Dream House - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dream House Reviews

½ September 6, 2017
When I saw this movie at the theater I was deeply moved by it. Six years later I discovered the critics hated it so I watched it again. Sorry, but I still think it is a very touching and interesting movie. Great performances by the family.
August 18, 2017
This is Jim Sheridan's embarrassing entry of the haunted house genre that is neither an intelligent psychological thriller nor a good scare.
June 18, 2017
O roteiro de David Loucka nunca decola, não tem anzol nem isca, apesar da premissa interessante. tudo aqui e cozinhado no vapor, o resultado à (C) frio e anêmico.
½ June 15, 2017
A movie that will be with you forever.
June 12, 2017
I thought this movie was pretty good, i dont see how people said it was obviously scary because the movie wasn't really a horror movie it was more of like a mystery thriller and there was so many plot twist that just left my mouth open
½ February 15, 2017
A mediocre concept done in the worst possible way.
December 11, 2016
This was the most life-changing movie I have ever seen. When I say cinematic experience, I am NOT over exaggerating. Before watching Dream House, I was paralyzed from the boobs down but now I have full movement. I was also missing both of my kidneys and I now have three. This movie changed my life so I'm now dedicated to making sure that everyone sees it. BEST MOVIE EVER.
½ October 31, 2016
A lot better than people give it credit for. I think the issue that people had with it is that they expected a horror/thriller but got a psychological drama. Don't expect a horror movie and you probably won't be disappointed.
September 25, 2016
Very smart film. Not what i expected it to be and i thought was very enjoyable. Just don't watch trailer though as ruins the twist.
September 17, 2016
this is a great movie. don't understand the bad reviews
August 16, 2016
Não assusta, não surpreende, não comove. O fato de ser dirigido por Jim Sheridan e ter Daniel Craig, Rachel Weisz e Naomi Watts no elenco não supera o desastre completo que é o roteiro. Um dos piores do ano, certamente.
½ August 8, 2016
Watchable, that's about it.
½ July 18, 2016
Dream house - like every other review says - is a mess. But I do have more to say.
Dream House could've been a pretty decent psychological thriller film.
The acting and direction was outstanding.
And I liked the idea. In every story, I always want the victim to be the bad guy without really knowing due to psycological issues. That might sound kind of crazy but I've seriously bee waiting for this kind of movie, and I'm not sure if it's original or not, but I like this story.
So there's a painter. The painter has a creative idea for a masterpiece. But the painter paints really bad.
This movie was poorly painted. It was an idea poorly put together, just like The Purge, and that messed up 2016 Batman/Superman movie.
Oh, and if you're still reading this - before you watch the movie - don't watch the trailer.
July 14, 2016
Decent flick - not as suspenseful as I thought it would be... but cool storyline and above average acting job. Decently written... if you're into low level suspense with a good story... this flick is for you.
July 8, 2016
Slow, but a few good twists.
June 27, 2016
It starts off intriguing and the twist I found somewhat unexpected but the film never does anything interesting with any of these elements and gets very convoluted at the end.
June 12, 2016
I have no idea why this has such a terrible rating on this site, I thought it was great.
June 11, 2016
I really liked this movie. I knew there was more to the story but did not see that coming.
May 29, 2016
I absolutely LOVED this film. One of the best thrillers I have seen in years. DON'T ruin it by watching a trailer, just watch the movie. Unbelievable and unexpected twists -- and I am a mystery thriller affiocionado.
May 7, 2016
This movie made me cry. It's not necessarily a thriller, no, it's more of a sweet psychotic trip about the interesting man. It shows how strong a father's love is and how strong a marriage should be, and even touches on justice. It's actually a beautiful story with a lot of suspense and thinking. I did roll out tears after the plot turned in the middle. This a story that will break your heart, and reality, but it shows you through one man's confusion between realities