Daddy's Home 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Daddy's Home 2 Reviews

March 19, 2018
The movie was funnier than I expected.
½ March 19, 2018
worst film ever made
March 18, 2018
Funny? Yes. Hilarious? No.
March 17, 2018
lots of stupid parts, but surprisingly funny. much more enjoyable than the first. made me laugh a lot (1 viewing)
½ March 14, 2018
Encourages kids to harm animals
March 12, 2018
humorous to the end unlike many other comedies these days that try to hit a soft note for the last half.
March 8, 2018
I can't say I remember much about this movie except for the disturbing father/son mouth kissing (urgh!) and laughing all the way through it.
Great family comedy, heart-warming, hugely entertaining, yet somehow utterly forgettable.
½ March 8, 2018
Outer rubbish, the last part in the cinema ruined even what was a bit good about that film. Pathetic.
March 8, 2018
I'm amazed at how hollywood writers managed to come up with such unfunny material, and then get that material passed some sort of PROCESS, and then have it given to the actors to read and the actors commit to those scripts.
½ March 5, 2018
Daddy's Home 2 is the kind of movie that uses constant prat-falls and painfully annoying children as a source of comedy, and it doesn't work for this mostly unfunny sequel. Mark Wahlberg and Will Ferrel's performances aren't terrible or even bad, but they are very bland and their characters are very stereotypical and not complex. Mel Gibson's character is also very boring and stereotypical but he does cause for a few of the films very little funny moments. Now, because I brought that up, there are a few laugh-out-loud scenes in this movie, but none of the jokes are unique or original. In the end, Daddy's Home 2 is somewhat entertaining and there are some funny scenes, but it's also quite bland, unoriginal, and mainly, very unfunny. 45%
½ March 5, 2018
Ending ruined it - fairly decent until then.
March 5, 2018
I don't know what movie the 54% that didn't like it watched. I thought this movie was hilarious. I laughed all the way through it. Very entertaining.
March 5, 2018
Not quite as good as the first but I still enjoyed it. There are a couple laughable parts and a couple that just missed.
March 4, 2018
This movie delivered on everything it was supposed to - fun, mindless, slapstick comedy with a touch of holiday cheese. It had my family laughing out loud from the beginning and we all agreed it was one of the best Christmas comedies in recent years. Will it win any awards? Probably not. But that wasn't the point of this sequel. Go in not taking it to seriously and, I'm sure by the end, you'll be adding it to your annual holiday rotation.
March 3, 2018
Love it. It's hilarious
½ March 3, 2018
This movie is very cringey. The humour is too predictable, awkward and feels out of place. Some of the child acting was terrible and the child characters were, for the most part, irritating. A very family movie. Also, it follows nearly the same story as the first film and the two dads have the same character arcs as the first film.
½ March 2, 2018
I really hated first Daddy's Home! But sequel was OK! Because Mel Gibson and John Lithgow! But still lots of jokes were unfunny, annoying and ridiculous! and not great for kids! Bad acting, pointless gags and really silly... But Do They Know It's Christmas performance was nice. By the way Mark Whalberg looked scary and he didn't do comedy... and Will Ferrell was crazy and boring again... Sad...
½ March 1, 2018
Very funny movie. My buddy and I were rolling almost the whole time. There were a few slow/unfunny parts and a couple of the gags lost their luster but as a whole it was really good. No, it's not going to be nominated for anything other than a future go-to funny holiday movie when you have family over a couple of years from now. I think the left-leaning critics had a clipboard marking down things that offended them.
February 27, 2018
February 27, 2018
First one was good. Second one should have never been released. I don't know if someones kid wrote the script or if they said F**k it lets see if we can make a little bit of money . Oh and to Mel Gibson "WHY???? You are so talented why would you ever agree to such a idiotic movie?"