Disturbia - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Disturbia Reviews

October 20, 2016
Absolute favourite! Great fun thriller. Starts of like a teenage movie flick but then it turns into an exciting thriller. Definitely in my top 10.
October 18, 2016
Disturbia is the kind of thriller that had you jumping out of your seat. It was an excellent film. The amount of trust was minimal, the suspense was well played, and the acting from Shia Labeouf, Carrie-Anne Moss, and David Morse was spot on.
½ October 16, 2016
Poorly done movie. Very cliche. Quite dull and shallow overall
October 10, 2016
4/5. A fun little thriller that's a lot better than one would expect.
½ September 11, 2016
A pretty solid thriller, and good to see LaBeouf before he was a cocky nobhead.
September 9, 2016
Very well paced, tense little thriller with sensitive performances and a few memorable set pieces, Disturbia is a lot better than it has a right to be. One thing I particularly love, as a True Crime enthusiast (shut up it's not creepy) is how many cues the film's serial killer takes from infamous real world murderers. The crawl space is a clear shout to Gacy, the obsession with a certain type of pretty young woman is shades of Bundy - and you even get a few cool references to The Shining, most notably the hateful cop's ultimate fate. If I have any complaints, they lie with the film's treatment of Ashley, who is paraded around much like Megan Fox in Transformers. The camera molests her constantly, and she's generally shown doing only 'sexy' activities. But whatever; that can certainly be forgiven in the face of how much fun the movie is overall.
½ September 4, 2016
Exceptionally well paced, acted and thought out, Disturbia rarely if ever falls into cliches and instead opts for an intellectual yet exciting.
½ August 23, 2016
Disturbia is a pretty good film; it features a solid performance from Shia LaBeouf before he wasn't famous anymore, and is very thrilling at times. The ending is a bit cliched, but the rest of the movie is worth it.
August 7, 2016
This type of thriller movie which never be boring to be watch again. Kudos ! The best of Lebouf so far.
½ July 31, 2016
A Hitchcock "Rear Window" rip-off that doesn't have the nearly the kind of character and plot development, pacing and tension Hitchcock has in his. Save your time and money, and watch "Rear Window" instead. I wasted mine with this not knowing how much it plagiarized Hitchcock's masterpiece.
½ July 24, 2016
Hearing about a kind of remake of rear window with Shia laBeoyf would anger most but Disturbia is a very good film. Taking the premise of rear window and applying it to a somewhat different situation keeps the film fresh and intriguing. Great performances from all involved, make this incredibly tense in parts.
July 17, 2016
While not the most original. The film's strong points come solely from the cast and chemistry between characters. I was surprised to see what has happened when Shia Leboeuf takes on a more serious role.
July 7, 2016
awesome movie, D.J. Caruso, was an excellent choice to direct.
½ June 19, 2016
Though certainly nowhere near on par with Hitchcock's classic "Rear Window," Disturbia still delivers the suspense it seeks while also mixing in awkward humor to make for a satisfying thriller.
June 10, 2016
Kinda annoyed me that almost the first half of the movie seems like a teenage chick flick but then things start to get interesting, wouldn't watch it again but at the end i kinda enjoyed how it turned out
June 4, 2016
2/27/08 Netflix, 6/3/16 THis is like 2 movies in one. The first part is mainly about the son's relationships with people. The end is more like a thriller. It actually keeps you on the edge of your seat and is very tense. Some of it is a little far fetched, but I enjoyed how much anxiety I was feeling as I watched it. Enjoyable, but not an outstanding film.
May 31, 2016
Average and recycled, but without forced situations, rendering it watchable.
May 26, 2016
Wobbles between different genres and a pretty cliched last 20 minutes.
May 25, 2016
Starts off okay but then slows down terribly....you could go take care of chores, while checking in with the movie occasionally, and still not miss anything. Once it picks up speed it becomes predictable with a couple of pleasant surprises.
May 24, 2016