Disclosure - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Disclosure Reviews

February 26, 2018
Much like thrillers like Fatal Attraction and Basic Instinct, Michael Douglas appears in Disclosure along with Demi Moore. In this one, he's been accused of sexual harassment. I actually thought it was quite boring at first finding it to be not that thrilling and I find the film confusing but after re-watching it I actually find it to be okay, not bad, nothing special but hey, I had a good thrill and it's fun ever since. It sure has it's moments but I had a good watch.
January 5, 2018
An enjoyable watch, If not as serious as some people wanted. This lighthearted look at office politics in the 90s feels a little shallow and, it is.
At the centre of this film is the sexpot Demi Moore, in a believable role she is certainly having fun with.
She is in red hot form and Douglas is merely a passenger if, a well cast passenger.
January 1, 2018
(First and only viewing - 6/7/2017)
½ November 10, 2017
Bit Of Eighties Sleaze. No Real Story & A Lotta Focus On Those Steamy Sex Scenes. Par For The Course.
½ May 30, 2017
A sexually harassed Michael Douglas makes for an amusingly unlikely premise, especially when up against a particularly hot looking Demi Moore.

However, if you can get past that then this does make for an interesting and fairly entertaining story that even incorporates a little virtual reality future tech, giving us a couple of quite memorable scenes visually.

A good movie on the whole, even if I don't totally buy into it's main story thread.
½ May 15, 2017
Demi Moore is hot, but evil. Yes...
½ August 25, 2016
Had low expectations based on the reviews here but ended up enjoying it quite a bit. Outdated technology but still enjoyable.
March 23, 2016
Interesting but dated to the 90s when sexual harassment in the office became a touchy debate.
February 4, 2016
Far better than it has any reason to be.
½ January 5, 2016
A important piece of the Doglands thriller-campaign during the 80-90s. Demi Moore, surely makes you want more of her spellbinding figure. The plot isnt really that bad or obviously as everyone wants it to be. Entertaining.
December 21, 2015
Dated as all hell, but an interesting look at double standards and sexual harassment in the workplace.
½ November 16, 2015
Michael Douglas once again captivates our attention in this infidelity thriller that, while no "Fatal Attraction", is still gripping and terribly exciting in its twisting execution. The technology bit is terribly dated, though...
September 15, 2015
19 years after its release the sexual politics of this film are even more morally dubious now than they were in 1994. The corporate politics and technology have not aged well and the film wastes a potentially interesting theme. The cast are better than the material they are given and are poorly served by their director and the script.
August 21, 2015
WOW.......WOW......WOW.....WHAT A MOVIE.......I HAVE JUST SEEN THIS MOVIE 4 THE 1ST TIME N THINK THAT THIS IS SUCH AN ENJOYABLE MOVIE 2 WATCH........its got a good cast of actors/actresses throughout this movie......I think that Michael douglas, demi moore, Donald Sutherland, caroline goodall, roma mafia, play good roles/parts throughout this movie........I think that the director of this drama/mystery/suspense movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie...... I think that Michael douglas was absolutely brilliant throughout this movie.....WARNING YOU HAVE GOT TO WATCH THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE AS SOMETHING HAPPENS AT THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE........its got such a good soundtrack throughout this movie......

Michael Crichton sold the movie rights for $1 million before the novel was published. Milo Forman was originally attached to direct but left due to creative differences with Crichton. Barry Levinson and Alan J. Pakula were in contention to take the helm and Levinson was hired.

Annette Bening was originally set to play Meredith until she became pregnant and soon dropped out. Geena Davis and Michelle Pfeiffer were then considered before Levinson decided to cast Demi Moore. Crichton wrote the character Mark Lewyn for the film specifically with Dennis Miller in mind. The character from the book was somewhat modified for the screenplay to fit Miller's personality.

The virtual reality corridor sequence was designed by Industrial Light & Magic.

The movie was filmed in and around Seattle, Washington. The fictional corporation DigiCom is located in Pioneer Square, on a set which was constructed for the film. Production designer Neil Spisak said, "DigiCom needed to have a hard edge to it, with lots of glass and a modern look juxtaposed against the old red brick which is indigenous to the Pioneer Square area of Seattle. Barry liked the idea of using glass so that wherever you looked you'd see workers in their offices or stopping to chat. This seemed to fit the ominous sense that Barry was looking for-a sort of Rear Window effect, where you're looking across at people in their private spaces."

Also shown are the Washington State Ferries because Douglas' character lives on Bainbridge Island. Other locations include Washington Park Arboretum, Volunteer Park, the Four Seasons Hotel on University St., Pike Place Market and Smith Tower (Alvarez's law office). The director of photography was the British cinematographer Tony Pierce-Roberts.

I think that this is such a gripping movie 2 watch, but it is such a really powerful drama movie 2 watch, its got such a brilliant cast throughout this movie.....I think that this is such an enjoyable movie 2 watch, with such a fantastic cast throughout this movie......
August 16, 2015
The battle of sexes in this fun to watch film.
½ April 19, 2015
Interesting in parts and draw dropping maddening in others.....to say it's uneven is being kind.
April 2, 2015
On the level of pure craft, Disclosure is first-rate in every department. It soars because of the sizzling chemistry of Douglas and Demi Moore. Douglas makes for a sympathetic and wily hero while Moore modeling some slinky lingerie makes an awesome femme fatale. Hokey and classy in equal measure, this is better than it ought to be.
March 29, 2015
Michael Douglas is the King of Erotic Thrillers. Having starred in the two most notorious steamy romance-from-hell movies of all time (I don't even have to tell you what they are, you already know) it's interesting to see Douglas taking on the role of a victim of sexual harassment. Unfortunately, the movie loses itself in some bizarre "Star Trek"like subplot about virtual reality that seems to have barged in from an entirely different movie. We SHOULD be focusing on Douglas as he tries to prove his innocence, not whatever the hell was going on behind those VR goggles. Unfortunately, I can't call the sexual harassment portion of the story a success either, because the harasser is Demi Moore. Gorgeous? Yes. Talented at acting? I've yet to see any evidence to support that statement. I've never seen a Demi Moore movie where she didn't recite her dialogue like she was reading it directly off of cue cards just off camera for the first time. It's especially bad here. A reunion with Glenn Close or Sharon Stone would have been more thrilling and meaningful.
February 17, 2015
A married man is sexually harassed by his former lover who's his new boss. This film tries too hard to be too many things, never finding a rhythm as it switches from social drama to thriller to courtroom drama.
½ January 30, 2015
It's a sham. "Disclosure" tells you it's all about sexual discrimination but it's really all about the poor victimized male ego, and all ambitious women are power made bitches. The only women who are decent human beings are either doormats or almost criminally absent, excepting the shark, played with malicious delight by Moore. Douglas plays the victim and it's not cute. It's well made and if you can swallow this candy coated crap you may have a fairly good time. If you can't? *shrugs*