Doomsday - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Doomsday Reviews

½ March 15, 2017
I will tell you how to enjoy this movie. I am a Scotsman myself and for that reason I supported the scottish people in it who were fighting back. Then those people became so horrible I fell back in line with supporting the main characters again. This movie tries to give you a bit of everything: futuristic meets, ye olde world, familiar action elements from a range of movies and still holds the plot together surprisingly well. However it does tail off towards the end and the worst parts unfortunately are reserved for the end.
½ March 5, 2017
I wanted to like it.. i like rhona mitra..but the movie wasnt good in my opinion.. story was crap..
February 22, 2017
While being a blatant rip-off of some great action films, this movie still seemed to keep me entertained. Every so often it would be so over-the-top that I couldn't help but laugh or get a kick in some way.

Again, all characters, set pieces, storyline, down to the damn cars they drove we're all borrowed from some better movie. I wouldn't recommend watching this movie unless you can turn your brain off and enjoy a recycled homage of you're favorite action/sci-fi movies.

It's worth a watch if there's nothing else on and you're in the mood for that sort of thing. Otherwise, I'd say skip it and go see something better.
February 11, 2017
Neil Marshal unabashedly wears his influences on his sleeves in this high budget b movie amalgamation. It was conceived with a specific audience in mind but it's execution is far more generalized making for a wildly uneven watch.
September 17, 2016
Mad Max meets Snake Plisskin.
½ August 13, 2016
8/13/2016: I really like this film. It was a very entertaining apocalypse movie and had that Mad Max feel.
jamrcla
July 25, 2016
I enjoyed it more than I thought I would even though the old virus story has been done before, It's basically 28 Days Later and Mad Max mixed, It had a chance to be different to the rest of its type but chose to go with action and gore, A few silly scenes ruined it but the action was ok, Predictable at times and not greatly acted but it's pretty fun in places, Could of been worse, Could of been better.
½ July 14, 2016
I always skip forward to the Bentley GT chase
May 30, 2016
Borrows a lot from better films (Mad Max in particular), but still a fun, mindless action movie that pays homage to 80s action fests.
May 20, 2016
Un Mad Max version cheap
½ April 15, 2016
It wasn't a bad film, but I expect better from Neil Marshall. Even in the context of a sci-fi film, I expect the plot and action to be believable, and this just wasn't. Good action though.
½ January 29, 2016
Not sure why the terrible ratings - I actually thought it was quite good.
January 2, 2016
Violent apocalyptic film throws every cliche into its plot and still manages to be boring.
August 22, 2015
Fun sci-fi action flick that is like a mashup of "Escape from New York" and "Mad Max". It doesn't take itself too seriously.
½ July 21, 2015
great British post - apocalyptic flick. The beginning is 'Escape From New York' middle 'Army Of Darkness' end 'Mad Max:Fury Road'. This pisses all over the mad max movie though. great action with plenty of blood and snot...loved it.
July 5, 2015
An absurd 80s homage/Frankenstei of sorts. It's got knights, Mad Max inspired hooligans, a scene of two ripped from Aliens, and a very Escape from New York and 28 Days/Weeks Later plot going on. It doesn't do any of those things better than the originals, but the fact that it manages to combine all of those elements with a reckless abandon.
June 16, 2015
Beaucoup trop de scènes sont juste piquées à d'autre films (28 jours plus tard pour l'exécution des civils, mad max pour la poursuite... etc)
dans l'ensemble c'est un très mauvais film
½ May 27, 2015
It's silly, but its silliness you warm to after the admittedly jarringly toned starter. The big criticism of the movie is its conflicted tone. On one hand, the plague devastation is played rather straight, but once you get to Glasgow its time for a party! Madness and entertainment ensues when you find the gangs, and the ending chase is just so great! The three themes of near future London, punk Glasgow and the medieval castle are distanced enough from each other that one theme never interrupts the next. Still, it makes the themes exist in their own vacuum, and the sense of urgency to escape with a cure seems to be sidelined until the final chase.

Popcorn entertainment, and makes the most of the setup for the B movie schlock. Don't expect a 28 days later style version of the plague and you are fine! not worthy of the low box office gross IMO
May 22, 2015
A good start but a pitiful finish leads doomsday to be another forgettable virus flick. The villains were pretty creepy though
May 20, 2015
Still in the top 10 list.