Dirty Grandpa - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dirty Grandpa Reviews

September 20, 2017
the movie has its moments of laughter but also has moments that are cringworthy overall not bad
September 17, 2017
Dirty Grandpa is very very very dirty. Don't take your kid to see this movie. There are a ton of inappropriate jokes that actually made me laugh a lot but they're still bad! The end was kind of bad but the rest of the movie was very entertaining! Zac Efron was hilarious and the grandpa was even more hilarious!
September 5, 2017
Raunchy and really funny.
September 1, 2017
Kind of funny, kind of not
August 28, 2017
This is a very funniest movie I've ever seen :)
August 28, 2017
This movie is pure shit! Horrible writing and DeNiro's worst performance. Did he forget how to act? Is this really the same guy from Goodfellas, Heat, Casino? I could go on but this movie is not worth any more of time.
August 28, 2017
Expected more from De Niro, always felt until now he was a rung above the other actors. Overboard vulgarity should have been done by other actors.
August 21, 2017
Dire plot, dire script and marginally funny. Not totally bad and you do get to see a lot of zac effron, hence the one star!
August 14, 2017
I cried laughing so hard
½ August 9, 2017
If you treat this movie as a serious movie, you'll be totally disappointed. Now, if you turn off your brain and you're in the mood for some weird raunchiness, then you may enjoy it a little like I did. Are there better movies of this type? Yes! But I had a decent time with it. Overall: AVERAGE 2.5/5 OR 5/10
½ July 30, 2017
While there are parts of this that did make me laugh, overall it was just crude and obnoxious with very little logical point. Aubrey Plaza managed to keep me invested in this movie though. As for everyone else, they have all had better movies than this one.
½ July 26, 2017
Not worthy of any stars, this movie isn't worth seeing. From the directing to the forgettable acting performances. DG is a dirty, vapid and terrible movie. Not one joke works. The film is so desperate for laughs they think showing Robert DeNiro's masturbating will win over its audience. The word audience is used loosely, meaning when I saw this film there was only 10 people in the audience.

Dirty Grandpa is so so so bad it makes Gigli look like Ben Hur.

0/10 or 0
July 24, 2017
I have a real friend actually just like De Niro's character. Older man after younger girls. Thus, I found it really funny with some of the punch lines. I can just picture him saying and doing those things! ??????
July 21, 2017
See here is the thing, this sadly features a pretty great cast, but really the first half was rather boring in the scene so little happened and the second half a mild improvement as yes something actually happens but despite coming off the first half of the movie that isn't saying much. - but still not that amazing in any sense of the word.

I think we can all agree here De Niro has significantly let himself go from the days of The Godfather to star in very mediocre role for nothing more than a mindless Box-Office hit and not even a huge one at that.

The script, including a large majority of the puns and jokes, is very mediocre, with even the acting being no more than that, the sheer boring and un-originality of most of this story line, makes lost of average comedy films look beyond amazing, when in reality all this film proves to the audience is, De Niro is on his way out and Efron would win in a ab contest with much of the population.

Come on De Niro, and even you Efron and Plaza, you are better than this!

Final verdict - 5.8/10 or C
½ July 19, 2017
Guarra y entretenida
½ July 13, 2017
Predictable, boring, uninteresting, unoriginal and cliched, the only exploit of Dirty Grandpa is to make Robert De Niro seems stupid and desperate for being funny.
½ July 10, 2017
Absolutely no plot. Just random scenes put together. (The odd one is funny).
½ July 6, 2017
The sex factor in Dirty Grandpa is truly vulgarity over victory.
½ June 28, 2017
just terrible. awful. god awful. why? just why?
June 25, 2017
This movie is a bit more difficult to review however, my overall impression of the movie is that it's definitely something you should never watch around impressionable people, especially children. The movie was funny at times but overall it seemed much like watching a movie about the Playboy mansion. The movie was inherently sexual and over the top, I feel like they overdid it and caused viewers to be more shocked than anything. The sequel should be labeled "Dirty Grandpa Goes to the mental asylum". Horrible all the way around and the couple of funny parts do not make the movie worth watching.