Doomsday - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Doomsday Reviews

September 17, 2016
Mad Max meets Snake Plisskin.
½ August 13, 2016
8/13/2016: I really like this film. It was a very entertaining apocalypse movie and had that Mad Max feel.
July 25, 2016
I enjoyed it more than I thought I would even though the old virus story has been done before, It's basically 28 Days Later and Mad Max mixed, It had a chance to be different to the rest of its type but chose to go with action and gore, A few silly scenes ruined it but the action was ok, Predictable at times and not greatly acted but it's pretty fun in places, Could of been worse, Could of been better.
½ July 14, 2016
I always skip forward to the Bentley GT chase
May 30, 2016
Borrows a lot from better films (Mad Max in particular), but still a fun, mindless action movie that pays homage to 80s action fests.
May 20, 2016
Un Mad Max version cheap
½ April 15, 2016
It wasn't a bad film, but I expect better from Neil Marshall. Even in the context of a sci-fi film, I expect the plot and action to be believable, and this just wasn't. Good action though.
½ January 29, 2016
Not sure why the terrible ratings - I actually thought it was quite good.
January 2, 2016
Violent apocalyptic film throws every cliche into its plot and still manages to be boring.
August 22, 2015
Fun sci-fi action flick that is like a mashup of "Escape from New York" and "Mad Max". It doesn't take itself too seriously.
½ July 21, 2015
great British post - apocalyptic flick. The beginning is 'Escape From New York' middle 'Army Of Darkness' end 'Mad Max:Fury Road'. This pisses all over the mad max movie though. great action with plenty of blood and snot...loved it.
July 5, 2015
An absurd 80s homage/Frankenstei of sorts. It's got knights, Mad Max inspired hooligans, a scene of two ripped from Aliens, and a very Escape from New York and 28 Days/Weeks Later plot going on. It doesn't do any of those things better than the originals, but the fact that it manages to combine all of those elements with a reckless abandon.
June 16, 2015
Beaucoup trop de scènes sont juste piquées à d'autre films (28 jours plus tard pour l'exécution des civils, mad max pour la poursuite... etc)
dans l'ensemble c'est un très mauvais film
½ May 27, 2015
It's silly, but its silliness you warm to after the admittedly jarringly toned starter. The big criticism of the movie is its conflicted tone. On one hand, the plague devastation is played rather straight, but once you get to Glasgow its time for a party! Madness and entertainment ensues when you find the gangs, and the ending chase is just so great! The three themes of near future London, punk Glasgow and the medieval castle are distanced enough from each other that one theme never interrupts the next. Still, it makes the themes exist in their own vacuum, and the sense of urgency to escape with a cure seems to be sidelined until the final chase.

Popcorn entertainment, and makes the most of the setup for the B movie schlock. Don't expect a 28 days later style version of the plague and you are fine! not worthy of the low box office gross IMO
May 22, 2015
A good start but a pitiful finish leads doomsday to be another forgettable virus flick. The villains were pretty creepy though
May 20, 2015
Still in the top 10 list.
May 18, 2015
So someone decided to remake 'Mad Max' with a dash of 'Killer Plague' and 'Medieval Times'... WHY!? And why do post apocalyptic survivors always turn into crazy punk rockers?!
May 4, 2015
It is extremely unfulfilled with the latest technology and no real answer!
May 3, 2015
A deadly virus appeared in Scotland killing millions. UK government had no choice but to completely isolate Scotland by destroying all access points and leaving the inhabitants to die. A little Scottish girl was rescued before the final quarantine, 27 years later, she became a top soldier. The deadly virus appeared in UK once again, it is up to a team of experts to go inside Scotland to find a cure, or die trying.

Possibly one of the weakest Marshall films. He drew his influence from many science fiction films such as Mad Max, 28 Days Later, Omegaman, etc. Some parts worked well, some parts didn't. I enjoyed the fights and costumes but to see Scottish people regress to Feudal society was a bit silly. I like how realistic (in terms of the setting of the film) it was but it failed to present a well sounded narrative.
½ April 4, 2015
I wish I could give it a zero. crap script.