Darling Companion - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Darling Companion Reviews

May 28, 2016
Darling Companion is a slow boring romantic comedy i sat with the wife and watch and sad to say it was my choice because i saw that it had Diane Keaton and Kevin Kline and some other A list actors but yet again was this disappointing.
They should have called this Lassie the missing dog.
It was slow and boring and did not have anything really funny.
It should be removed from the Netflix library.
Diane Keaton while driving back from the airport with her daughter spots a dog and rescues the dog and the do was found on the freeway and they end up having the dog has the family pet and then they call the dog freeway.
One day while on his morning walk the husband answers his mobile as he normally does and looses the dog and then the whole story because we have to find the dog.
Look i like pets and dogs but this is a boring concept for a movie.
The jist of the movie the search for the dog brings the couples together.
Do not bother with this movie.
May 20, 2016
It is pretty entertaining and fine performances by the lead. Just not essential viewing. Love the dog!
February 10, 2016
More like a made for TV movie rather than a feature film. Kevin Kline and Diane Keaton star in this emotional drama about a family's dog who goes missing and how it affects everyone involved
August 1, 2015
Boring load of. Rented this as I had my mother over and thought Diane Keaton and a cute dog might be the thing.
Forget it. The dog is barely in it before it goes missing and the rest of the movie is about trying to find the dog and the "hilarity" that happens along the way.
Not interesting viewing at all. Even my mother thought it was dumb, and she's enjoyed some howlers.
½ May 10, 2015
Not even this cast can save this mess.
September 21, 2014
Warning:
Racist slurs
Male privilege

Whiney.
August 10, 2014
Relationship stories of the aged set around a lost dog. It's very plain and ordinary in the main and feels like a lot of past it actors thrown together as there's little here in anyone's performance to shout about.
April 30, 2014
It was a very very good ending. However the movie was not as good when the dog was not there. I wish there was more time with the dog.
March 29, 2014
Very fun and entertaining film. Good acting also plays a role In it
½ November 27, 2013
Wow. This movie is just terrible.
½ November 16, 2013
Cute movie about a Dog named 'Freeway' and the relationships in the lives on his owners while they try to found him when he gets lost in the mountains.
August 30, 2013
Blockbuster 8/30/13
Fun,warm sweet movie
August 18, 2013
Good actors in a bland. [poorly written} plot....not adult enough to hold much interest... or funny enough to forgive its inherent triteness.... from someone who loves Kevin Kline and wishes he would be cast in something more worthy of his ability. Diane Keaton should just stick to slapstick... her character, thin to begin with was absurdly portrayed as a spoiled and addled doctor's wife who supposedly is unable entertain a rational thought. Why or how this dog is so important to her is left to our collective imagination... by a lazy scriptwriter. It seems he assumes we'd all fill in the many holes in the silly plot.
½ June 24, 2013
Can I get my time refunded?
June 19, 2013
A bit slow but I liked it
June 5, 2013
Loved it!!! I adore Diane Keaton and any movie where the whole cast isn't in their 20's. LOL!
½ June 2, 2013
Who let the dogs out? A mega boring movie. Its 2 hours of people looking for a lost dog. Bad acting, and script follow.
May 22, 2013
This movie might have something to tell about long time marriages and animal compassion but it doesn't say anything new or different or exciting or interesting. So it was mostly boring, the end was a little sentimental but I hated the characters.
May 19, 2013
A story of how dogs can bring people closer together
May 18, 2013
It is a fluff piece, but still cute.