Dumplin' - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dumplin' Reviews

January 20, 2019
Netflix should stick to producing series
½ January 19, 2019
Horrible. Hit every cliche in the books. Nothing original at all. Very stale and hard to enjoy. It's so predictable that I was able to correctly guess how the movie would end 20 minutes into the movie. Would not recommend. Makes everything seem more extreme than it is in reality. You won't get anything special out of watching this.
½ January 17, 2019
1.17.19 on NF @ home w/Sh & J
January 17, 2019
This is the best Movie I have ever seen!!!!!
January 16, 2019
I thought it was wonderfully perfect - with a message for girls and women of every age (watching it at 48 years old, with 15 and 20 year old daughters and it tapped into all of our deepest insecurities). But what shocked me was audience reviews saying that this movie celebrated obesity, or normalized unhealthy eating behaviors. I have to say, those people missed the entire point of the movie. And to those who said it was an "ugly duckling" story - wrong again! This was a story about how we limit ourselves in our own minds, and how easily we can fall into the trap of judging one another. Whether you weigh 110 poiunds, or 210 pounds, and whether you are a "classic" beauty queen or a drag queen, there will be people trying to tell you who you are ... but they don't get to make that decision - you do! What an incredibly lovely message, told in a heartwarming, engaging, laugh-out-loud funny movie that will leave you crying tears of joy.
January 16, 2019
wonderful movie with Jennifer Aniston!
January 15, 2019
It will be great movie I think, will watch it asap. Boxxy software always helps me to see movies in a good quality.
January 14, 2019
Lovely movie that shows that beauty comes in various eays. Empowering and heartwarming.
January 14, 2019
Chock-full of Texan-isms, Dolly, and drag queens, Dumplin' is an instant cult classic. Dolly Parton wrote 6 new songs for the movie and the sountrack as a whole is a gem!
January 14, 2019
Wonderful. Watched with my 14 year old and it opened up such a great discussion on inclusiveness and body image. Highly recommend to watch with your teen daughter.
January 12, 2019
Loved this movie! Dumplin' is funny, sincere and just a good hearted movie!
January 12, 2019
Another case of the trailer of a movie basically giving away the film here. The film plays out from the beginning with the basic love large people premise and basically paints by numbers from there on. On the positive side, you get all the hits of the Dolly catalog and all the actors play their parts well. While it's Willa's story, at certain times I found her hard to believe her motivations behind her actions, and I favored the supporting characters to her. The conflicts in the plot are solved too easily. Jennifer Aniston does what she can with what she is given, but her performance seems pretty safe and standard fare that she can do with her eyes closed. It's just your basic feel-good movie with good music and a good message. No harm at all, but really leaves no lasting impression on the viewer.
January 12, 2019
Oh wow. This movie is cringe-inducingly terrible. The acting is literally laugh-out-loud terrible, the story seems to have come from a rejected Lifetime movie script, the dialog is horrendous, and there isn't a single likeable character.

No one with 2 firing neurons would give this movie an honest review of even decent, but apparently reviewers had to be guilted into it because it hits the right social justice beats.

There is a redeeming quality though: grab a few friends and some beer. Put this movie on. Drink everytime something is the stupidest thing you've seen in a movie up until that moment. You'll be passed out in an hour.
January 10, 2019
A very very cute movie, and a story with a heart of gold, and good intentions. What really makes this movie a standout are the great performances and the perfectly suited soundtrack
January 10, 2019
Loved this story and the soundtrack is even better than the film!
January 8, 2019
Dumplin is one of the best movies ever! I love it so much and the happiness and the joyfulness is so amazing. I love every bit of it and I definitely recommend it.
½ January 7, 2019
Willowdean ('Dumplin'), the plus-size teenage daughter of a former beauty queen, signs up for her mom's beauty pageant as a protest that escalates when other contestants follow her footsteps´┐ 1/2 all to a Dolly Parton soundtrack! What is not to love? It is funny, feel-good, touching and has a thoughtful message.
January 6, 2019
Pretty cliche, but I couldn't help thinking the whole time that Dolly Parton must have got a pretty paycheck for this one considering she didn't even make an appearance. I'm not a fan of MacDonald.
January 5, 2019
Love this movie, made me cry!
January 4, 2019
great film.... there must've been a lot of pollen in the air at the end... A LOT of pollen!!!... that got directly into my eyes. lol