Cops And Robbersons - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cops And Robbersons Reviews

½ August 7, 2016
Silly comedy starring Chase as a family man living the suburban life but looking for excitement. In comes hard and tough cop Palance who along with his partner uses the family home for a stakeout.
August 3, 2016
3 stars for being PG adult /kid watchable
½ January 28, 2016
I can't believe this got hosed by users as bad as I did. This movie is nostalgic and reminds me of Disney Channel back when it was in its hay day with nightly movies. This was a staple of the rotation. The youngest son in the family and Jack Pelance make the movie worth the watch by themselves
January 3, 2016
really funny cop movie
½ April 23, 2015
One of the best Chevy Chase films.
April 19, 2015
I see the flaws but Palance is just so funny as the gruff cop I didn't care about those flaws and laughed.
August 11, 2014
(First and only viewing - 10/5/2008)
May 3, 2014
Not too good but not horrible. Has laughs and is for ages 9+
November 15, 2013
Nothing great but not all bad
October 4, 2013
Ultimately a mess, Ritchie's suburban-cop-comedy throws out a bunch of ideas (Broken family, grizzled cop opening up, worker dad with hero dreams, villainous neighbour) that never stick. Furthermore, the real shortage of laughs or inventive gags, uninspired direction that goes from stylised to low budget televisual, and poorly balanced narrative that completely shifts gears from cop to family-centered comedy, don't help matters in the slightest.
½ May 9, 2013
Crappy attempt at a comedy. Do yourself a favor and skip this dumb movie.
½ April 25, 2013
Silly and nonsensical but except for Chevy Chase acting like a total moron for most of the running time not that bad.
December 21, 2012
This movie is a classic Chevy Chase title. Worth the watch.
November 3, 2012
Unoriginal and with a lame screenplay.
September 8, 2012
always gotta love Chevy Chase even when the movie flops
½ August 20, 2012
Late Jack Palance is a Movie legend. I always look forward to his work, This film isn't his greatest masterpiece, i don't blame him just the script and chevy chase who made the story saturate in corny-cheesyness. Cops and Robberson is about Chase as a cop wannabe who gets his small break when Palance does a sercret steak-out in his house. Somehow Chase wrecks that for him when he smoozes with the criminal and snoops into dangerzone to feel the rush.
August 13, 2012
this one was funny and i loved it..
July 6, 2012
This is an underrated comedy that was really entertaining for what it was. I don't believe it deserved the flack it received. This is a fun, mindless comedy that has a pretty good cast. I enjoyed the film for what it was, and I really don't think it deserved the flack it received. This is an underrated film that has some good moments, a pretty interesting plot and decent acting. This is one of Chevy Chase's last good film roles, and he would stop making good comedies in the years to come. This film biggest strength is Jack Palance who gives this film its charm. I really liked him in this one, and thought he made the film as good as it was. If you're looking for a fun, underrated comedy, then check this one out. Quite enjoyable if you're in the mood, and pretty good considering all the negative reviews. This is a good film that has its moments. The actors are good in their roles, and each brings something to the screen. I found this film good for what it was, and is a far better film than what the critics have said about it. This is a good film that is one Chevy Chase's last viewable efforts. Cops And Robbersons is a fun film that you really need to shut off your brain to enjoy. Don't expect a great film, but expect something good, and you won't be disappointed. Don't believe the bad reviews on this one, as this film has plenty of good things going for it.
½ June 14, 2012
I liked it, when I was like 12
May 5, 2012
full of fun characters but no story