The Dead Zone - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Dead Zone Reviews

February 4, 2017
Good performance from Walken, but often times it feels like a glorified TV movie.
½ January 25, 2017
One of the best adaptions of a (horror) story from Stephen King.
½ January 13, 2017
Just saw this 1983 movie again staring a young Christopher Walken. Martin Sheen playing the psychotic politician reminded me of Trump. Walken has special powers to see into the future when holding Sheen's hand. He sees Sheen who becomes USA president pushing the nuclear button.
You will have to see the movie to see what happens. Verizon is timely to show this movie considering who will become president on 1/20/17. God save the United States Of America.
January 9, 2017
Christopher Walken has the swagger to play any type of odd man role and play it well. Without him The Dead Zone would be completely forgotten about.
½ December 30, 2016
A bit of a disappointment overall compared to the novel, but that is to be expected. Christopher Walken is top notch, however.
December 22, 2016
Very interesting story and superb performance by Christopher Walken.
½ November 27, 2016
This movie is a bit dated and feels like a made for TV adaption of the King novel. The pacing is a bit slow and you have to be patient waiting for it to pick up steam.

Walken and the storyline are superb however, and there is a nice twist to the ending that I did not see coming.

I wouldn't describe this film as horror at all as there aren't really any scary moments but as a sci-if thriller it works.
October 24, 2016
As far as Stephen King's film adaptation go, this is definitely one of the better ones but it's pretty subdued for a Cronenberg film. There's nothing wrong with it per say, it just feels sort of vacant.
½ October 14, 2016
This is a great film and very relevant to this election. Highly recommend.
September 27, 2016
One of the best films of David Cronenberg and ONE of the best characters of Chris Walken.
September 24, 2016
'The Dead Zone', a story of a man who gains psychic powers after an accident, incorporates a lot of wonderful elements which makes its revered status understandable. A tragic romance, a serial murder investigation, political corruption. The most resonant and poignant perhaps being Christopher Walken's struggle of whether to view his physic powers as a blessing or a curse. The film deals with his personal conflict very well but the wider narrative arcs are not dedicated sufficient time for them to be as dramatically effective.
July 24, 2016
1931's Dracula Is One Of My Favorite Films.
½ July 12, 2016
This was outstanding, and ranks right up there for me, both in terms of Stephen King adaptations in general and Cronenberg's work in particular. It also houses one of my very favourite Christopher Walken performances. When I see Martin Sheen be such a jerk here, it both makes me realize where his son Charlie gets that side of his personality from and makes me fear, even though I'm Canadian, the fact that Donald Trump actually has a chance of being the next president of the United States. It also reaffirms in my heart the great adoration I have for Brooke Adams.
½ July 12, 2016
July 10, 2016
It's a tiny bit dated but a solid film. Beautiful score from the late Michael Kamen.
June 19, 2016
Stephen King, David Cronenberg, Christopher Walken, do you need to know anything else. If you've never seen this movie , we are not friends.
June 2, 2016
Solid Cronenberg entry level thriller.
May 12, 2016
Back in the 80's this was an easy 4*, but unfortunately it doesn't carry the same weight when viewed today. Movie fans who enjoy classics will come away impressed by this faithful Stephen King adaptation. Cronenberg does a great job of showcasing Walken's acting prowess.
April 28, 2016
THE ICE......IS GONNA BREAK!