Disturbia - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Disturbia Reviews

May 28, 2017
Fine, but can't live up to the original.
½ May 15, 2017
I found myself angry that I watched this movie. Or maybe I was angry at the movie. Regardless, be prepared for about one hour and ten minutes of nothing and then this movie starts to pick up. Unfortunately the action isn't enough to distract from the poor, unconvincing acting to the terrible story line. This idea has been done a million times already.
May 8, 2017
biggest blatant rip off of a movie (hithcock)..and no credit given
May 5, 2017
What a thrill ride. Very Hitchcockian and extremely enjoyable mystery thriller, powered by Shia LaBeouf's gritty performance.
April 12, 2017
awesome movie, D.J. Caruso, was an excellent choice to direct.
March 1, 2017
not really realistic
February 27, 2017
Rip-off of Rear Window...
½ February 16, 2017
I somewhat remember this from my childhood, and I was like ugh they just had too put a asian guy in there. If I could be with me now, I'd be like "Yasmin look at that asian guy he likes to fick puzzies. Stop hating on him for being asian hate on him for being a slut." Other than that I don't think it was a great movie I kinda eh. I like it for the actors. It was funny.
January 5, 2017
Now that I've met Shia and worked for his manager, I must admit that the appeal of this movie is growing.
December 2, 2016
One of my absolute favorite movies
November 25, 2016
Four stars hands down! If you like this you will really like The Stepfather!
½ November 10, 2016
A good thriller with surprisingly great performances.
½ November 6, 2016
Even with a great performance from Shia LaBeouf and a strong start, "Disturbia" slowly faded as the movie progressed.

Following the death of his Father, a young boy finds himself in a bit of trouble at school, leading to a lengthy house arrest. While under house arrest, he's left with little electronics and no freedom. In complete boredom, he begins to take close watch of his neighbors. Without warning, he soon realizes that one of his neighbors could be a dangerous criminal that's hiding a deep, dark secret.

Shia LaBeouf has been under a lot of fire throughout his life. After starring as a young teen in the highly-grossing "Transformers" franchise, he's constantly made headlines for all the wrong reasons. However, I still look at him as an actor, and I think he's a phenomenal one when put in the right scenarios. This was one of those situations where I thought he was the highlight of the entire film, giving a great performance and leading the charge. There are some moments where he's really giving it his all and it actually has an effect on you, so he definitely deserves some recognition for this performance.

The movie is decent entertainment overall and the chemistry between characters isn't horrible by any means. This is the kind of movie that you can casually plop in for mindless entertainment or ambient background noise, but it gets weaker as you try and deconstruct the actual film. A lot of things are there just for show and it logically doesn't add to the story, and it's there just to be there.

Speaking of which, this movie lost a lot of credit due to its endless supply of eye candy, stalker like shots. I get it, Kale is stuck in his room all day and it's hard not to spy on his stunning new neighbor. However, this movie crosses the line between cute, and stalker-ish. Just about everything comes off in a stalker manner, and it creeps you out more than anything. His actions and the camera shots make you more uncomfortable more than anything, and it really was a lazy effort by the director.

In the end, there's not much to say about this movie. It's a simple movie with plenty of lackluster aspects and mindless entertainment. It's fine for the most part but it makes you cringe on more than one occasion.
November 6, 2016
Always enjoyed this one.
October 23, 2016
Pas mal du tout. Une version de "Fenetre sur cour" version teenage / moderne.
October 20, 2016
Absolute favourite! Great fun thriller. Starts of like a teenage movie flick but then it turns into an exciting thriller. Definitely in my top 10.
October 18, 2016
Disturbia is the kind of thriller that had you jumping out of your seat. It was an excellent film. The amount of trust was minimal, the suspense was well played, and the acting from Shia Labeouf, Carrie-Anne Moss, and David Morse was spot on.
½ October 16, 2016
Poorly done movie. Very cliche. Quite dull and shallow overall
October 10, 2016
4/5. A fun little thriller that's a lot better than one would expect.
½ September 11, 2016
A pretty solid thriller, and good to see LaBeouf before he was a cocky nobhead.