Elf - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Elf Reviews

September 26, 2016
So funny. Only Will Farrell could truly pull that character off.
½ September 22, 2016
Elf is one of the best Christmas movies ever made, and a staple in Jon Favreau's filmography.
August 27, 2016
Really good Christmas movie
August 26, 2016
Jon Favreau had this big family Christmas hit five years before taking on the Iron Man franchise. The cast is pretty great in this silly holiday movie. I appreciate Bob Newhart, Ed Asner, Mary Steenburgen, and James Caan doing their thing. Zooey Deschanel is super adorable, but I didn't recognize her at first. What can I say about Will Ferrell?? I'm not a big fan of Ferrell's man-child act. It took me over ten years to be exposed to this goofy flick, which I was at the previous Christmas get together with the in-laws. Call me a scrooge, I guess, but I didn't find Elf funny overall.
August 26, 2016
Here is a Christmas movie in which I can easily remember than any other Christmas movie, thanks to Will Ferrell's heartwarming performance.
½ August 23, 2016
Elf is outright hilarious, unlike some other 2000's Will Ferrell duds (Talladega Knights, anyone?) The sheer innocence Ferrell gives Buddy the elf just elevates the character and reminds us of when we were like that. All of those who didn't like the movie, "you sit on a throne of lies!"
½ August 13, 2016
Santa brings home an orphan baby and he grows up to be Will Ferrell, an elf living in the north pole. He's soon told he's not like the other elves and that his real father lives in New York and his dad's on the naughty list. The elf goes off to find his dad and the hilarity begins as he journeys through New York city. Ferrell gives a pleasant performance and ultimately became a blockbuster star with this bittersweet comedy.
July 21, 2016
A rare modern Christmas classic. Very humorous and a popular family movie
July 18, 2016
Whoever cast Will Ferrell as a man who thinks he's an elf deserves an Oscar. Also, this is the only movie I can stand Zooey Deschanel in.
July 17, 2016
The best Christmas movie I ever seen very funny movie
½ July 17, 2016
Will Ferrell is hilarious in this, definitely one of his better roles, and he is the strength of this movie.
July 5, 2016
Ferrell and Caan are great together in this. Very funny.
½ June 13, 2016
Elf is an all time Christmas classic. You can't have Christmas without watching this movie. Will Ferrell does a great job on playing Buddy the Elf. The movie is hilarious and the plot is hilarious. I would very much suggest this movie.
June 12, 2016
One of the best movies ever created, in my humble opinion. Will Ferrell is miraculous.
June 8, 2016
will ferrell's snow ball skills are something to marvel at in this holiday classic. Love the movie like buddy love the sweets. My dude pours syrup on spaghetti.
June 5, 2016
Great and funny movie
½ May 17, 2016
Best christmas film for me it's really funny and gets me in a festive mood.
½ May 5, 2016
I am not a fan of Will Ferrell. I find him juvenile to a fault and he always seems to be aiming for something lower than the lowest common denominator. In Elf however, his infantile antics are actual what make the film worth watching. It goes on a bit too long, for the most part, it takes it's absurdities to just the right pitch to make a film that is sweet and almost charming. Elf is at it's best when Ferrell is doing his shtick (although he often veers dangerously into ham territory.) When it tried to incorporate romance and family drama into the mix, Elf falls flat, and the romance seems a bit icky. However, if you have to watch a Will Ferrell comedy, you could do much, much worse.