Dumplin' - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dumplin' Reviews

April 21, 2019
This movie is packed with emotion, comedy, and beautiful glitz. Pair that with some award worthy performances, some classic dolly, and some really solid writing, and you've got yourself a hit!
April 21, 2019
A lovely movie - definitely worth the watch. It had me laughing, singing, dancing and reaching for the tissues. It has the - and not to sound rude - unexpected hot guy liking the 'outcast' (Willowdean). I will be watching this until I can recite the script.
½ April 20, 2019
I watched this movie because of Jennifer Aniston. I wasn't sure of how it was going to turn out, but it turned out amazing. Such a feel good movie and it'll always remain a favorite.
½ April 19, 2019
The casts performances were stupendous especially Danielle McDonald and Jennifer Aniston. Maddie Baillio, Bex Taylor-Klaus, Odeya Rush, and Luke Benward also gave fantastic performances. Dolly Parton's soundtrack was spectacular. This is one of my favorite Netflix movies ever and one of my favorite movies ever.
April 11, 2019
A cheese cliche turned into a movie. An angry main character for no reason whatsoever and a narrative without any purpose or character development.
April 5, 2019
Great movie and very inclusive. A movie for everyone
March 31, 2019
I loved this movie! It was heartfelt and relatable, and entertaining! I highly recommend it. The cast was great!
March 25, 2019
With a perfect blend of fun and teenage drama, Dumplin' is one of Netflix's best original films, because it has a great direction by Anne Fletcher, an excellent screenplay by Kristin Hahn, a spectacular soundtrack of Dolly Parton, that produced a beautiful song only for the film, and characters very well interpreted by Danielle Macdonald, Jennifer Aniston, Odeya Rush, Maddie Baillio and Bex Taylor-Klaus
March 21, 2019
A Good movie that tell a story that girl or overweight persons ID with. Great Ending and love all the Dolly Parton songs.
March 18, 2019
I really liked this film. It is flowly funny, It is a non pretentious movie which you can enjoy it. However, some of the actors look older than 16 or 17, such as Danielle Macdonald and Luke Benward.
½ March 11, 2019
It's hard to resist all of the charm and heart in "Dumplin'." This movie knows what it needs to be and I think its a solid feel-good movie with a positive message. I do feel at times the plot and characters are a little bit over the top but I felt the movie ultimately has good and honest performances. I think it was a better movie than I had anticipated in terms of quality, but it delivered exactly what I expected when it came to the story, and I was fine with that. Despite a somewhat predictable story, the movie brings an original style and energy to this premise, and part of that is the fun soundtrack. It never tries to be more than a simple feel-good movie and if that's what you're in the mood for, it is a good choice.
½ March 3, 2019
often i think movie critics and awards forget why we go to movies,, this movie knows why,, to connect and to feel good at the end,, both are well done here, loved it
March 2, 2019
I love Dolly Parton, and Jennifer Aniston, those are the two stars. The movie was not only unoriginal, but also a huge virtue signal. Without confidence, it doesnt matter what you look like, the hot guy isn't going to notice you, unless you're a godess. I believe the message that the movie sends, with the adorable male character turning down the model for a girl who is not only not as physically attractive, but has less confidence is unrealistic and hurtful to people who live in reality. True, you can win with personality, but the attractive qualities in personality are confidence, and hard work. When the main character sees her friend working hard, she rolls her eyes. I had hoped her performance would make up for that and show that she had changed, but it didnt seem to. What it seemed like was everyone around her changed and that's what gave her the confidence, instead of the main character learning something and changing themselves. Also, that short haired chick complaing about patriarchy? Does she not know how blessed she is to be living in a country that will allow her to dress the way she pleases?
February 27, 2019
An emotional story that made you dive into the drama of the main character with a mix of feelings, but the most strong one is inspiration. Great movie!
February 27, 2019
I absolutely loved this movie. Seems like a total tear jerker at first but man, really turned out to be a fabulous movie!
February 23, 2019
Cutest movieIā(TM)ve seen in a long time.
February 23, 2019
The attempt to take a shot into pretentious expressionism meaningfully turned into something persuasively insightful with a sweet, conflicted heart pumped-up by good performances, particularly Danielle MacDonald in her breakthrough spotlight, and an upbeat soundtrack that the film celebrates as dedication. (B+)

(Full review TBD)
½ February 19, 2019
Lifeless movie, it is not found in any moment, it is not drama, it is not comedy ... it is just nothing the whole movie.
½ February 19, 2019
February 19, 2019
What this coming-of-age film lacks in emotional depth it tries to make up for with charm to inconsistent results.