again, he's played good asses in movies
jamrcla
½ July 30, 2016
Not that bad seen worse but easy to forget about as there are way better buddy cop films out there as this just uses old jokes from every other buddy cop film and puts it into one film but isn't doesn't work, Just an easy paycheck for most the cast and crew.
June 29, 2016
Cop Out is one of the worst action/comedy movies yet. The trailer of the movie looked good, but the movie is horrible. I would not suggest this movie.
½ May 23, 2016
Cop Out is an un-watchable mess of a film that is a case of lazy film making. The plot is asinine, the acting is horrible and the direction is worse. The jokes don't land at all and the waste of Tracey Morgan as an actor continues.
May 7, 2016
Horrible película, no la salva nada, pero en realidad nada.
April 12, 2016
Was ok enjoyable. But just a tad too long for this kind of movie. Bruce Willis and Tracy Morgan has been cop buddies for 9 years. Tracy likes to role play movies to force confessions out of thugs. When they take the snitch to meet the drug deal, it is discovered and the thug Cory Fernandez escapes. The duo is suspended without pay. Bruce need money to pay his daughter wedding. So he has to sell his rare baseball card. At the store, he is rob by Seann William Scott. Trace his tattoo to a parlour and got info he is robbing a house. They caught him right there. But he sold the card to new Mexican drug cartel Guillermo Díaz. The duo crash in his house and Guillermo want them to help him find his stolen car in exchange. They track it down to the lawyer who bought the car. Cory wanted to kill them along the way but is killed instead. Bruce open the boot and found Ana de la Reguera. She is mistress of the drug cartel and wanted to escape but is caught. There's a side story of Tracy having trust issue with his hot wife Rashida Jones having affair with their neighbor. So he planted a camera. He dare not look and Bruce has to see. There's something but he lie that she's innocent. 2 other cops Kevin Pollak and Adam Brody trace some dead bodies and ballistic to Tracy gun. Ana escape the motel and left a crucifix thumbdrive which contain the drug cartel account info. She don't want to endanger the duo. They bail Seann out to use his skills to break into Guillermo house but he fell and died. Bruce climb in himself. Guillermo has caught Ana and bring her back home. Tracy view the video longer and found it is fake up by Rashida and feel relieved. Kevin and Adam want to go find Guillermo but is attack. Bruce save them and the duo barge in, eventually killing Guillermo and save Ana. The baseball card is destroy in the battle. Kevin tell the chief the duo were helping him out in this case and is reinstated. End up the step-father Jason Lee pay for the wedding. Later at the mortuary, Seann didn't die afterall and freak the autopsy doctor.
½ March 27, 2016
Bruce and Tracy make out to be great friends on camera with goofy humor and suspenseful action throughout
January 30, 2016
corky, all over the place emotions!?;^> :^|
December 31, 2015
Two devoted partners who work well together
½ December 9, 2015
Not everyone's cup of tea but I really liked it.
½ November 29, 2015
Cop out is a really Mediocre comedy that I didn't really enjoy. I like Bruce Willis a lot but here he's playing the cliche tough cop who is a good guy it's just laughable. Tracy Morgan who is a pretty funny guy here he isn't that funny here which is a shame. The villain here was utterly laughable. There's some decent laughs but overall this is a really disappointing movie. Overall Cop out is not a good movie it's a bland comedy that isn't worth your time.
Grade C-
November 22, 2015
It seems to be a homage to 80's detective movies, especially in the music used throughout. It's not a very good one though despite the fact it's only played for laughs, although it's fairly watchable and Seann William Scott's annoying criminal offers up a decent supporting character just when the film needs it.
September 15, 2015
Why, Kevin Smith? Why...? I give this film a half star only because hearing the bad reviews is so entertaining... fuck this movie.
½ August 31, 2015
Seen this twice now and even though it's not the best Bruce Willis movie out there it's still fun seeing him in an action comedy. 6.5/10
August 29, 2015
It was ok. I laughed I few times. I find Tracy Morgan more annoying then he is funny. I felt bad for Bruce Willis.
½ August 8, 2015
frankly I didn't find really laugh much through this movie. I thought seeing these two stars would make this movie enjoyable. but I was Wrong
July 28, 2015
Would have been better with someone other than Tracy Morgan.