Disturbia - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Disturbia Reviews

½ May 20, 2018
A Modern-Day Update Of Hitchcock's 'Rear Window', With (Then) Up-&-Coming Teen Heart-Throbs Reprising The General Idea Of Voyourism Gone Bad. While This Might Appeal To Millennials, Older Generations Of Movie Affectionardos Will Struggle, As I Did, To Connect. Maybe If The Soundtrack Was A Bit Better & The Story Went Somewhere A Little Quicker...Then It Coulda Been Better. By The End, If Felt Like It Tried Too Hard To Be Scarey, Instead Opting For Gore-&-Screaming, Which Goes On For A While, Before Being All Resolved In 5-Minutes, Including The 'Yes, We're In Love' Happy Ending...Left Me Thinking Meh...Right. Next.
½ April 19, 2018
shia labeouf adds intensity to the screenplay. the supporting cast isn't the best but labeouf is so good in the role the movie is a genuinely scary, and temporarily memorable, thriller.
April 9, 2018
Look, kids. Shia LaBeouf actually can act. True, some of the humour can be a little dumb but Disturbia is still rather chilling. It's subtly eerie all leading to an exciting final act resulting in the protagonist earning his happy ending. Good thriller.
March 14, 2018
This movie was fun, it did have some dry points but still enjoyed.
March 2, 2018
A classic. It?s been a decade since I seen this film in theaters, and I can still say this is one of the best thrillers ever.
February 14, 2018
see it in a crowded theatre.
½ February 11, 2018
Solid 4 stars, maybe more. Story isn't really fresh, but feels like it. Gave it an extra half star because the movie is so "polished" and high quality.
½ January 11, 2018
Only a viable choice if you're an eleven year-old girl. Nothing suspenseful or interesting.
November 12, 2017
I? liked this a lot in my youth
½ October 21, 2017
For a modernized knock-off of Rear Window...not bad. Falls into far too many generic tropes to be put in the same league as what they are mimicking, but there enough creativity to make it feel fresh.
October 15, 2017
wasnt expecting much, but good film!
October 9, 2017
A lot of originality coming from this Hitchcockian type picture. Easily carried by Shia LaBeouf and David Morse's performances. Should please any age group.
½ August 17, 2017
This movie is just another Thriller,but one thats great and that i really enjoyed
August 1, 2017
A tense, thrilling young- suspense movie. Shia LeBeouf did his best performance here. Lamentably, the movie falls as it progresses.
July 24, 2017
A well written and well acted, tense thriller that rips of every suburban nightmare in cinema. The homages are clear with Rear Window, The Burbs and What Lies Beneath but what makes Disturbia stand out is the writing, it doesn't try to be anything other than a teenager drama and fits perfectly. The performances are great, Moss and Morse putting in decent roles with LaBeouf and Roemer having good chemistry and he former showcasing some fantastic emotional range.
May 28, 2017
Fine, but can't live up to the original.
½ May 15, 2017
I found myself angry that I watched this movie. Or maybe I was angry at the movie. Regardless, be prepared for about one hour and ten minutes of nothing and then this movie starts to pick up. Unfortunately the action isn't enough to distract from the poor, unconvincing acting to the terrible story line. This idea has been done a million times already.
May 8, 2017
biggest blatant rip off of a movie (hithcock)..and no credit given
April 12, 2017
awesome movie, D.J. Caruso, was an excellent choice to direct.
March 1, 2017