Doc Hollywood - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Doc Hollywood Reviews

½ November 27, 2016
Of course, MJF is always charming... but Doc Hollywood, is stale, unoriginal and mostly a snore. But hey, it's one of those weird PG-13 movies with an extended nude scene... so there you go kids.
August 13, 2016
Plastic surgeon on his way to California gets sidetracked in a small town when he wrecks his car into the Justices of Peace fence and is sentenced to be the town doctor as community service. Cute romantic comedy.
½ August 5, 2016
As a huge amount of people, I am a great fan of Michael J. Fox because of his brilliant role of Marty McFly in «Back to the Future» trilogy. That's why I decided to watch this film.
«Doc Hollywood» is a rather funny romantic comedy. The cast is great, the jokes are good. I personally like the little town, in which the main character works as a doctor. The director tries to show us an ideal little town, in which the life is very slow, everybody knows each other. And the main problem of the film is based on the meeting of a dream of the main character about the job in Beverly Hills and a lot of money and the lovely reality of this town and a nice girl in it. Actually, we all know everything about this situation, and at the beginning of the film we already know the answer, what he will choose - the money or the girl. But I am sure, it doesn't matter at all. It's cool to watch over and over, that maybe only in the movies, but love is higher than money, and somewhere the people are so sweet, and the trees are so high and green... All in all, I really love these film because of the special kind atmosphere. There are a lot of beautiful and joyful scenes like when the Doc is dancing with Lou, or when he comes to here house (I like the nature very much), the walking with the pig. I especially like the role of Woody Harrelson - he acts as an insurance agent and Lou's boyfriend.
All in all, I really love these film because of the special kind atmosphere.
So, I recommend this film for a couple, that want to watch something romantic in the evening, or for people, who just want to watch something, that will help them to feel happy.
May 3, 2016
Why have I never seen this before? Thoroughly enjoyed it.
½ February 28, 2016
Another classic Michael J. Fox film.
½ February 2, 2016
Cute, Capra-esque film that works thanks to charming town folk and Michael J. Fox's likability.
June 26, 2015
Doc Hollywood meanders through its 104 minute running time and disjointed narrative; fortunately, likeable performances and chemistry from Michael J Fox and Julie Warner and some strong jokes work in its favor.
½ May 28, 2015
It's fun to see Michael J. Fox in his prime but this is a kind of dopey romantic comedy that satirizes rural communities.
½ March 7, 2015
Lightweight comedy that's also quite enjoyable. The film is really just "Northern Exposure" with Michael J. Fox as the big city doctor in the quirky small town, which includes local cute Julie Warner and colorful townsfolk Barnard Hughes as Doc Hogue, Woody Harrelson, David Ogden Stirers, Frances Sternhagen, Bridget Fonda and Roberts Blossom. George Hamilton also has bit part, though you can guess that he's not a small town character.
November 7, 2014
Predictable, but very enjoyable, good stuff from Michael J Fox and the entire cast!
October 28, 2014
Entertaining movie. A doctor get stranded in a small time town after an accident where he has to do community service in the local hospital.
October 6, 2014
Made for Fox generic fare.....watchable but not one of his best.
October 3, 2014
This is one of my favorite movies. I love Michael J Fox because he's so funny and I love the cute, Corkey characters throughout. Great classic!
October 2, 2014
It was a good idea, but the female character is unappealing. The urination scene is the single worst in the history of cinema. Completely predictable. But has some heart.
½ August 8, 2014
(First and only viewing - 11/19/2009)
½ June 28, 2014
It works. On all levels. Yes, if you are looking for something that is gripping or crime filled or suspenseful, then you're in the wrong movie theater. But that's a "you problem". This movie truly does give a realistic feel to the differences of small-town and big-city life. And all of the big Hollywood types that are cast do a great job of selling it. The title role caters perfectly to Michael J Fox's style, and he nails it. Julie Warner is the perfect combination of sass, sensuality and emotion, and shows why she should have beat out all of the supposedly big-name actresses the tried out for the role. David Ogden Stiers and Woody Harrelson are absolutely perfect in their "country bumpkin" roles, and a tip of the cap to George Hamilton, who is perfect as the evil city slicker in his limited role. A feel-good movie for the era that would make Capra proud.
½ May 5, 2014
Funny small town feel good movie. Dr get stuck in a small town and falls in love.
½ March 24, 2014
Fun small town romantic comedy.
February 17, 2014
A cliched, so-so 'comedy'.