Encino Man - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Encino Man Reviews

October 29, 2017
This movie is so dumb but at the same time so funny, I laughed a lot while watching this movie, I would probably see this movie again and when I do I will laugh some more, I love the concept of a cave man and two people taking care of him and goofing around. I forgot to do the intro, so good hilarious movie starring the guy from the mummy, Sam from lord of the rings or bob from stranger things and some random guy who was hilarious.
June 10, 2017
This film really is a hit, Brendan Fraser really is outstanding. Pauly Shore constant use of the term 'weasing the ju-uice" makes the film a blast to watch. KEEP BEING A UNIQUE WEASEL, BUUUDDDYYYY. peace.
May 4, 2017
Stupid, but it has that undeniable nineties charm. You have to love it! (First and only viewing - 9/18/2008)
March 29, 2017
It's not the perfect comedy, but there is some heart and soul in this Pauly Shore classic!
March 25, 2017
"Encino Man" is sooooo 90's. It has everything that you would expect from a cheesy 90's comedy including various montages of a cavemen's antics in modern society (most stereotypically at an amusement park). We also get to see the caveman placed into a high school setting where he inevitably becomes popular, a museum where he sees his ancestors, and he even hijacks a car that ends up driving sideways, balanced on two wheels. And of course, no 90's high school film is complete without a prom scene. It subscribes to the dumb comedy formula established by "Wayne's World" but lacks the creativity and originality of its predecessors. Imagine the classic mall sequence from "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" for 90-minutes with only one character. The 33-day shooting schedule shows through hastily shot scenes and a lack of acting finesse. If you think that Brendan Fraser is overly slapstick as George of the Jungle, you haven't seen anything until you've seen him acting like a caveman that can barely speak a word. One of the biggest issues that people have with the film is Pauly Shore. I actually don't mind him since the majority of the film matches his signature airheadedness. It's amazing that people see his films and just accept his personality as typical of the 90's. More than anything, it helps me to better appreciate Shore's character in "A Goofy Movie." Sean Astin makes an okay protagonist but the real standout is Megan Ward as she makes "Robyn" into a genuinely likable character, something that is difficult to find in this story. "Encino Man" serves as evidence that an entire generation just accepted films comprised of random sequential montages and dance sequences loosely tied together by a plot. If you want to see an entertaining brainless comedy, stick to "Bill and Ted" or "Billy Madison."
February 20, 2017
a classic still funny and fun
January 7, 2017
its a pretty funny 90's movie
½ January 7, 2017
One of my guilty pleasure films.
½ December 21, 2016
I wish that it didn't end like that but i don't care really i rarely see movies like this I love 80's movies this one is one of one watch times but I will never care because I'm not gonna watch it again
December 13, 2016
I'm still wondering what our fascination was with Pauly Shore from 1992-1995, but it all started here. Mild comedy at best that really hasn't aged well.
November 30, 2016
Nifty flick - surprised i haven't seen it until now... but comical and keeps you entertained. The 3 main actors have good chemistry together and balance each other out and the characters balance each other out as well. Nothing to "write home to mom" about... but... yeah...
November 6, 2016
Funny and very silly. A very enjoyable movie that I've loved since I was a kid!
June 15, 2016
Throw logi out the window its a teen high school comedy its a decent stoner movie
June 13, 2016
Pretty good movie when you're 10.
April 21, 2016
"If you liked Wayne's World, you'll love Encino Man!" Not sure I agree with the tagline for the movie, but Encino Man sure managed to entertain me with it's silly, goofy plot-line that includes Sean Astin, Brendon Fraser & Pauly Shore who surprisingly is less aggravating in this one than Bio-Dumb.
March 16, 2016
I can see the appeal had someone grown up with this but outside the target demographic of immaturity, this movie has nothing to offer.
January 29, 2016
How could you not like this??
October 19, 2015
pauly shore... i hate him
½ August 23, 2015
The bone structure shows some weakness, weirdness and some fun energy within in this goofball comedy with enough funny parts at a small amount sporadically to make this enjoyable at an okay level. (B)

(Full review coming soon)
½ June 14, 2015
Stupid but funny 90's comedy with Brendan Fraser as a caveman who is found frozen in a teenager's backyard.