Disturbia - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Disturbia Reviews

½ January 11, 2018
Only a viable choice if you're an eleven year-old girl. Nothing suspenseful or interesting.
November 12, 2017
I? liked this a lot in my youth
½ October 21, 2017
For a modernized knock-off of Rear Window...not bad. Falls into far too many generic tropes to be put in the same league as what they are mimicking, but there enough creativity to make it feel fresh.
October 15, 2017
wasnt expecting much, but good film!
October 9, 2017
A lot of originality coming from this Hitchcockian type picture. Easily carried by Shia LaBeouf and David Morse's performances. Should please any age group.
½ August 17, 2017
This movie is just another Thriller,but one thats great and that i really enjoyed
August 1, 2017
A tense, thrilling young- suspense movie. Shia LeBeouf did his best performance here. Lamentably, the movie falls as it progresses.
July 24, 2017
A well written and well acted, tense thriller that rips of every suburban nightmare in cinema. The homages are clear with Rear Window, The Burbs and What Lies Beneath but what makes Disturbia stand out is the writing, it doesn't try to be anything other than a teenager drama and fits perfectly. The performances are great, Moss and Morse putting in decent roles with LaBeouf and Roemer having good chemistry and he former showcasing some fantastic emotional range.
May 28, 2017
Fine, but can't live up to the original.
½ May 15, 2017
I found myself angry that I watched this movie. Or maybe I was angry at the movie. Regardless, be prepared for about one hour and ten minutes of nothing and then this movie starts to pick up. Unfortunately the action isn't enough to distract from the poor, unconvincing acting to the terrible story line. This idea has been done a million times already.
May 8, 2017
biggest blatant rip off of a movie (hithcock)..and no credit given
April 12, 2017
awesome movie, D.J. Caruso, was an excellent choice to direct.
March 1, 2017
not really realistic
February 27, 2017
Rip-off of Rear Window...
½ February 16, 2017
I somewhat remember this from my childhood, and I was like ugh they just had too put a asian guy in there. If I could be with me now, I'd be like "Yasmin look at that asian guy he likes to fick puzzies. Stop hating on him for being asian hate on him for being a slut." Other than that I don't think it was a great movie I kinda eh. I like it for the actors. It was funny.
January 5, 2017
Now that I've met Shia and worked for his manager, I must admit that the appeal of this movie is growing.
December 2, 2016
One of my absolute favorite movies
November 25, 2016
Four stars hands down! If you like this you will really like The Stepfather!
½ November 10, 2016
A good thriller with surprisingly great performances.
½ November 6, 2016
Even with a great performance from Shia LaBeouf and a strong start, "Disturbia" slowly faded as the movie progressed.

Following the death of his Father, a young boy finds himself in a bit of trouble at school, leading to a lengthy house arrest. While under house arrest, he's left with little electronics and no freedom. In complete boredom, he begins to take close watch of his neighbors. Without warning, he soon realizes that one of his neighbors could be a dangerous criminal that's hiding a deep, dark secret.

Shia LaBeouf has been under a lot of fire throughout his life. After starring as a young teen in the highly-grossing "Transformers" franchise, he's constantly made headlines for all the wrong reasons. However, I still look at him as an actor, and I think he's a phenomenal one when put in the right scenarios. This was one of those situations where I thought he was the highlight of the entire film, giving a great performance and leading the charge. There are some moments where he's really giving it his all and it actually has an effect on you, so he definitely deserves some recognition for this performance.

The movie is decent entertainment overall and the chemistry between characters isn't horrible by any means. This is the kind of movie that you can casually plop in for mindless entertainment or ambient background noise, but it gets weaker as you try and deconstruct the actual film. A lot of things are there just for show and it logically doesn't add to the story, and it's there just to be there.

Speaking of which, this movie lost a lot of credit due to its endless supply of eye candy, stalker like shots. I get it, Kale is stuck in his room all day and it's hard not to spy on his stunning new neighbor. However, this movie crosses the line between cute, and stalker-ish. Just about everything comes off in a stalker manner, and it creeps you out more than anything. His actions and the camera shots make you more uncomfortable more than anything, and it really was a lazy effort by the director.

In the end, there's not much to say about this movie. It's a simple movie with plenty of lackluster aspects and mindless entertainment. It's fine for the most part but it makes you cringe on more than one occasion.