Coyote Ugly - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Coyote Ugly Reviews

June 19, 2016
Love this story. Great story of learning who you are.
½ March 3, 2016
Really not that terrible of a film. The dancing sequences, the women, and the setting is pretty cool. The father daughter relationship on display is pretty effective and heartfelt which does add a layer of sensitivity that anyone with a heart can relate to.
However, all that being said, there isn't a lot of substance on top of that. It is kind of a jumbled mess when it comes to the plot. It didn't make a lot of sense overall. It seemed like the only selling point they had was women dancing on top of a bar.
Some decent scenes, but an awful plot prevents this movie from being anything above average.
January 30, 2016
Hate films like this but didn't hate this as much as I thought, But I won't be watching it again.
½ January 10, 2016
A sweet romantic comedy about an ingenue in the big city. No deep messages, but explosive with fun.
½ December 26, 2015
With decent songs and sexy women but all too familiar plot points and little invention of story, Coyote Ugly will be a guilty pleasure for most but no interest to others.
November 12, 2015
Makes me wanna get a job as a bartender and dance on the bar everytime xP
½ November 8, 2015
What a fun movie! For someone who loves music, this movie has a ton of fun throwback songs. The plot can be fairly predictable but the cast is fun, the music is great, the dancing is cool, and it's fun to see the nightlife at a bar. Definitely a feel-good movie, with plenty of laughs and inspiration to not give up on your dreams. Reminds me of rock of ages.
½ October 27, 2015
Coyote Ugly has a rich and colorful history to choose from and yet they focus on telling their story through a blonde wannabe-songwriter hoping to make it big in New York who finds love as well as a promising music career... This film held promise but wasted it as much as the barmaids wasted booze.

PS. Tyra Banks? Why were you even in here? You had like two lines and yet you are on the poster?
½ August 28, 2015
Aika tavanomainen tuhkimotarina...
June 23, 2015
One you can watch over and over!
½ May 20, 2015
I was forced to sit through this and I have to say this movie was so boring! This had nothing exciting or fun to watch from beginning to end. I was hoping and crossing my fingers this was going to be good. But this becomes the most sexist chick flick I have ever seen. Sadly women are portrayed slutty and are demoralized. Men are pigs but the one guy is portrayed as a man that is sexy to the girls and they want him. Now there is good in this movie. John Goodman and the leading male are the best in the movie. I could sympathize with them and they were awesome! Everyone else is forgettable and uninteresting. The plot is so generic I've seen it a billion times I know what happens and it's not a shocking ending. We all know what will happen and it ruins the experience. I didn't really enjoy it and I think there are better romance dramas out there than this.
½ April 1, 2015
Clásica comedia, qué buen Flair bartending hacen todas las flacas, incluida Tyra Banks.
½ March 29, 2015
Having spent time at one or two bars on wild party nights this is an amusing film.
Coyote Ugly is a bar that uses young, fit female bar staff to seductively entice clients to party, and spend more of their dollars, here other than elsewhere, walking a fine line between sleaze and moral respectability in doing so. The result is a movie that is a bit of trashy fun that proves you don't need a body count of 100s to amuse. A bit lame in the storyline in places. But hey, I'll dance ...!!
½ March 28, 2015
Decent for the dancing but the storyline and acting will put you to sleep!
March 3, 2015
I have watched it!!!
½ January 22, 2015
Not much too it,but it entertaining to say the least.
½ December 23, 2014
Fun teen flick on how *easy* it is to be successful. Incredible supporting cast!
½ December 21, 2014
Entertaining and uplifting as I was expecting from this movie. Good moves and good music. Good portrayals. I'd love to work in such a place where the bonds of sisterhood are strong and tight.
½ November 12, 2014
Fun movie. It is a much better movie then ratings show. Don't gt me wrong it is defiantly not a great peice of cinema. But it is a fun one to watch with your friend or for a fun ride. The performances are solid for what the movie is. Nothing deep here, this is a perfect example of the "popcorn flick."
½ September 5, 2014
Incredibly fun and wildly entertaining, Coyote Ugly is an irresistible guilty pleasure. Somehow the film's able to mix exploitation with sentiment and romance. The story follows a young girl named Violet who leaves home and heads off to New York City to become a songwriter, but when she's unable to make it she takes a job at a seedy bar to make ends meet. Featuring Piper Perabo, Maria Bello, Bridget Moynahan, and John Goodman, the casting is pretty good. Perabo especially, as she has tremendous chemistry with her co-stars and is able to exude an innocent naivete. And, the soundtrack adds a lot of energy and excitement to the film. On the surface Coyote Ugly is sexually gratuitous and trashy, but underneath there's a charming story about chasing one's dreams and overcoming fears.