The Dead Zone - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Dead Zone Reviews

July 25, 2017
(First and only viewing - 7/23/2017)
½ July 24, 2017
This horror thriller (though the horror element is lacking) is easily one of the best Stephen King adaptations and that is primarily because of David Cronenberg's direction and Christopher Walken's performance. It also has an engrossing plot, a solid supporting cast, a really good score, good action and a finale that is equally gripping and satisfying.
June 4, 2017
Who is giving this movie such high ratings? I like the concept, but the movie has not held up well. I like Christopher Walken, and it's not him that I take issue with regard to The Dead Zone. The story was told poorly. I couldn't help but notice that after a 5 year coma, the doctor and man's parents were right there at the exact moment that he woke up. Again, good concept. Here's a movie that has not held up and can't be considered as a classic, but it would be a good concept to retool for a remake. Were it genuinely good, I wouldn't suggest the remake. I never read the book. Don't waste your time on this.
June 2, 2017
one of the best Stephen King adaptations Chris walken does a great job
May 10, 2017
I can't comment on the original Stephen King book, but this is a film that really questions how far one could (and should) be willing to sacrifice to do the right thing. Especially if, for whatever reason, they are the only one who can do it. For a flick about psychic powers, it feels shockingly relevant in todays post-privacy world.
May 4, 2017
UMA DAS MELHORES ADAPTAÇÕES DA LITERATURA DE STEPHEN KING.
½ April 10, 2017
It captures the atmosphere and scenery of a fairly horrific film but also is dramatic and thrilling in turn, thanks to the directing and also Walken.
February 4, 2017
Good performance from Walken, but often times it feels like a glorified TV movie.
½ January 25, 2017
One of the best adaptions of a (horror) story from Stephen King.
½ January 13, 2017
Just saw this 1983 movie again staring a young Christopher Walken. Martin Sheen playing the psychotic politician reminded me of Trump. Walken has special powers to see into the future when holding Sheen's hand. He sees Sheen who becomes USA president pushing the nuclear button.
You will have to see the movie to see what happens. Verizon is timely to show this movie considering who will become president on 1/20/17. God save the United States Of America.
January 9, 2017
Christopher Walken has the swagger to play any type of odd man role and play it well. Without him The Dead Zone would be completely forgotten about.
½ December 30, 2016
A bit of a disappointment overall compared to the novel, but that is to be expected. Christopher Walken is top notch, however.
December 22, 2016
Very interesting story and superb performance by Christopher Walken.
½ November 27, 2016
This movie is a bit dated and feels like a made for TV adaption of the King novel. The pacing is a bit slow and you have to be patient waiting for it to pick up steam.

Walken and the storyline are superb however, and there is a nice twist to the ending that I did not see coming.

I wouldn't describe this film as horror at all as there aren't really any scary moments but as a sci-if thriller it works.
October 24, 2016
As far as Stephen King's film adaptation go, this is definitely one of the better ones but it's pretty subdued for a Cronenberg film. There's nothing wrong with it per say, it just feels sort of vacant.
½ October 14, 2016
This is a great film and very relevant to this election. Highly recommend.
September 27, 2016
One of the best films of David Cronenberg and ONE of the best characters of Chris Walken.
September 24, 2016
'The Dead Zone', a story of a man who gains psychic powers after an accident, incorporates a lot of wonderful elements which makes its revered status understandable. A tragic romance, a serial murder investigation, political corruption. The most resonant and poignant perhaps being Christopher Walken's struggle of whether to view his physic powers as a blessing or a curse. The film deals with his personal conflict very well but the wider narrative arcs are not dedicated sufficient time for them to be as dramatically effective.
July 24, 2016
1931's Dracula Is One Of My Favorite Films.