Elf - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Elf Reviews

½ August 14, 2017
Elf is a classic movie that is hilarious in every way. I recommend this movie to people looking for a laugh!
July 7, 2017
Best Christmas movie ever!!!
June 27, 2017
This is one of my favorite movies of all time! I would watch it again and again even when it's nowhere NEAR Christmas. It's really funny and puts you in a good mood.
May 2, 2017
Elf is a good silly movie it had me laughing I like how buddy the elf was in the bathroom when a woman was taking a shower and she said get out. So that was a funny part in this sill movie!
March 20, 2017
Best Christmas movie ever.
March 20, 2017
Lacklustre comedy that is easily forgettable.
½ February 26, 2017
In our household watching this film every year is an annual tradition and the film still holds up. I laugh at the jokes every time. It is a classic, charming, funny and well acted.
February 13, 2017
Man one of the Christmas movie. I gave it 5 stars because who doesn't like elf i mean let's be honest. Elf is a really funny movie. I just like it because we watch it every Christmas Eve and it gets funnier every time we watch it .
February 11, 2017
"If you're feeling strong, my friend, call me "elf" one more time!" (Long pause) "He's an angry elf"
February 4, 2017
I used to love this movie, but now I lost interest in it due to the fact that Will Ferrell is just not my cup of tea anymore. I think his comedy routine is very stale, and the only movie I liked him in was Step Brothers because that was really funny.

This movie had some moments that were kind of funny, but for the most part, I don't like it too much. But I kind of recommend it if you like Will Ferrell and Christmas movies.
January 17, 2017
Family favorite. I watch this movie several times throughout the holiday season. Love, Love, Love it!
January 14, 2017
This film is a joy to watch with Will Ferrell at his most charming... and innocent.
January 6, 2017
It was a really funny, very nice and really entertaining live-action family holiday comedy. It had really great cinematography, really excellent special effects, really excellent cast, really nice humor, really good adventure, really great music, really well done costumes, really nice characters and a really nice story. It was my first time seeing this movie when I was 14 years old during Christmas 2006. This is going to be one of my favorite Christmas movies of 2003. I really recommend this movie to both kids and adults.
January 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 29, 2016
November 21st 2014
November 29th 2015
December 23rd 2016
½ December 26, 2016
As much as I hate Will Ferrell, this was still quite enjoyable!
½ December 26, 2016
Elf has a well constructed story, is compelling as comedy, its theme is original, the soundtrack is great, and its cast was well choosed. It's a perfect movie to watch in Christmas time.
½ December 25, 2016
Delightful Christmas movie that has emerged as a new classic, thanks to a game cast and sweet but intelligence nature to it's storytelling. Will Ferrel is superb as Buddy, giving one of his best lead performances playing him as a simple but sweet natured man who just wants the best for everyone. His physical comedy can't be denied (just the image of him at his size in an elf outfit is laugh out loud) but Ferrell plays him with such charm you understand why everyone warms to him. He gets great support from the rest of the cast, particularly the great Bob Newhart as his adopted father, whose opening narration perfectly sets the film's tone, and Zooey Deschanel as his love interest, who gets a chance to show off her singing chops. Plus, Peter Dinklage has a hilarious cameo as a short person Buddy mistakes for an elf. Behind the camera, Jon Favreau crafts a smart but sweet, poking gentle fun at Christmas traditions & movies but in such a loving way you can tell it's meant to pay homage over satire (the fact the North Pole is populated by claymation creatures is a great touch). The sweetness pervades throughout the film and in a nice twist, his biological father's wife, played by the wonderful Mary Steenburgen, is openly accepting of Buddy over being a cliche wicked stepmother. Overall, a funny family film that deserves a permanent fixture in every Christmas movie collection.