Daddy's Home 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Daddy's Home 2 Reviews

August 16, 2018
Overall this film comes recommend for any fans of the first film. Daddy's Home 2 goes the next level by putting the lead characters in worse position along with more classic actors in the comedy mix. Being a PG film I can also stay this film comes recommended for families who want to watch a fun hearted film about the challenges of a mixed family during Christmas (which I personally can relate too). The film does go into a couple of minor sub plots which never feels resolved, but hey... Christmas is a time for forgiveness right?
- Finesse Movie Reviews
August 14, 2018
Strengths: One of the things that made the first Daddy's Home work was the chemistry between the cast. That mostly holds form this time around. Will Ferrell (Brad Whitaker) and Mark Wahlberg (Dusty Mayron) still play well off each other. Linda Cardeillini (Sara Whitaker) is as delightful as ever, while the added role for John Cena (Roger) produced more than a few laughs. John Lithgow (Don Whitaker) was a welcome addition to the cast. The film also does well with the Christmas theme without overdoing it. It's no Christmas classic, but it has some merits.

Weaknesses: Mel Gibson (Kurt Mayron) seemed to be one of the film's selling points, yet he didn't add much. A lot of what he did lacked for laughs. He and Lithgow both played characters who felt more like clichés than real people. In fact, clichés are all over this movie. It's as if they saw Christmas family films and tried to mimic them without doing anything funny or original. The singing scene near the end feels way over the top and it doesn't work. Instead of feeling heartwarming, it comes across as cheesy in an unfunny way. It's almost painful.

Overall: There are more than a few laughs to help this be completely terrible. It's filled with familiar tropes, cringeworthy moments, and the talented cast suffers from a lazy script.
½ August 14, 2018
Even though a good deal of eye-rolling moments, the great laughs made up for those moments.
August 14, 2018
It was a good watch due to the lovable characters, but it wasn't even as close to as good as the first. 3/5
August 7, 2018
Never understood why people hated this movie.
½ August 4, 2018
wow, one of the few movies to earn a 0 in my rating. will definately come up when I talk about worst movies of all time. the jokes are predictable and layz, even more so than usual for Will Ferrell, the script as a whole somehow manages to be predictable as well. quite pathetic, this movie could have really benefited from a R rating. So often they say the phrase 'butthole' instead of ass where it belongs.
July 31, 2018
This is a movie that will become a classic for the Christmas season. However, it may not be Christmas when you see it, so don't wait.
½ July 29, 2018
Very funny movie. My buddy and I were rolling almost the whole time. There were a few slow/unfunny parts and a couple of the gags lost their luster but as a whole it was really good. No, it's not going to be nominated for anything other than a future go-to funny holiday movie when you have family over a couple of years from now. I think the left-leaning critics had a clipboard marking down things that offended them.
July 29, 2018
i thought this one was good but ok
July 21, 2018
The film is so funny and will definitely put you in the Christmas mood!
July 16, 2018
I don't know what critics are talking about. I thought this movie was beyond hilarious! A rare occurrence when a sequel is better than the original. The first one was decent but didn't make me leave the theater wanting to watch it again right away like this one did.
July 16, 2018
Awesome crazy funny and original
July 13, 2018
I thought this was a great holiday movie...
June 27, 2018
Daddy's Home 2 borrows too much from more popular (and funnier) comedy properties but somehow manages to put together a light-hearted holiday event with its superb cast.
June 21, 2018
Not as funny as the first one. But it's still pretty funny. and enjoyable.
½ June 16, 2018
It was entertaining at least.
½ June 4, 2018
A ratos entretenida.
May 29, 2018
Just like the first so much of the comedy seems forced. Jokes don-t make sense and leaves you wondering "how could anyone believe this?" Cliche pedantic behavior throughout the whole movie. Better than the first where Dusty (Mark Whalberg) plays a total douche. Very few actual moments that were genuinely funny. There are much better family Christmas movies to choose from.
May 29, 2018
It's a good movie and pretty funny. I would like to see a third part
May 26, 2018
Daddy's Home 2 is a hilarious sequel to Daddy's Home and provides the same hilarious humor and great chemistry between Will Ferrell and Mark Whalberg. With Mel Gibson and John Lithgow joining the cast as the grandparents, they provide quite a funny comedic chemistry themselves. Also, Alessandra Ambrosio joining the cast, her and Linda Cardellini prove add another great comedic chemistry to the movie giving three between each set of people for all of us to enjoy. Overall, it's the same hilarious humor that a lot us can laugh at enjoy watching.