Eraserhead - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Eraserhead Reviews

June 21, 2017
Eraserhead is so genuinely odd, hypnotic, and subliminally depressing that I can't truly explain how Lynch managed to do it. It's not his best work, but still his most claustrophobic.
May 30, 2017
Bizarre, gross, and surreal (of course), David Lynch's allegorical debut serves as an excellent source of the director's foundation as well as his seemingly endless intellectual creativity.
½ May 28, 2017
I thought it was amazing.
May 26, 2017
Classic horror film, stunning and disturbing visuals.
May 21, 2017
Rotten Tomato! Eraserhead is perfect for today's abortion obsessed secular society. A man's fear of parenting and the desire to destroy his own progeny plus the fear of being punished for killing his own progeny is blessed by the radiator female (his feminine version of his own subconscious mind). Today we have men handing over the killing of their own progeny to the women (the carriers of their progeny). The responsibility and blame is squarely placed on the women who are protected by the manmade laws which forbid punishment of the women carrier. Lynch's surreal world is a real world today. What is surreal now is that men actually believe they are off the hook for killing their own progeny and fulfilling that desire through women (who are the radiator female). In 1970s lingo we call that a 'cop out' because he lets someone else do his dirty work. (5/21/17)
May 20, 2017
The beauty with which Lynch draws his ideas from the horror and the way in which he gradually links the mind of the viewer with the film so that later it is trapped in it, is a perennial and inescapable triumph of illusionism that no one could achieve, and who better than this director to delve into it. 100/100
May 18, 2017
This movie is mostly just a composition of bizarre and surreal visuals. And that's what make it succeeds. Anyone familiar with David Lynch films will realize that this is just like any other of his films, without all the swearing, sex and violence. Surreal images, long stretches of no talking, (there is no talking until almost the 11 minute mark, then there is no more dialogue until the 17 minute mark) and what he used for the baby. The baby is premature, yes, but it's clearly not human. David Lynch has not revealed what he used, or any of the actors or production members, but I would say it's a chicken fetus. And Henry is one of the most awkward characters you'll ever meet. I can't say much more about it, you'll just have to watch it for yourself. The last I can say is, if you thought Darren Aronofsky's Pi (1998) was weird, trippy and unwatchable, you won't last 5 minutes through this film.
½ May 16, 2017
David Lynch's 'Eraserhead' seems to take some cues from the work of Bunuel- it's stylish but slightly vile, disgusting and certainly unnerving. In many ways it plays like a warm-up to 'The Elephant Man' just 3 years later. It deals with a bizarre looking man who has begun to look after his child ( which looks more like a creature from the workshop of H R Giger) and the anxiety and nightmares that arise from this challenge or ordeal. It's an interesting movie and naturally not for all tastes. Most intriguing is the constant industrial noise in the soundtrack. It almost fools you into believing it will be a wordless movie!
April 28, 2017
This is what drugs are for!
April 26, 2017
A strange and unique film that some wont enjoy
April 21, 2017
I'm Shooting My Feature-Length Films Only Just In Technicolor.
½ April 5, 2017
Whatever it means to you, Eraserhead is a haunting film that is impossible to ignore and unlike anything out there.
½ April 2, 2017
El resentimiento por las malas experiencias le han impreso en el rostro una expresión de vulnerabilidad, que la confusión hace virar a una rabia contenida que no sabe canalizar. La mujer con la que se hizo ilusiones lo convoca porque no le queda de otra, tiene que poner en sus manos una responsabilidad compartida de la que sin embargo no piensa hacerse cargo ella. En el calor de la estufa ve su vocación frustrada, una vida posible que lo hubiera llevado a conocer a la mujer que idealiza, que no es la perra que lo utiliza ni la vecina de enfrente que está fuera de su alcance.

El mundo es desolado, su mente un planeta cavernoso e infranqueable que lo gobierna un enfermo que no es su amigo. En una genial secuencia de pesadillas se convierte a plenitud en el monstruo de sus responsabilidades. No hay lugar para su cabeza, que se le revela como materia prima ideal para fabricar borradores: un instrumento del olvido, que busca eliminar una realidad hacia la cual se siente alienado.

9/10: Fascinante.
½ March 31, 2017
I love arthouse films and even I thought this was boring, pretentious, and awful.
½ March 27, 2017
Surreal and masterful, I loved it.
February 26, 2017
Weird but completely BORING... At least to me it was
February 18, 2017
....I can't really categorize this
½ January 31, 2017
So this was a movie, right? A guy fears parenting, death, and meets god...maybe?
½ January 31, 2017
1-17 Full Analysis not complete.
½ January 24, 2017
It's a very good looking film, but it's very bland and just plain awkward.